So I go into Starbucks today...

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
PintOGuinness
Junior

So I go into Starbucks today...

Post by PintOGuinness » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:09 pm

...to acquire my caffeine fix for the rest of the afternoon. As I join the queue of caffeine craving yuppies, I look up and none other than the curly haired boyfriend himself, Dan Shaughnessy, is waiting in line in front of me.

I look up at him and say, "Dan, you gonna give UMass a little love this year?" His face contorted as if he had just whiffed paint fumes. He simply laughed at me and turned away.

Did I approach this situation correctly?
Word to your motha!

km109
Senior

Post by km109 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:13 pm

NO! You missed the opportunity to kick him in whatever he's trying to pass off as balls and run like an SOB.

FireLappas2004
Junior

Re: So I go into Starbucks today...

Post by FireLappas2004 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:44 pm

[quote="PintOGuinness"]...to acquire my caffeine fix for the rest of the afternoon. As I join the queue of caffeine craving yuppies, I look up and none other than the curly haired boyfriend himself, Dan Shaughnessy, is waiting in line in front of me.

I look up at him and say, "Dan, you gonna give UMass a little love this year?" His face contorted as if he had just whiffed paint fumes. He simply laughed at me and turned away.

Did I approach this situation correctly?[/quote]

Was this a Starbucks in Amherst?? where were you?

Scott O
Senior

Post by Scott O » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:46 pm

Bout a yr ago, Shank Shaunessy was seen at The Last Drop (the one in Newton I think?) where he's known to frequent and tie one on. On this night he really ties one on and embarasses himself somewhat. A co-worker of mine hears this. The next day, coworker 1 sneaks over to coworker 2's computer. He sends Shank an email complaining of his rude behavior, his harassment of women, and tells Dan that he's really not sure how he should proceed. Coworker 2 gets back to his desk and soon recieves a call.

"Hi this is Brian"
"Hi Brian, this is Dan Shaunessy"
long awkward pause
"From the Globe, Dan Shaunessy"
"Yes"
"Oh, ok, what can I do for you"
"I wnated to explain about the other night"
Coworker 2 is very busy, has 2 customers standing at his desk, and is in no mood for a joke.
"Last night"
"Yeah, the email you sent me abou The Last Drop"
"What"
"I wanted to apologize to you."
"Apologize to me"
"Yes"
"For what????"
This excahnge goes on, with both in complete confusion, with an office full of knuckleheads laughing our asses off.

Screw Shank.
Retarded artistically. Idiotic in other respects.

CRR_
Senior

Post by CRR_ » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:51 pm

km109 wrote:NO! You missed the opportunity to kick him in whatever he's trying to pass off as balls and run like an SOB.
Yes!!!
"For the record, they didn't steal the laptops; they sold them."

PintOGuinness
Junior

Re: So I go into Starbucks today...

Post by PintOGuinness » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:53 pm

FireLappas2004 wrote:
PintOGuinness wrote:...to acquire my caffeine fix for the rest of the afternoon. As I join the queue of caffeine craving yuppies, I look up and none other than the curly haired boyfriend himself, Dan Shaughnessy, is waiting in line in front of me.

Did I approach this situation correctly?
Was this a Starbucks in Amherst?? where were you?
Boylston Street, Boston
Word to your motha!

Chemical Ali
Senior

Post by Chemical Ali » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:56 pm

km109 wrote:NO! You missed the opportunity to kick him in whatever he's trying to pass off as balls and run like an SOB.
Why run when you can stand hovering over him repeatedly kicking him in the balls? If you're going to start it, you might as well make the cops drag you away.

PintOGuinness
Junior

Post by PintOGuinness » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:05 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Why run when you can stand hovering over him repeatedly kicking him in the balls? If you're going to start it, you might as well make the cops drag you away.
He's about 6'4", bigger than I thought. I'm 5'11". Impossible for me to hover over him.
Word to your motha!

km109
Senior

Post by km109 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:06 pm

Ali, I thought of that, but that prissy little bitch would get too much pleasure relating his anguish in open court and you know the Globe would give it the full treatment.

Used to be VOR
Hall of Fame

Post by Used to be VOR » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:22 pm

Back when things were going well for UMass I e-mailed him and complained about his frequent use of the term "Hootervile" to describe Amherst. I sarcastically offered to buy him a drink next time he was out here in the "sticks"...saying that from what I had heard, that was an offer he could not refuse.

About an hour later I got a call from Dan-O saying that my crack about boos was vaguely racist because he was Irish. And then we proceeded to go back and forth for about 5 minutes before I hung up.

Ten minutes later I got a call from Bob Ryan thanking me for the e-mail and saying he had taped it up all over the newsroom.

Good times......[/i]

krkess
Senior

Post by krkess » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:56 pm

I'm proud of you guys, Mr. Guinness ,VOR and Scott O, that's some really good stuff. That guy can't get harassed enough. BTW, I think he lives in Groton.

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:08 pm

krkess wrote: I think he lives in Groton.
you think clearly..
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

PintOGuinness
Junior

Post by PintOGuinness » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:28 pm

He's from Groton, he currently resides in Newton.
Word to your motha!

krkess
Senior

Post by krkess » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:42 pm

Good. The further he is from the Merrimack Valley the better. Speaking of Globe writers, what ever happened to Joe Burris?
Pinto G: I'll be sure to have Guinness tonite in your honor!

Sheck
Hall of Fame

Post by Sheck » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:26 pm