2023-24 Season

Talk UMass Hockey. Home of the 2021 National Champions!
TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3160
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:25 am

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by TruBluMaroon » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:08 pm

Old Cage wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:13 pm ^
Evin O'Sullivan @Evin_Sully · 34m
I wonder how Chmelar (The Providence player who got his wrist cut mid game) is doing, haven't heard an update on that front yet.

(Evin is one of us.)
FYI
He played in both games at Arizona State over the weekend and had an assistant in the PC loss on Friday.

User avatar
LS71
Hall of Fame
Posts: 7970
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:55 pm
Location: Lost in Space

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by LS71 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:33 pm

^Thanks. I was wondering about that as well.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

LouMass
Junior
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:18 am
Location: My Old Kentucky Home

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by LouMass » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:29 pm

UMass went up 1-0 on a score by Ufco, but the UVM coach challenged a shot to the head 3 minutes earlier in the period. After review, the goal was disallowed and a 5 minute major assessed. I don’t understand how you can disallow a goal but not replay from the time of the penalty. Sometimes I just don’t get this game.

User avatar
jjmc85
Senior
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:07 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by jjmc85 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:33 pm

^they do replay the time from the penalty. They added about 90 seconds to the clock.
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!

Stnwaller
Sophomore
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: Middleboro

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by Stnwaller » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:44 pm

What pisses me off more than anything is the ref is standing 10 feet away staring at the hit and didn’t call it . Total bullshit !!!

LouMass
Junior
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:18 am
Location: My Old Kentucky Home

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by LouMass » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:57 pm

jjmc85 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:33 pm ^they do replay the time from the penalty. They added about 90 seconds to the clock.
Got it, thanks

LouMass
Junior
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:18 am
Location: My Old Kentucky Home

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by LouMass » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:57 pm

Musa goal toes it up in the 3rd!

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3160
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:25 am

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by TruBluMaroon » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:19 pm

Tied to OT

User avatar
LS71
Hall of Fame
Posts: 7970
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:55 pm
Location: Lost in Space

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by LS71 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:23 pm

LouMass wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:29 pm UMass went up 1-0 on a score by Ufco, but the UVM coach challenged a shot to the head 3 minutes earlier in the period. After review, the goal was disallowed and a 5 minute major assessed. I don’t understand how you can disallow a goal but not replay from the time of the penalty. Sometimes I just don’t get this game.
I don’t understand how a play can be challenged 3 minutes after it occurred.

If Ufko hadn’t scored would the call even have been challenged?
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3160
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:25 am

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by TruBluMaroon » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:33 pm

Not tied anymore…..Vermont goal…..

LouMass
Junior
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:18 am
Location: My Old Kentucky Home

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by LouMass » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:34 pm

OT Loss :(
Last edited by LouMass on Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jjmc85
Senior
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:07 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by jjmc85 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:15 pm

LS71 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:23 pm
LouMass wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:29 pm UMass went up 1-0 on a score by Ufco, but the UVM coach challenged a shot to the head 3 minutes earlier in the period. After review, the goal was disallowed and a 5 minute major assessed. I don’t understand how you can disallow a goal but not replay from the time of the penalty. Sometimes I just don’t get this game.
I don’t understand how a play can be challenged 3 minutes after it occurred.

If Ufko hadn’t scored would the call even have been challenged?
It was the first stoppage of play after the hit. I think that’s the way it is in every other sport as well isn’t it? You can’t challenge it while the play is still going on.
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!

User avatar
jjmc85
Senior
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:07 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by jjmc85 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:19 pm

Stnwaller wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:44 pm What pisses me off more than anything is the ref is standing 10 feet away staring at the hit and didn’t call it . Total bullshit !!!
Sort of tough luck for Morrow which is why he wasn’t tossed. He did make contact with the guys head but the guy was also sort of down low.

Ideally Morrow doesn’t make contact with the head. Ideally if he does make contact with the head the ref calls it. If Morrow makes contact with the head and the ref doesn’t call it then it’s up to the coach to challenge.

The UVM coach challenged it. That was the right call on his part. Just be thankful he wasn’t coaching Denver when Trivigno flying elbow smashed that dude in the Frozen Four.
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3160
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:25 am

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by TruBluMaroon » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:11 pm

Cameron is back in the lineup…..1-0 UM under 3 minutes in😁

LouMass
Junior
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:18 am
Location: My Old Kentucky Home

Re: 2023-24 Season

Post by LouMass » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:26 pm

Wow…Up 4-0 11 minutes in!!!!

Post Reply