ESPN Bottom 10

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
e_parade
Junior
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Boston

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by e_parade » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:53 pm

inthescoop wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:49 pm
e_parade wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:48 pm
inthescoop wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:42 pm

Any school from Ohio?

When was the last time a school from Ohio was #1 on that list? Just curious, since it happens so often, and folks here thought I was being sarcastic.
Middle of last season, Akron: https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... least-once
Thank you!
If not for the stranglehold we've held on the spot and FCS to FBS teams this year, there likely would have been more since then, but it's pretty typically to see at least one or two MAC teams each year head up the list at one point, with at least one of them being from Ohio.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame
Posts: 5543
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:34 pm
Location: Western MA

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by eldonabe » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:44 am

inthescoop wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:40 pm
eldonabe wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:32 am
inthescoop wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:02 am

First time looking at this list all season, and Kent State is #1? Wow that's shocking to say the least. I don't think I've ever seen Ohio football ever on the bottom of a football list.
I assume that is sarcasm....
Go on..


Ohio Schools practically invented the Bottom 10.

Akron
Kent
Miami

I think Bowling Green even spent some time on that list not long ago.

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 17490
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:04 am

Google remains our friend.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... least-once


Not suggesting this was the last time an Ohio school was #1, but it is certainly very recent.
Last edited by InnervisionsUMASS on Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

eldonabe
Hall of Fame
Posts: 5543
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:34 pm
Location: Western MA

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by eldonabe » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:05 am

^ BTW this above is partly why many here do not like the MAC, because they have so much representation on that Bottom 10 list.

User avatar
Uminuteman
Senior
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2003 9:45 am

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by Uminuteman » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:48 am

eldonabe wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:05 am ^ BTW this above is partly why many here do not like the MAC, because they have so much representation on that Bottom 10 list.
And the last time we beat any of them was...

User avatar
Steve81
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2329
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: North Quabbin Region

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by Steve81 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:03 pm

Uminuteman wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:48 am
eldonabe wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:05 am ^ BTW this above is partly why many here do not like the MAC, because they have so much representation on that Bottom 10 list.
And the last time we beat any of them was...
Only the middle and top MAC teams have schedule us. Been a long time for Akron and Kent St to be on the schedule.
The A10 lacks upward mobility, a G5 conference gives you possibilities for the future.

ZooMass84
Senior
Posts: 1279
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:30 pm

Steve81 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:03 pm
Uminuteman wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:48 am
eldonabe wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:05 am ^ BTW this above is partly why many here do not like the MAC, because they have so much representation on that Bottom 10 list.
And the last time we beat any of them was...
Only the middle and top MAC teams have schedule us. Been a long time for Akron and Kent St to be on the schedule.
Toledo and Ohio are year in year out pretty damn good teams. Next year we have EMU at home and then Wagner game #4, so maybe 2 wins. Thank God the Army and Liberty games will most likely be dropped. Would love to schedule ULM or an FCS in their places.

DougW
Freshman
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:36 pm

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by DougW » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:00 pm

ESPN's bottom 10 always seems a little silly, with 1 team always being a team with a winning record that just came off a bad game. I always pay more attention to the CBS Sports rankings.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame
Posts: 5543
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:34 pm
Location: Western MA

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by eldonabe » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:45 am

DougW wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:00 pm ESPN's bottom 10 always seems a little silly, with 1 team always being a team with a winning record that just came off a bad game. I always pay more attention to the CBS Sports rankings.
It is entertainment....

CBS has Umass at 127 - or 7th in the bottom 10.

User avatar
Quann
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2418
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: Hopkinton, MA

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by Quann » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:22 am

It’s satiric humor mixed with a little reality. Just laugh at it.

ZooMass84
Senior
Posts: 1279
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by ZooMass84 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:26 am

Quann wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:22 am It’s satiric humor mixed with a little reality. Just laugh at it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PreecherJenkins
Senior
Posts: 1632
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:41 am

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by PreecherJenkins » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:30 pm

DougW wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:00 pm ESPN's bottom 10 always seems a little silly, with 1 team always being a team with a winning record that just came off a bad game. I always pay more attention to the CBS Sports rankings.
It is click bait and a lot of hyperbole/exaggeration. It is solid writing.
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

JUST SAY NO TO THE MAC

Online
TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3161
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:25 am

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by TruBluMaroon » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:49 am

Managed to dodge for most of the season; but in solidly at #3 - where they will stay until 2024🙁

User avatar
LS71
Hall of Fame
Posts: 7985
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:55 pm
Location: Lost in Space

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by LS71 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:04 pm

Sucks…that a season that started with as much promise as this one winds up there…👎🏼 :oops:
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

User avatar
Steve81
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2329
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:53 pm
Location: North Quabbin Region

Re: ESPN Bottom 10

Post by Steve81 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:14 pm

LS71 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:04 pm Sucks…that a season that started with as much promise as this one winds up there…👎🏼 :oops:
Ya, lets play 3 SEC games next year, does wonders for the season.
The A10 lacks upward mobility, a G5 conference gives you possibilities for the future.

Post Reply