2022 Recruiting

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
UMassfan_19
Senior

Re: 2022 Recruiting

Post by UMassfan_19 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:39 am

TheOFFSeason wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:36 am
DoctorJ wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:33 pm
TheInsider wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:23 pm ^^^ great rationale. Kid is a legit talent and coach has been around enough and knows enough people to do his due diligence. He has red flags but if FM wants him then im good with that. I dont see him taking a guy just to take a guy.. he has to know he fits.
I think it is a rare opportunity that benefits both parties and gives the kid the upside he wants and an chance to redeem himself against the stigma of having jumped schools so much. He would have gone back to his former starters from Woodstock in a high mid-major conference. Yes, it might be to become a focal piece at an upper-D1 school, but it is his home state with his homies. It basically offsetts going to Brewster.

If he came here, he would offset negatives from the beginning. He would be showing a sense of loyalty. Look at his twitter, he loves the Celtics. That offsets red flags, imho. He should look at our lineup and tell himself that he is the missing piece. Boom, back to top-5 A 10 team when the ink dries. Then it is up to him. Three strikes and you are out. He needs to nail it somewhere and he can start here!
I think TJ and Preston are the only 2 that he played with at Woodstock…Noah and Dibaji were there before him and Cairo and Dyondre the year after him.
I don’t think Preston or Cairo will be back in the fall either.
Noah was there with him. It was Noah TJ Preston tre all on that team. Dibaji was the year prior

DanaDingle3
Junior

Post by DanaDingle3 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:32 am

Can't bring in any guys with red flags. They'll walk all over Frank and ruin the culture.

Both MA guys. If Frank wants them, I hope we get both. Lotta potential, and in Cross's case, immediate impact

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:32 am

mlaconte459 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:29 pm
InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:11 pm I'd certainly welcome him and give him a chance, but I'd prefer we stay away from Cross. I feel there's too many red flags there.
Why because he and Miami weren’t a good fit and didn’t work out? My understanding there was no major issues or infractions

Apparently he hasn't been a fit anywhere. Again, I'd welcome him with open arms and I think he has talent (I too would take him over Gianni if it was simply between those two), but I just have a suspicion that he won't work out here like he hasn't worked out elsewhere.

If FM believes he is the one that can get the best out of Cross, and Cross believes he can succeed here, then welcome to UMass!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

GOODY
Junior

Post by GOODY » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:50 am

I’m no expert but I’ve been reading every article I can find a about Cross. Seems to be a good addition if he does come . Can play inside or out ! Shoots well. Rebounds. Lol. Solid so it appears

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:28 am

I've decided to give my brain a rest and stop speculating (although I do enjoy it). I'm confident for the first time in a long time that we have a coach who knows what he's doing and how to build a roster. So I'll be fine with whomever he brings in and I'm more excited about this upcoming season than I have been in many years.

I do agree with The Off Season that a couple more will leave and I'm OK with that. Gives us a chance to upgrade the talent.

tdmass
Senior

Post by tdmass » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:57 am

^ Agree!

Uminuteman
Senior

Post by Uminuteman » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:11 am

69MG wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:28 am I've decided to give my brain a rest and stop speculating (although I do enjoy it). I'm confident for the first time in a long time that we have a coach who knows what he's doing and how to build a roster. So I'll be fine with whomever he brings in and I'm more excited about this upcoming season than I have been in many years.

I do agree with The Off Season that a couple more will leave and I'm OK with that. Gives us a chance to upgrade the talent.
Yup. The twins are in to visit this weekend and I think the final pieces will fall into place next week.

bobolink
Senior

Post by bobolink » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:02 am

Uminuteman wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:11 am
69MG wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:28 am I've decided to give my brain a rest and stop speculating (although I do enjoy it). I'm confident for the first time in a long time that we have a coach who knows what he's doing and how to build a roster. So I'll be fine with whomever he brings in and I'm more excited about this upcoming season than I have been in many years.

Yup. The twins are in to visit this weekend and I think the final pieces will fall into place next week.
To be fair (or nice or a guy like Coach Martin) to players who might be considering leaving, next week would be the best time to get on with who else is coming. Because to be eligible next year without a waiver, a player must notify their current school that they are entering the portal by May 1.
Last edited by bobolink on Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

tdmass
Senior

Post by tdmass » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:07 am

Don't think UMass will object to giving any of them a waiver!

Cahoonaville
Senior

Post by Cahoonaville » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:23 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:32 am
InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:11 pm I'd certainly welcome him and give him a chance, but I'd prefer we stay away from Cross. I feel there's too many red flags there.
Why because he and Miami weren’t a good fit and didn’t work out? My understanding there was no major issues or infractions

Apparently he hasn't been a fit anywhere. Again, I'd welcome him with open arms and I think he has talent (I too would take him over Gianni if it was simply between those two), but I just have a suspicion that he won't work out here like he hasn't worked out elsewhere.

If FM believes he is the one that can get the best out of Cross, and Cross believes he can succeed here, then welcome to UMass!
Frank Martin would destroy you in a pick up game of 1 on 1.
Alex Guerrero, my HERO!!!!

HerndonHops
Sophomore

Post by HerndonHops » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:22 pm

Cahoonaville wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:23 am

Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:05 pm

HerndonHops wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:22 pm
Cahoonaville wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:23 am

Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing.
+2

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:25 pm

eldonabe wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:05 pm

+2

Look at you making friends not via PM!!! So cute!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:44 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:25 pm
eldonabe wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:05 pm

+2

Look at you making friends not via PM!!! So cute!
You just keep being you Mr. Wonderful......

Don't you have to go wash Tony's balls for him or something? Don't forget the mouthwash sport....

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:59 pm

eldonabe wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:44 pm

You just keep being you Mr. Wonderful......

Don't you have to go wash Tony's balls for him or something? Don't forget the mouthwash sport....

Speaking of Mr. Wonderful, you keep on doing you there... between your hatred for DK and your sexual fetishes, you've got some very weird obsessions.

TB is a scumbag. He was before UMass, he was during his time here, and remains so. I'm not at all sure why you think I am a fan of his, but we know you like making shit up so it's par for the course I guess.