STUDENTS KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
Quann
Hall of Fame

Re: STUDENTS KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL

Post by Quann » Wed May 12, 2021 6:07 am

^^^
I don’t think we’ve ever squabbled eldonabe, we both seem to like common sense 😛. Let’s hope for once it prevails with the UMass administration. This has been pretty embarrassing for the brand of the school.

KahunaK
Senior

Post by KahunaK » Fri May 14, 2021 2:54 pm

So now 7 players on the Women's Lacrosse team will not be playing in the NCAA tournament due to coronavirus testing. This was a big deal for them-wonder what happened. Depending upon who these players are there might be little hope for a win today. Actions have consequences.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Sat May 15, 2021 1:10 pm

^^^
Probably all of them are asymptomatic. Time to end this madness. It’s hardly any threat to kids this age, especially athletes.

econalum
Hall of Fame

Post by econalum » Sat May 15, 2021 8:55 pm

KahunaK wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:54 pm So now 7 players on the Women's Lacrosse team will not be playing in the NCAA tournament due to coronavirus testing. This was a big deal for them-wonder what happened. Depending upon who these players are there might be little hope for a win today. Actions have consequences.
Breathing is an action - and that is all it takes. We have no idea how this happened. I feel sorry for the athletes involved.
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

Cahoonaville
Senior

Post by Cahoonaville » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:40 am

Here's a true story. Again, about a unknown creature I've seen.

Ok, so this story makes me feel sick when I talk about it but I'm gonna anyway. At the time I was 10 years old and lived on the corner of the block. But across the street was a huge field. No one owned it, and the only reason I know this is because its had a sign that said "Land available" or something like that. Anyways the field was pretty big, like if I could fit several of my houses in there I would say 84 houses. So my older Brother is into creepy stuff and he has many stories of his own. But One night my brother told me to come outside and hang out with him. He said he's been seeing things in the field. I personally didn't believe him, but for some reason I wanted to pretend to see something. So I started looking through the field across the street and as I was about to say something about "seeing" Something. I saw something that makes my bones chill to this day. Far back in the field I saw what seemed like a small head moving. The only reason I could see it was because behind the field there was a streetlight so I could see a small head moving in a way that made it move in a shape like the infinity sign. You know the sideways 8. I saw it and I didn't know how to react. I just stood there, watching it. I felt tears starting to stream down my face out of fear. All the dumb stories My brother told me about some creatures living in the field were true. My brother asked me what's wrong and I just pointed to where it was and he looked at it and mumbled "Holy shit" He was more fascinated at the sight but I was fucking traumatized. I went inside and didn't tell anyone. especially my parents because they think that stuff is bullshit. I personally believe that what I saw was a Wendigo. That so far, has been the scariest experience I've ever had in my life.
Alex Guerrero, my HERO!!!!

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:55 pm

^^^^
How much psylosybin did you sprinkle on your Cheerios this morning?

harbo
Hall of Fame

Post by harbo » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:54 pm

^^ Cool story C'ville.

I had never heard of a Wendigo, so I had to google it. Ugly suckers (unless you are also a Wendigo). They do appear to have long arms, which can be a good thing, right?

The only scary story I can come up with was the kid across the street pulling out a handwritten note from a meter cap in his front yard and reading us the "letter from the Devil". The sad part to this tale was him accidentally killing himself playing with his grandfather's gun not too many days after the letter appeared. I remember (I was eight years old) wondering about the letter.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:58 pm

^^^^
I'm all for wacky childhood stories but how does it pertain to this thread?

Cahoonaville
Senior

Post by Cahoonaville » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:21 am

Quann wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:58 pm ^^^^
I'm all for wacky childhood stories but how does it pertain to this thread?
Your home alone and you sneeze. You get a phone call from a unknown number, when you pick up the person on the other end says "Bless you".
What would you do????
Alex Guerrero, my HERO!!!!

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:10 am

We have caller ID and screen our calls and don't answer any unidentified callers.