KAEO: Tre Mitchell

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Jackson96
Hall of Fame

Re: KAEO: Tre Mitchell

Post by Jackson96 » Tue May 11, 2021 8:01 pm

We have guys that can score. I think that’s different than having someone who can get good shots against good halfcourt defense. It might not be an everyday problem but there will be games where we need that and I’m not sure where it’s coming from.

I think Noah is pretty good in the halfcourt but he’s fairly limited size-wise. Maybe JG? He’s definitely better in the open court but he’s talented. I think Preston, TJ, and Cairo have all shown flashes but are more complimentary players offensively.

Maybe the new dudes can help out a bit. Maybe they have more shooting in the floor with the Kelly brothers and that allows them to spread things a bit and open up some spacing.

I just don’t know who is going to get us a basket when we really need a basket. And maybe that’s okay. Maybe the sum of their parts or whatever that expression is.

It’s May 11th. Of course there are going to be questions on both offense and defense.

Edit: sorry this is a Tre Mitchell thread. Didn’t mean to hijack it.

Personally I think Mitchell should announce his next school by sending a carrier pigeon to his next coaches home. That would be very understated and subtle.
"I wrote a column and it went national"

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Wed May 12, 2021 6:43 am

TheInsider wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:24 pm I think Noah, JG, Preston, and TJ have all proved they can score in the A10. McCrory has also had games this year in a small sample where he can be a problem for other teams. I think beyond that we brought in guys that have scored at a constant level. The bigs aren't Tre by any means but they can score a bit and can maybe make up some on the defensive end. As a whole we may have lost a bit of size but its the A10 and not the Big10. We need to rebound and defend as a team. I think we have plenty of guys that can score.
While that may be true, they are terribly inconsistent. This is the kind of group that will go out and beat VCU or Davidson one day, then lose to Fordham the next.

TJ could be the biggest benefactor from all of this. If he can solidify his game - he may be your scoring lynchpin. Right now; however, he is as streaky as my underwear after a session at Bueno Y Sano....

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Wed May 12, 2021 3:38 pm

So if you were holding on to tiny shreds of hope that Tre might change his mind and come back, there's one less shred.

Tre's mom on Twitter:
We have ALOT of UMASS GEAR for sale - inbox me if interested ! Med, large and some extra large ...
https://twitter.com/TortoriceErin/statu ... 7482961923

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Wed May 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Wow, I'd imagine all that stuff was free. Why not donate it?
Time to Win

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed May 12, 2021 3:47 pm

Probably more related to Tony's stuff than Tre's. But once he said he was going to put his list out I knew he had decided coming back was formally off the table.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Wed May 12, 2021 4:37 pm

MikeUMA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:38 pm So if you were holding on to tiny shreds of hope that Tre might change his mind and come back, there's one less shred.

Tre's mom on Twitter:
We have ALOT of UMASS GEAR for sale - inbox me if interested ! Med, large and some extra large ...
I've kept quiet, but this is just straight up passive aggressive and trashy to a new level. :lol:

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Wed May 12, 2021 4:42 pm

I agree.. tells you all you need to know about them.. almost as trashy as setting up a gofundme to replace some items after a fire.. I mean only if they made like 400k over the last few years :roll:

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Wed May 12, 2021 4:45 pm

TheInsider wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:42 pm I agree.. tells you all you need to know about them.. almost as trashy as setting up a gofundme to replace some items after a fire.. I mean only if they made like 400k over the last few years :roll:
You would think they needed some clothes after losing so much in a fire too, no?

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Wed May 12, 2021 5:02 pm

^ You would think that there would be some B.B. players who had siblings that could use the stuff.....

Upstate10
Senior

Post by Upstate10 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:56 pm

That’s hilarious

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Wed May 12, 2021 6:28 pm

inthescoop wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:37 pm
MikeUMA wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:38 pm So if you were holding on to tiny shreds of hope that Tre might change his mind and come back, there's one less shred.

Tre's mom on Twitter:
I've kept quiet, but this is just straight up passive aggressive and trashy to a new level. :lol:
Not even remotely surprised. This has long been my feeling and I’ve stated as much. I’m sure she’s a great mother, but never been a good presence for the program. Never. Bye.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Wed May 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Jackson96 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:15 pm I don’t know who gets us shots in the halfcourt against a good defense. That’s my concern on offense.
We should be able to play a team offense. ball movement should work. none of this crappy 10 seconds of a weave hand off at the top of the key though.

UMassfan_19
Senior

Post by UMassfan_19 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:16 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:47 pm Probably more related to Tony's stuff than Tre's. But once he said he was going to put his list out I knew he had decided coming back was formally off the table.
He wasn’t coming back the second he said he was transfering any hope was wishful thinking

UMassfan_19
Senior

Post by UMassfan_19 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:17 pm

JoleonLescottsHair wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:28 pm
inthescoop wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Tre's mom on Twitter:
Not even remotely surprised. This has long been my feeling and I’ve stated as much. I’m sure she’s a great mother, but never been a good presence for the program. Never. Bye.
She fell for a guy who wears true religion in the year 2020 tells the whole story imo

UMassHoops
Senior

Post by UMassHoops » Wed May 12, 2021 9:39 pm

Tre's mom on Twitter:
I don’t blame them for getting as much as they can. Tre won’t make it in the pros so this is their best shot at a payday.