COVID- 19 VACCINE SHOT

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
Berkman
Hall of Fame

Re: COVID- 19 VACCINE SHOT

Post by Berkman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:52 pm

My wife and my son who lives in Vegas both got their 2nd shot on Wed and had some problems. My son had to take time off from work. My wife is still tired and can't lift her arm very high and it is sensitive. It will go away eventually.

Sheck
Hall of Fame

Post by Sheck » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:15 pm

^
My mother had similar issues after getting the 2nd shot last week but feels better now.

I got the Johnson & Johnson today myself. I know there were some issues reported with it but I feel fine so far. Glad I was able to get the one and done option, will gladly accept the lower efficacy as a tradeoff. Impressed with how seamless the process was up here. Got in the building and within 5 minutes had the shot in my arm. Wish the RMV could be run as efficiently.
#maction 🚩#flagship

mdogt12
Hall of Fame

Post by mdogt12 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:36 pm

Getting J&J next week.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:43 am

mdogt12 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:36 pm Getting J&J next week.

Maybe not...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/health/j ... index.html
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

mdogt12
Hall of Fame

Post by mdogt12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:55 pm

^ Yeah Maine pausing J&J right now so will see.

bdance
Junior

Post by bdance » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:43 pm

Second shot in the books. No line at all today, quite different from 3 weeks ago when it snaked upstairs halfway to the Student Union.

The store had lots of hockey NC and FF apparel. I mention that because I saw someone in the hockey forum complaining about that. Nothing I liked in my size though , so that was a bust.

And then there was my first ever visit to Antonio’s. I waited too long and heard too much hype for too long I guess. It was good, I’d eat it again. But it wasn’t anything special. I’ve been to NYC, New Haven, Philly (yes Philly, huge Italian population there in my youth), Roma, Sicily. So Antonio’s never had a chance to crack my top 10. We bike the rail trail several times a year and the 63 Bistro a couple of doors down remains our post ride go-to. Possibly their beer list is a factor in this call.

My wife also had a bad reaction to her second shingles shot. But I’ll be getting those soon.

Always good to visit the campus though. I walked around a bit before going into the CC. The Fine Arts Center needs a power wash. Or better yet, a refinish. I just noticed the GRC had a facelift, very nice. Boggles the mind how quickly one goes from undergrad to qtip alumnus.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:11 pm

^^^^
First time to Antonio’s! It’s all the toppings that make it a good place, the pizza isn’t anything special. For actual pizza, I say the new haven area is the best I’ve ever had. Sally’s, Pepe’s and any of those type of places are amazing.

Got my first Pfizer shot this week, in and out in less than a half hour.

Cahoonaville
Senior

Post by Cahoonaville » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:53 am

Quann wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:11 pm ^^^^
First time to Antonio’s! It’s all the toppings that make it a good place, the pizza isn’t anything special. For actual pizza, I say the new haven area is the best I’ve ever had. Sally’s, Pepe’s and any of those type of places are amazing.

In Pfizer's trials, those aged 18 to 55 reported experiencing side effects such as fever, fatigue, headaches and pain at the injection site more frequently than those aged 56 and above.
Alex Guerrero, my HERO!!!!

bdance
Junior

Post by bdance » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:15 am

Yes Quann, some of the toppings looked interesting. There was one lonely slice of artichoke that I almost went with, but it looked like it had been sitting too long. The tortellini was good, the Sicilian I would pass on in the future. Hints of Friday Elementary School pizza in the sauce was a turn off.

My arm is very sore but otherwise I feel fine. I’m 61 so I guess there are some benefits to getting old.

They were pushing reporting results to the CDC during my first visit, which I have faithfully been doing with v-safe. But not a peep yesterday. Maybe they have enough feedback by now.
Last edited by bdance on Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:18 am

Yeah, never go with the Sicilian slice at Antonio's. It doesn't fit their style and I never understood why they did it.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:10 am

I had no side effects with the first shot, we’ll see how the next one is in May. Arm hurt more from the regular flu shot compared to this.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:05 am

My wife and I (both way over 55) have now had both Pfizer shots. We both had minor arm soreness for a day or so after the first shot but nothing after the second shot. We feel very fortunate. I'm supposed to get the 2 shingles shots in a few months and I'm hearing about much worse reactions from those.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:53 pm

Getting pfizer shot tommorrow. Others have said no effects so not really worried about it

69, I've had the shingles shots. No issues at all. I bet you won't even notice
Time to Win

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:31 pm

Quann wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:11 pm ^^^^

Ah...the Covid 19 pizza thread...
By now, most of you know that SM loves his pizza; Mrs. SM, as well...

When we got our shots, on two separate consecutive days for #1 then #2, in Eastie, we did our take-out each of these 4 days from fave places near enough to the Eastie CVS thrice and once on the way home.

Worked out well because our kitchen was gutted for the redo and we probably have another 3+ weeks of work on it.

Covid Pizza take-home pizza day was from Regina's...yes, the original N. End location on Thatcher Street...superb, with every slice a meal itself...went with chicken and roasted red peppers...

Yes, we have done those New Haven heavens for pizza, too.

Locally, we sometimes get it @ the Bull Run, but have settled in mostly with the Filho's Great Road location in Acton...excellent there.
Occasionally, we get it at the Sweet Tomatoes in Acton, on 62 near Maynard, and Rail Trail Flatbread in Hudson...

Antonio's has been mostly before hoops games often on cold nites...generally reheated slices, so it's good, but...you know the rest of this brief story.

We also have had the same pizzas at Ian's, Antonio's cousin's place(s) in Madison WI.

With the weather iffy for cooking on the Weber kettle tonight, looking more like Filho's Great Road pizza later...

At least we can do the salad here...the old fridge is plugged in...in the garage during construction...

For Revere Beach historical pizza lovers of Anna's, Bill Ash, and Bianchi's...only Bianchi's had remained open until 2018, when Renzo's nearby started serving what they presented as Bianchi's pizza...we tried it twice but it did not meet the Mr. & Mrs. SM Bianchi's original taste test. Renzo's closed, I guess Covid related, but Bianchi's is reopening with the original family and what must be the original great pizza...
https://boston.eater.com/2021/1/25/2224 ... pring-2021

They say they are finishing up the rebuild and should be open within a few weeks...

Go UMass
Go Pizza
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:34 pm

I love Pizzaria Regina. I'm not super fussy, but I'd eat that anytime

I actually like Primo's Pizza after games at UMass.
Time to Win