Game 5 (2016): Tulane

Get ready for some MACtion
utterlyoptimistic
Junior

Game 5 (2016): Tulane

Post by utterlyoptimistic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:24 am

Have a group of 15 going to this game, and it will be the first time tailgating in Amherst. Is there a particular lot that is more conducive for tailgating? Also, how strictly is the "Drinking games (including the simulation of drinking games) are not allowed." rule enforced? I don't think this will have an impact on our tailgate anyway, but I'm trying to get a sense as to how big brotherish the tailgating environment is on campus.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Re: Game 5: Tulane

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:44 am

^

The Purple Lot in Southwest is the best spot to set up, or on the otherside of the stadium where I think they still allow some grass parking.

As far as drinking games, I think they frown upon setting up a beer pong table. But if you're playing polish horseshoes or cornhole with a beer in your hand, you'll be fine.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:51 am

IV is right.. You definitely won't be able to set up a table for any type of obvious drinking game. Lawn games that you want to drink and play are fine. I'm also sure if you wanted to sneak a game of flip cup or something quick in you'd be fine. I think shooting the ping pong balls is what gets you noticed.

UMass'96
Senior
Location: Back in the good 'ole US of A not some 3rd world shithole

Post by UMass'96 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:44 pm

How about two chicks one cup? Do they still play that?

What hoops game was it that a fan held up a sign when someone was shooting free throws that said, "so and so, is worse than two chicks, one cup." and the TV / radio announcer wondered aloud what that meant... Bahahahahaha
Save your breath... you'll need it to blow up your date

mdogt12
Hall of Fame

Post by mdogt12 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:55 am

Matt Vautour ‏@MattVautourDHG 4h4 hours ago Westfield, MA
Prediction from New Orleans paper on UMass-Tulane http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... for_1.html
Games in Amherst not Gillette.

cam9219
Senior

Post by cam9219 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Me + at least 8 for it. First time back on campus since graduation in May '14 and staying at the University Lodge. Looking forward to seeing the Champions Center.

Most excited for: Antonio's, Stackers, and a great tailgate followed by a UMass victory.
Mullins Militia President (2011-2014)

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:13 pm

ULodge! Wahoo!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

cam9219
Senior

Post by cam9219 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:27 pm

Just curious with the new parking deal going on should I be requesting Lot 22 for free or pay for Lot 11 to be in the heart of the tailgating action for Homecoming vs Tulane?
Mullins Militia President (2011-2014)

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Lot 11 is the answer IF:

1. You are landing a chopper, or,
2. You plan to arrive very early.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:04 pm

cam9219 wrote:Just curious with the new parking deal going on should I be requesting Lot 22 for free or pay for Lot 11 to be in the heart of the tailgating action for Homecoming vs Tulane?
I think that it would be worth to pay to get into lot 11. Quite a few posters are in that lot having their tailgates there such as IV, Rocks and Old cage to name a few. The band comes through and stops at several of the tailgates and gives a mini concert. I think that the gridiron club still has a tent there and several FB alums are in the area. Great bunch of guys if you want to talk about old times. It really is not that hard to get into the lot depending on which direction you come in. I would come down RT 116 heading south and get off at the UMass exit, turn left and drive to the second right, MA Ave if I can remember correctly and turn right. There will be officers directing traffic and send you to the yellow parking lot.If you come up from RT 9 there will be officers to direct you to the lot. I am sure that you will not regret the cost of getting into the yellow lot once you have been there. A lot of the regular tailgaters get there when the lots are open, four hours before gametime.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Berkman wrote:
cam9219 wrote:Just curious with the new parking deal going on should I be requesting Lot 22 for free or pay for Lot 11 to be in the heart of the tailgating action for Homecoming vs Tulane?
I think that it would be worth to pay to get into lot 11. Quite a few posters are in that lot having their tailgates there such as IV, Rocks and Old cage to name a few. The band comes through and stops at several of the tailgates and gives a mini concert. I think that the gridiron club still has a tent there and several FB alums are in the area. Great bunch of guys if you want to talk about old times. It really is not that hard to get into the lot depending on which direction you come in. I would come down RT 116 heading south and get off at the UMass exit, turn left and drive to the second right, MA Ave if I can remember correctly and turn right. There will be officers directing traffic and send you to the yellow parking lot.If you come up from RT 9 there will be officers to direct you to the lot. I am sure that you will not regret the cost of getting into the yellow lot once you have been there. A lot of the regular tailgaters get there when the lots are open, four hours before gametime.

Completely agree. I've been tailgating I that lot since 1999. (They let STH tailgate when students couldn't). There are enough grassy dividers and lawns all around to spread out, too. We get there a little before the four hour limit starts and no one has ever turned us away. My guess is early arrivals would be likely to get grief in other lots.

Marshmont_63
Senior

Re: Game 5 (2016): Tulane

Post by Marshmont_63 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:28 am

I really hope this isn't a letdown game for us. After coming off of a very good performance against an SEC west team, we could very well fall flat on our face. I hope Whipple has the guys ready to go. If we bring our A-game, we should be able to win this game. Spread has moved from -4 (opening) to -2 (current).
“When people come to our building we want them to feel the house of P.A.I.N.” -- Chaz Williams

njumass08
Hall of Fame

Post by njumass08 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:35 am

They are going to have to get guys healthy during the week. Lots of banged up guys on our team. Wouldn't be surprised if the coaches went no contact in practice this week.
Looking forward to the 2022 UMass Football Season (Oh boy, just jinxed that one)

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:37 am

Marshmont_63 wrote:I really hope this isn't a letdown game for us. After coming off of a very good performance against an SEC west team, we could very well fall flat on our face. I hope Whipple has the guys ready to go. If we bring our A-game, we should be able to win this game. Spread has moved from -4 (opening) to -2 (current).
Just adding that it is Tulane -2... I had to go check because I thought by your post UMass was favored.

Marty Peretz
Hall of Fame

Post by Marty Peretz » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:24 am

Planning on heading up to McGuirk for the first time in the FBS era (have been to Gillette and went to UConn opener in 2012). Things have changed in my life as I have a 4 month old, so I'm wondering: if I throw the kid in a carrier and want to just float the premises stopping at several different tailgates, is anyone going to give me shit if I'm walking with a beer in hand or in solo cup? Obviously not going to be drinking heavily, but just wondering what the rules are re: walking around outside of you immediate spot with a beer in hand? And yes, if I bring the kid, he will indeed be in the sweet UMass onesie (which actually says MASSACHUSETTS--colleague got it online not through the U store) that was purchased for him prior to birth. Poor kid. A lifetime of agonizing memories could officially begin Saturday.