"Just Like Practice" - The Official Boston College

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
Used to be VOR
Hall of Fame

Post by Used to be VOR » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:57 am

In case anyone is unhappy here, it is easy to start your own website. Just takes time, attention, and money.

Here is a link for all those disgruntled souls....

http://www.message-boards.net/

For everyone else, I think we all know and appreciate the time, effort, and money it takes for Mike to keep this site up and running and we appreciate the efforts.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:05 am

Kosty wrote:Yeah Mike.....and VoxCox is doing a ton of good. He and TonyNotAFan are contributing SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to the discussions. :roll: :roll:
Do you guys NOT jump all over them when they post something dumb?

PintOGuinness
Junior

Post by PintOGuinness » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:05 am

Kosty wrote:Yeah Mike.....and VoxCox is doing a ton of good. He and TonyNotAFan are contributing SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to the discussions. :roll: :roll:
As much as I disagree with VoxPop and tonymontana, I don't think there is a post from either of them which profanely disparages other board members, such as ones written by a few here.

It's one thing to disagree with someone else's point of view, it's another to use hatespeech and vitriol to demean that person.

It's amazing how the level of coarseness on this board deteriorates, especially when we lose.
Word to your motha!

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:09 am

Score one for PintOGuinness

Used to be VOR
Hall of Fame

Post by Used to be VOR » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:21 am

If everyone agreed this would be a boring place.

I will use an example of myself and DS. There was a time last year where I was so frustrated with his posts (and I am sure vice versa) where things often got heated, personal, and ridiculous. My posts when that happened did very little to add to any discussion.

One day I sat back as I was prepared to post a particularly harsh response, and I stopped and realized that it was just stupid. Since that time I still disagree with DSR, but I have tried to keep my responses about basketball. I still have my moments, but overall my enjoyment of the posting experience has increased.

I think we can disagree and still kepp it civil 98% of the time.

Just my thoughts...