VoxPop = Papillion

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

VoxPop = Papillion

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:26 am

Just remember when you're reading this bullshit artist's keystroke diarrhea that he was the person on this board most voracious in his criticism of Bruiser and was the Anti-Flint ringleader at MassLive.

Just in case that indisputable fact escaped anyone's attention while he's pulling this "rah-rah, my team right or wrong crap." I know most people who have been posting here for more than three years already know this, but a lot of you are new and might not realize that there has never been a bigger hypocrite in the history of this forum.

Oh, and he got kicked of Mike's board twice for making racist comments. Kind of explains the "Lappas is great, Bruiser sucked" theme of so many of his posts.

Carry on.
You know, say what you will about America, 13 bucks still gets you a hell of a lot of mice.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:48 am

just like you feel about most of my posts (probably including this one) but reading that was a complete and utter waste of my time

thank you
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Scott O
Senior

Post by Scott O » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:02 am

Isn't "Ds Bruce" one of multiple alias for a guy who quits the board for a little while every time the concensus is against his closed minded, I mean, open minded opinions? Hmm?
Retarded artistically. Idiotic in other respects.

UMassHoops
Senior

Move on...

Post by UMassHoops » Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:12 am

Geez, what a waste of my last 5 minutes courtesy of Bruce.

VoxPop
Senior

Post by VoxPop » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:29 am

Bruce:

Your silly accusations are erroneous and stupid. If you have a problem with me I suggest that you use the message feature and refrain from posting such twaddle in the future.

Asalmu Alaikum,

VP

Mike: I'd suggest you relegate this type of stuff to the dust bin where it belongs.
Insert cornball rah rah slogan rhyming w/"Ford" here.

Sir Seretse Khama
Sophomore

Post by Sir Seretse Khama » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:09 pm

VoxPop wrote:Bruce:

Your silly accusations are erroneous and stupid. If you have a problem with me I suggest that you use the message feature and refrain from posting such twaddle in the future.

Asalmu Alaikum,

VP

Mike: I'd suggest you relegate this type of stuff to the dust bin where it belongs.
And I'd suggest you let Mike decide what's worthy of the trash container. Knowing Mike as I do he'll make the appropriate decision, Pappy.

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:29 pm

Asalmu Alaikum,

VP

No. I'm calling you out in public and reminding everyone (or informing those who are too new to be aware) that you once referred to Bruiser as a "grinning chimp" and were constantly attacking the coaches and players both here and at MassLive. I don't really have a problem with you. You're welcome to be as hypocritical as you want. I just decided to say what virtually everyone who has been observing this forum for any length of time is sure of. Just in case you didn't realize that this "I support the program no matter what" act was being met with incredulity.
You know, say what you will about America, 13 bucks still gets you a hell of a lot of mice.

VoxPop
Senior

Post by VoxPop » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:05 pm

DS Bruce Robertson wrote:

Asalmu Alaikum,

VP

No. I'm calling you out in public and reminding everyone (or informing those who are too new to be aware) that you once referred to Bruiser as a "grinning chimp" and were constantly attacking the coaches and players both here and at MassLive. I don't really have a problem with you. You're welcome to be as hypocritical as you want. I just decided to say what virtually everyone who has been observing this forum for any length of time is sure of. Just in case you didn't realize that this "I support the program no matter what" act was being met with incredulity.
Bruce you are not calling anybody out in public, you are simply being an idiot..... The fact that I support the coach (as I did Bruiser and Calipari before him) the program, the players, the AD and the decision to restructure Lappas' deal just pisses you off because you hate the coach. I support McCutcheon's decision 100% and I am looking forward to UMass kicking ass this season and if that bothers you - TFB.

As for the supposed quotes and other crap allegations that you wish to attribute to me without a shred of authentication - The one thing that you & I have in common is that I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about and neither do you.
Last edited by VoxPop on Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insert cornball rah rah slogan rhyming w/"Ford" here.

Used to be VOR
Hall of Fame

Post by Used to be VOR » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:25 am

This really is private message stuff...

fbiman
Sophomore

Re: VoxPop = Papillion

Post by fbiman » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:23 pm

DS Bruce Robertson wrote:Just remember when you're reading this bullshit artist's keystroke diarrhea that he was the person on this board most voracious in his criticism of Bruiser and was the Anti-Flint ringleader at MassLive.

Just in case that indisputable fact escaped anyone's attention while he's pulling this "rah-rah, my team right or wrong crap." I know most people who have been posting here for more than three years already know this, but a lot of you are new and might not realize that there has never been a bigger hypocrite in the history of this forum.

Oh, and he got kicked of Mike's board twice for making racist comments. Kind of explains the "Lappas is great, Bruiser sucked" theme of so many of his posts.

Carry on.
Do you have proof?
That's not an MP, that's a YP. Not My Problem, Your Problem.

Used to be VOR
Hall of Fame

Post by Used to be VOR » Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:03 pm

fbiman wrote:Do you have proof?
Ha Ha.....In the past I have been accused (by DS, UMass87, and others) of being Vox even though I have said MANY times that I would have fired Lappas after last season and the fact that my time on this board dates all the way back to the AOL days.

Many people on this board don't let meaningless little things like fact or proof get in their way. You must have this confused with some other board...lol.

But it was a cute question!

nale
Hall of Fame

Post by nale » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:39 am

DS Bruce Robertson wrote:Just remember when you're reading this bullshit artist's keystroke diarrhea that he was the person on this board most voracious in his criticism of Bruiser and was the Anti-Flint ringleader at MassLive.

Just in case that indisputable fact escaped anyone's attention while he's pulling this "." I know most people who have been posting here for more than three years already know this, but a lot of you are new and might not realize that there has never been a bigger hypocrite in the history of this forum.
I am NOT going to get into the does VP = Papillion thing. And I know Papillion was a voracious possibly racist anti-bru guy so I won't go there.

But Bruce are you saying that because a person used to post vicious anti-coach messages and now posts 'rah-rah, my team right or wrong' stuff that makes him the biggest hyocrite in the history of the forum?
During Bru tenure didn't you post 'rah-rah, my team right or wrong' stuff?
And don't you now post vicious anti-coach messages?

Are we talking about two big hypocrites here? Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black?
Maybe its just a case of people changing there minds as a situation changes. Just because a person changes their opinion does make them a hypocritc.

If VP is Papillion (and I have no proof or opinion on this one way or another) then it would appear you two have just traded positions. He is now the defender of the program and you are the attacker. When either of you think the coach is bad for the program you have relentlessly attacked the UMASS coach. When either of you like the coach you totally support the program and rant against any attack on coach as bad for the program.
One difference, and this is not a minor point, your posts Bruce to your credit although harsh at times never have a rasict element.
GO UMASS !
"This is my dream job''

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:54 am

I've never denied that the pitiful performance of Lappas has caused me to alter my view of what I as a UMass fan should do that would most benefit the program and that I could no longer support a total failure simply because his paychecks have "University of Massachusetts" on them. After losing to Fordham his 2nd season, I left the board rather than post critically about how badly he had performed because I didn't want to be labeled a "hypocrite". After losing to Hartford his 3rd season, it was obvious that biting my lip simply because I wanted my messageboard screen name to remain consistent was not what I felt would be my best contribution to the well being of the program. I would say that the major difference is that Bruiser Flint was part of the UMass family and that his job performance absolutely didn't warrant the torrent of criticism nor the lack of support from the real culprit, Bob Marcum. Had Flint put together three losing season, each worse than the lase, my views might have been different. Bruiser didn't deserve to be villified and Lappas absolutely does.

VOR, I've never thought you were Papillon, mostly because I recognized that it was VoxPop long ago. I suspect you're some other anti-Flint poster who refuses to admit to what his former screen name is, but I don't particularly care because you aren't actively advocating what is bad for the program now. You're not the all-encompassing contrarian that VoxPop/Papillon is.

Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf
Sophomore
Location: I am at the side of almighty leader Steve Lappas. Where else would I be?

Post by Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:04 am

I cannot speak to your internal warfare, but is it not possible for someone who hosts this website to view the internet protocol addresses of the people who post here?
Steve Lappas is the mightiest coach of all time!!! Death to all Anti-Lappas Spin Merchants who cannot see his greatness!!!!!!

Used to be VOR
Hall of Fame

Post by Used to be VOR » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:43 am

DS Bruce Robertson wrote:VOR, I've never thought you were Papillon, mostly because I recognized that it was VoxPop long ago. I suspect you're some other anti-Flint poster who refuses to admit to what his former screen name is, but I don't particularly care because you aren't actively advocating what is bad for the program now. You're not the all-encompassing contrarian that VoxPop/Papillon is.
Bruce,

Just to clarify....

My only three screen names ever have been UMassGuy (aol board & the first version of this board), Voice of Reason, and my current incarnation.