Coach Cal vs Memphis

Anything and everything that is UMass Minutemen Basketball.
BostonBert
Junior

Post by BostonBert » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:36 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:I'm not being naive... I'm just playing with the information I have available to me. It is what it is.
Really? Because if that is how we are playing the game, how do you know that Rose even had knowledge of somebody else taking the test under his name?

I am inferring things based on the limited amount of facts known about this case - I would expect somebody as intelligent as your self to do the same.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Well, I would think that if you fail tests before, and then you got a letter saying you passed a test you know you didn't take, you would be very well aware that someone took the test for you :wink:

The Truth
Sophomore

Post by The Truth » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:58 pm

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:02 pm

I really should start blogging.

UofMTigers
Sophomore

Post by UofMTigers » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:05 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:I'm not being naive...

Drew
vist us at memphistigers.org

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:10 pm

So sad, really.

shovelhd
Hall of Fame

Post by shovelhd » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:46 pm

This is great. A ConU fan going off on Cal. What a hypocrite.

The Truth
Sophomore

Post by The Truth » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:59 pm

shovelhd wrote:This is great. A ConU fan going off on Cal. What a hypocrite.
Where did it say that the author was a UConn fan? His twitter account said he was from Hollywood. Plus, have you seen World Wide Wes sitting behind the UConn bench? Maybe he just really likes Ashley Judd???

shovelhd
Hall of Fame

Post by shovelhd » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:08 pm

The Truth wrote:
Where did it say that the author was a UConn fan?
I wasn't referring to the author.

BostonBert
Junior

Post by BostonBert » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:43 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:Well, I would think that if you fail tests before, and then you got a letter saying you passed a test you know you didn't take, you would be very well aware that someone took the test for you :wink:
Are you sure he received that letter? According to him, he never received any letters at his Chicago address related to the failed ACT exams. He claims that there was quite a bit of lost mail that was intended for him.

Obviously I'm not insinuating that he didn't know about the test, but you can't prove that he did know about it....the same way I can't prove that Cal knew about the test... It's real hard to prove things, but its real easy to put together in your head what would actually make sense so I suggest you try that.

BostonBert
Junior

Post by BostonBert » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:45 pm

Yea what a hypocrite, sounds like all those UMass/Cal fans that always rip on Calhoun. :roll:

Dear Pot,
Stop calling me black.
Sincerely,
Kettle

basketball101
Sophomore

Post by basketball101 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:53 pm

Only UMASS fans I've seen ripping Calhoun are all on a message board, not in a published article/blog.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:07 pm

BostonBert wrote: It's real hard to prove things, but its real easy to put together in your head what would actually make sense so I suggest you try that.

I have, and getting yourself into hot water with a program doesn't seem like a smart thing to do if you are attempting to get a big money contract from a major program... just saying....

BostonBert
Junior

Post by BostonBert » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:27 pm

basketball101 wrote:Only UMASS fans I've seen ripping Calhoun are all on a message board, not in a published article/blog.
Why does it matter where it was said? A hypocrite is a hypocrite no matter what the forum is. If you are a total fraud on a message board why is it any different for you to buy a website for 20 bucks and post your hypocritical opinions on there?

basketball101
Sophomore

Post by basketball101 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:55 pm

What’s the difference between a quasi-professional “writer” who blogs and a message board poster?

One hypocrite gets publicity/advertisement and even possibly future endeavors from writing their nonsense while the other remains anonymous and has nothing to gain/lose from stating an opinion to fellow fans.

I understand your point about being hypocritical, I’m only saying that one publishes an article to the public with the intention of benefiting oneself (monetary, future articles, other jobs) while the other is a diehard fan that visits message boards.

One is a profession, the other is a hobby.