21-22 Season

2022 A-10 Tournament and 2023 A-10 Regular Season Champs!
TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Re: 21-22 Season

Post by TruBluMaroon » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:52 pm

The NCAA brought the Womens’ Tournament into March Madness. And then puts their games on the same time as the Mens’ ……Welcome!
Way to open up your product to a larger audience!!

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:59 pm

Lets go LADIES put it to ND.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:00 pm

Where's the D? Give up 32 in 1st qtr, whoa
Time to Win

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:26 pm

What a shot by Breen to end the half just more than half court.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:28 pm

We may have lost but don't have anything to be ashamed of.

That ends my watching basketball fir this season. When UMass teams are done I am done.

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:37 pm

Berkman wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:28 pm We may have lost but don't have anything to be ashamed of.

That ends my watching basketball fir this season. When UMass teams are done I am done.
FYI HV Girls playing for a Division 5 State Championship in Lowell on Sunday- might be able to catch it on some sort of National Federation feed $$

wmmmfan
Senior

Post by wmmmfan » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:40 pm

The ladies made their run at ND and gave a good accounting of themselves tonight. Great season to build off for the future.
Now lock Verdi up and put some more money into the program.

Sheck
Hall of Fame

Post by Sheck » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:28 pm

It was a tough draw, ND is a major player in Women's basketball. Great season and hopefully it's the start of something even bigger.
#maction 🚩#flagship

kikoandjimmer
Junior

Post by kikoandjimmer » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:28 am

I was there, near the sidelines and could hear Tory the whole game. I will not repeat a lot of what he was saying :D

Notre Dame is not what it used to be after Muffet retired. I'm proud of the team and happy we made it back. However, we lost because we were not playing the style of basketball that got us there and some defaulted to the style that almost cause us to not get there in the first place. That game was winnable and I think that is what hurt most. Saw some of the players and coaches after the game and you could see they felt the same.

Destiney is such an exciting player and my favorite player to watch but yesterday was not her day. ND had her frustrated and did that well. Yes, Destiney had I think 6 assists, but at 7 turnovers, the A/T ratio is under 1 and she was 1-7 shooting. ND did well on both the guards as I think Fatty and Des combined went something like 5-20 from the field.

I do hope Destiney comes back next year. If she doesn't, I think it will be very interesting to see who gets the start at guard. Stef Kulesza and Lexi Brooks are both good options that can get to an all A-10 team with a few minor tweaks that I'm sure they will work on.

I'm glad I came, if we go another 24 years before dancing, I will be in my 60s and not guaranteed to be around. I do think we can make a run at it next year, especially with how close we would have come to an at-large bid this year but you never know.

See you all in November!

stevemaz
Senior

Post by stevemaz » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:03 am

They had a very good season and I am proud of them. ND was definitely a tough draw. I think they would have defeated teams like NC, Kentucky, and Oregon.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:13 am

We have a good team the past 2 years and more than likely will have next season with most of the players back. However we need to get better to be able to play with the teams in the tournament. We should be able to replace Destiny if sh don't come back. We have a 6 ' 4" freshman that has not played at all this season so we don't know how good she will be. Our guards need to be a bit taller to defend against the 3's. Looking forward to next season.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:45 am

kikoandjimmer wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:28 am
I'm glad I came, if we go another 24 years before dancing, I will be in my 60s and not guaranteed to be around. I do think we can make a run at it next year, especially with how close we would have come to an at-large bid this year but you never know.

See you all in November!
If you get a lot of sleep, drink Guinness for strength and not get overly frustrated when UMass loses a game they should win (true in all sports) you will be fine and easily make it into your 70's. Many of us on the board have survived at least that long.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:54 pm

kikoandjimmer wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:28 am
Notre Dame is not what it used to be after Muffet retired. I'm proud of the team and happy we made it back. However, we lost because we were not playing the style of basketball that got us there and some defaulted to the style that almost cause us to not get there in the first place. That game was winnable and I think that is what hurt most. Saw some of the players and coaches after the game and you could see they felt the same.

Destiney is such an exciting player and my favorite player to watch but yesterday was not her day. ND had her frustrated and did that well. Yes, Destiney had I think 6 assists, but at 7 turnovers, the A/T ratio is under 1 and she was 1-7 shooting. ND did well on both the guards as I think Fatty and Des combined went something like 5-20 from the field.
I think you hit the nail right on the head. Nonetheless, it was a great season for the women. Look forward to watching them again next year.

Hopefully the freshman step in and contribute next season. If anything, some size inside would seem to help them. Got outrebounded pretty good yesterday, but these girls had a season to be proud of.

That freshman they had with the triple double was outstanding
Time to Win

vanmeter
Hall of Fame

Post by vanmeter » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:11 pm

I did not know, until I read Matt Vantour's article today, that Sam had another year of eligibility and will be back for next season.

Whether or not Philoxy comes back we are sure to be good. Hopefully we can recruit, or develop some of the other women we have on the team.

I also agree with Matt that we have a more challenging out of conference schedule so as to improve our profile and have a better opportunity for an at large berth if we do not win the conference tournament. Important to build on our success.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:08 am

Tough to see them bow out in the first round, but they played hard... could have folded after the rough start, but it's in this groups DNA to never give up.

Onto next year!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades