UMass apparel

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
Feato
Senior

S&B

Post by Feato » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:07 pm

bumping it up in reference to Steve & Barry's.

Apparently applies to all stores (it might considering it's on the website), but at least in the Agawam, MA store that just opened (about 5 months later then intended :lol: ), all merchandise is $8.98 or less for a limited time.

Grabbed the jacket today. Pretty decent stuff. Then again, it's $9. WHo could complain? ;)

Here's a couple of shots I took as to what I saw they had:

MF

I'm a professional smartass.

CrooksisRhyming
Senior

Post by CrooksisRhyming » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:04 pm

You need to photoshop out the crap behind the first photo.

I own two of these three items.

It's sad really.
"Wherever I go, I’ll never be bashful about being from UMass, baby.” -Victor Cruz

Feato
Senior

Post by Feato » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:24 pm

it was only fitting they went together :lol:
MF

I'm a professional smartass.

ShadesOf96and98
Senior

Post by ShadesOf96and98 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:50 pm

CrooksisRhyming wrote: I own two of these three items.

Yeah the top two tshirts in the first picture :roll:

njumass08
Hall of Fame

Post by njumass08 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:54 pm

Does anyone care that they have the wrong color for our shirts? Last time I checked we were Maroon and not Red.

shovelhd
Hall of Fame

Post by shovelhd » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:01 pm

njumass08 wrote:Does anyone care that they have the wrong color for our shirts? Last time I checked we were Maroon and not Red.
This is not a Steve and Barry's problem, it's a UMass problem. Go inside the University store and see how many shades of maroon are on the various clothing items. There is always a little bit of difference between dye lots and materials, but it seems like much more of a difference than that. These days with Pantone colors there is simply no excuse for this. Just go to the Harvard Coop sometime. They seem to be able to get their maroon right.

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:28 pm

"They seem to be able to get their maroon right."

Good for them. How are they doing with their Harvard Crimson?
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

CapeCodBruiser
Senior

Post by CapeCodBruiser » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:16 pm

I usually get my Umass hats from these guys...if there is something you dont see you can email them and they find it:

http://www.headhound.com/find_your_hat. ... submit.y=6

Jackman
Senior

Post by Jackman » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:32 pm

njumass08 wrote:Does anyone care that they have the wrong color for our shirts? Last time I checked we were Maroon and not Red.
Better the wrong color than the wrong name. Now on sale at UMass's official online store:

UMass87
Hall of Fame

Post by UMass87 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:49 pm

The people responsible for brand image at UMass have been incompetent for at least the 26 years since I matriculated. As much as I like it, my forest green UMass sweatshirt simply should never have been made.

Oddly enough, simply Google 'umass colors' and one gets:

http://www.umass.edu/umhome/identity/type_color.html

which is unambiguous in its assertion that Pantone 201 maroon is the only official color of UMass.

This is a direct quote:

"The official colors, UMass maroon (PMS® 201) and white, are a central component of the Graphic Identity Program for all print, product, and online applications. Correct and consistent use of the official colors helps reinforce the university's identity. Do not use another shade of red or maroon as a substitute for UMass maroon."

In the real world, people who ordered or allowed the manufacture of UMass logo wear with other colors would be fired. At UMass they probably get a raise for being innovative.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:41 pm

87: While I'm with you about 99%, I don't think one should be fired if they put the UMASS logo on a black T. :wink:

npt3
Junior

Post by npt3 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:37 am

I agree with Jackman 10000%. The whole "Amherst" thing is a cockup of the highest degree, and everyone involved in it should never be allowed to design, sell or approve so much as an athletic sock, and then only under adult supervision. Ever. Come on people, this stuff is not difficult.
"All life we work, but work is a bore. If life's for living, what's living for?" - Ray Davies

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:52 am

That does seem pretty fucked up. I look at that stuff and think Amherst College, not UMass. Christ

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:28 am

Jackman wrote:
Better the wrong color than the wrong name. Now on sale at UMass's official online store:
Wow, those suck. Amherst should NEVER be the primary name shown on any apparel. UMass-Amherst is the flagship campus, thereby "Amherst" should always be secondary, if shown at all.

umass21
Senior

Post by umass21 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:26 pm

I live in Mass. and when people ask where I went to school I was always answer: "UMass." Sometimes they'll ask which one and I respond as if there were no other one besides Amherst.