OFFICIAL UMass references in Television, Film, etc. thread

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
Quinn
Junior

Post by Quinn » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:05 pm

Saw this on TV as well but figured I'd copy and paste from another thread...

UMass is on two of the two 10 podium moments on espn sportcenter. Number 7 is Travesso falling off the stage. Number 6 is Chaney attacking Coach Cal in his interview.

http://umasshoops.com/games/1995-96/032 ... 201996.avi

Feato
Senior

Post by Feato » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:09 pm

heh Cos anytime on the media has a UMass piece of clothing on typically...:)

(wonder how much he's getting paid for it...lol)

and on a side note, Camille gave WMUA the station a $5,000 donation some 2 years or so ago...completely out of the blue!
MF

I'm a professional smartass.

Kosty
Hall of Fame

Post by Kosty » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:24 pm

I can't believe I just saw this, but flipping through the channels, I happened upon UPN and WWF Smackdown. Some big lug was in the ring with the mic and what do I see in the background......some guy in the front row with a UMass hockey jersey on!!! It was the old style triangle version of the jersey. Not sure where the show was taped or if it was live, but there is was, a UMass hockey jersey on a WWF program!!

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:35 am

Last night at 11pm, I was flipping through channels and landed on FoodTV.

Cookies Unwrapped was the name of the show. The intro showed a guy in a gray hooded University of Massachusetts sweatshirt, so I watched to see what if there was a connection to UMass other than the sweatshirt.

The segment was about Dan'z Cookie delivery service in Amherst. They showed a delivery being made to Coolidge in Southwest. A different student was shown accepting the delivery and he too was wearing the gray hooded University of Massachusetts sweatshirt.

mmmmmmmmmmm...cookies....
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:53 pm

Anyone else see Marcus Camby's picture among those shown during the opening graphics of CBS' NCAA selection show tonight?
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:45 pm

i saw it
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:21 pm

sometime in the middle of last night, when I woke up trying to figure out a way I could vote for Brian, I turned on the tellie, flipped the channels, and an old Cosby show had him wearing a UMass Athletics sweatshirt.

Quinn
Junior

Post by Quinn » Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:18 am

Last night on Tough Crowd, Lenny Clarke mentioned UMass (although he went to Umass-Boston). There was some talk of UMass-Amherst, and it turned out one of the other guests went to UMass-Dartmouth.

Doc Moonlight
Sophomore

Post by Doc Moonlight » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:15 am

The producer of TOUGH CROWD, Ken Ober, is a UMASS grad (you may remember him as the host of MTV's REMOTE CONTROL, which fetured Colin Quinn, Denis Leary, Adam Sandler and Kahri Whuerer).

Another UMASS Grad, Dana Gould, produces THE SIMPSONS.

UMass02
Senior

Post by UMass02 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:55 pm

Quinn wrote:Last night on Tough Crowd, Lenny Clarke mentioned UMass (although he went to Umass-Boston). There was some talk of UMass-Amherst, and it turned out one of the other guests went to UMass-Dartmouth.
What are the odds of that happening? :)

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:28 pm

Today in the Globe we have a half page picture of a Melrose High senior getting her nose pierced. She is wearing a hooded sweatshirt with a large UMass on the front.

Perfect. I wonder what her board scores are.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:38 pm

yeah, i saw that... was also told that Cosby gave an interview the other day and was wearing UMASS stuff as always.... shouldn't be long before he drops a few million our way... the relations between the school and Bill are really begining to tighten :D
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Mon May 17, 2004 12:54 pm

this one only remotely is related to UMass, only because it came into a UMass household...
but...worth sharing...???

Some of you may agree that there is a little creativity on this end of the pen...

for Mother's Day, our two girls arranged a live telephone call to Mom, courtesy the two of them, wishing her a Happy Mother's Day, from Lou Ferrigno.

only thing "weird" was that Lou called at 2 a.m. eastern time...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

www.louferrigno.com/gallery.asp

Jeff93
Junior

Post by Jeff93 » Wed May 19, 2004 8:46 am

SignMan wrote: only thing "weird" was that Lou called at 2 a.m. eastern time...
Actually, that is not the only thing 'weird' about a live phone call from The Hulk on Mothers' Day... :D

nortonmalc
Freshman

Post by nortonmalc » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:43 am

I didn't see it anywhere here in this thread so I figured I would throw out this older reference. I saw the movie "The Sixth Man" on cable the other day where they had UMass in the National Championship game. Even had Bruiser in it as our coach (natch).