Atlantic Challege

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
SignMan
Hall of Fame

Atlantic Challege

Post by SignMan » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:05 am

After a beautiful day @ Half Moon Bay on t Atlantic side of Antigua, yesterday, we drove with our new friend in her 2007 Beetle. I was in the back enjoying the breeze with the top down. Headed to English Harbor and got to see the winning two-man 7 meter boat row into EH @ historic Nelson's Dockyard.
Truly, one of the great endurance events in the world, 3000 miles rowing across the Atlantic, they finished in 40 days. The final 1000 miles after fixing their broken rudder with beeswax and duck tape.
We know someone who raced it several years ago at age 50 and lost 60 lbs doing it.
If I can figure out how to upload on YouTube, I have 4 minute video of the finish.
There should be some vid on it now, because there was one Press person there who was going to interview them, then post it on youtube.
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Re: Atlantic Challege

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:26 am

Hailing from Antigua in the West Indies, S. D. "Special Delivery" Jones!

Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Re: Atlantic Challege

Post by SignMan » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:11 am

^*not familiar with him until this IV post.

Tomorrow a.m., legendary cricket player and really nice guy, Sir Richie Richardson, friend of ours, will be coming over to spend some time with us.

He recently received an Honorary Doctor of Laws from the University of West Indies for his contribution to sports.

Lots of further Richie info online.
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!