"My Greatest Save"

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
Old Cage
Hall of Fame

"My Greatest Save"

Post by Old Cage » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:08 pm

Our Lady GOAT, Briana Scurry, has written a book about her struggles:

"My Greatest Save: The Brave, Barrier-Breaking Journey of a World Champion Goalkeeper"

https://mygreatestsave.com/

"A Deeply Moving and Painfully Honest Memoir.

Briana Scurry was a pioneer on the US Women's National Team. She won gold in Atlanta in 1996, the first time women's soccer was ever played in the Olympics.
She was a key part of the fabled World Cup '99ers and captured her second Olympic gold in 2004, cementing her status as one of the premier players in the world.
But Scurry's storybook career ended in 2010 when a knee to the head left her with severe trauma. She was labeled "temporarily totally disabled," and the reality was even worse. Unable to work, incapacitated by pain, she spiraled into depression and debt so bad she pawned her gold medals and contemplated suicide.
It seemed like the only way out until Scurry made her greatest save of all. A memoir of startling candor, My Greatest Save is a story of triumph, tragedy, and redemption from a woman who has broken through barriers her entire life."

$21.99 on Amazon.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Re: "My Greatest Save"

Post by MikeUMA » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:55 pm

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Re: "My Greatest Save"

Post by Old Cage » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:34 pm

"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."