RED SOX

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
Berkman
Hall of Fame

RED SOX

Post by Berkman » Sat May 01, 2021 6:23 pm

When the women finished up their post season playoffs I mentioned that I would not be watching the March Madness games but would wait for the Red Sox to start their season. Don't remember who but someone gave me some grief that the Sox would not do that good. Well the first month of the season has gone by and the Sox are doing real well leading in a lot of categories. Don't know how long that will last but I am going to enjoy watching the games for now.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Re: RED SOX

Post by Floyd » Sat May 01, 2021 6:41 pm

I'm just starting to get into the Sox again Berkie. Lots of new names, but some good talent. If Sale can come back it should help the pitching staff greatly. No idea how they'll do all year but they seem to be able to score runs
Time to Win

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Sat May 01, 2021 7:40 pm

Outside of Sales there are only 4 players I am familiar with.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Sun May 02, 2021 9:55 am

Other than the atrocious opening series against Baltimore, they've been great. A few potential issues here and there but they are looking good. I'm not keen on them having brought back Cora but that seems to have really re-invigorated the team. I hope to god there is no further scandals.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Sun May 02, 2021 10:15 am

Berkie, good call on them, they've been a blast to watch this year. Just gotta keep the starting rotation healthy and I think this could be a fun season with a potential deep playoff run. Who knows what is going on with Chris Sale, he hasn't even thrown off the mound yet this year, it's been over a year since the Tommy John surgery. I love the guy when he pitches but with his body type, he just can't be relied on to be your ace.

Getting Cora back has been a major difference too, the guy is proving himself to be one of the top managers in the bigs.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sun May 02, 2021 10:31 am

I think Cora relates well with the players, and they like playing for him. But , like IV said, hope there's no more stuff going on to tarnish anything.

Not knowing a lot about most of these guys, its kind of fun seeing what they can do. I do like the sometimes smallball situational stuff they'll do to manufacture runs here and there, not something the Red Sox were ever really known for. Plus they seem to run the bases more aggressively as a team than past years. I like it
Time to Win

Cahoonaville
Senior

Post by Cahoonaville » Sun May 02, 2021 10:53 am

Fuck Alex Cora.....and the stupid ass Red Sox for rehiring that cheat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJFXnYyp2Ys
Alex Guerrero, my HERO!!!!

Cahoonaville
Senior

Post by Cahoonaville » Thu May 06, 2021 11:17 am

In the primary Astros scheme, video equipment was used to decipher the catcher’s signs, and that information was then relayed to batters by various methods — most often someone banging on a nearby trash can with a bat; the number of hits on the trash can indicated what pitch was coming.

“Cora was involved in developing both the banging scheme and utilizing the replay review room to decode and transmit signs,” the report said. “Cora participated in both schemes, and through his active participation, implicitly condoned the players’ conduct.”

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu May 06, 2021 12:07 pm

Appreciate the update!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Cahoonaville
Senior

Post by Cahoonaville » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:37 am

Yea, Alex Cora didn’t lead the biggest cheating scandal in history or anything. Red Sox wouldn’t support that and rehire him, right? Nothing suspicious about playing winning baseball this year with a very average looking ball club on paper! Alex Cora the cheat master!!!!

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:23 am

Your insight is always appreciated!

PintOGuinness
Junior

Post by PintOGuinness » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:03 pm

Cahoonaville wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:37 am Yea, Alex Cora didn’t lead the biggest cheating scandal in history or anything. Red Sox wouldn’t support that and rehire him, right? Nothing suspicious about playing winning baseball this year with a very average looking ball club on paper! Alex Cora the cheat master!!!!
Have some cheese with that whine!
Word to your motha!

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:55 am

I'm just happy they got Alex back. He's a special manager.

Cahoonaville
Senior

Post by Cahoonaville » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:45 am

Quann wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:55 am I'm just happy they got Alex back. He's a special manager.
Yeah, a true RING LEADER of misfit ball players! Coach of the year right?

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:57 am

Yeah, he actually might be.
Time to Win