RED SOX

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
Floyd
Hall of Fame

Re: RED SOX

Post by Floyd » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:14 pm

This team has the potential to be electric in this postseason. Good group, great chemistry. Need the starting pitching to be more consistent and get deeper into games, and I think they'll be alright.
Time to Win

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:09 am

Ouch, that hurt last night.

How does someone steal home so easily? He was almost 3/4 the way to the plate before he even realized it.
Time to Win

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:27 am

He's fast and the pitcher was a lefty in the stretch. His particular stretch, and Devers not holding the runner, didn't help.

Tough one last night, and it seemed like almost a given considering they went with E-Rod to start and JD was sitting, though available. Gotta steal one tonight!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:32 pm

He never even looked over there. If you're in the stretch, just step off the rubber and if he breaks for the plate, throw him out. Can't let him get a lead like that, and someone on the right side of the infield should have been signalling to him. That can't happen
Time to Win

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:37 pm

He did glance over, but it certainly wasn't enough. Then he does that weird settling thing and it was over as soon as the runner broke for home.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:55 pm

Should NEVER happen out of the stretch. First off, a guy with that speed you keep close. Second, just step off the rubber and fire it home. Never should have allowed him to get a lead like that, if you have to keep stepping off, do it. Probably would have caught him before he took off. Just a bad lapse of concentration
Time to Win

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:30 am

My goodness, was the ball flying last night!

How sweet would it be if the Sox won tomorrow and then clinched it Monday, Marathon Monday, in Boston.
Time to Win

mdogt12
Hall of Fame

Post by mdogt12 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:12 pm

^With the Yellow jerseys.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:41 pm

What a game!!

harbo
Hall of Fame

Post by harbo » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:21 pm

A ton of talent out there and sometimes pure luck overcomes it all. Of course it was talent that sent the ball over the Green Monster a few minutes later.

The correct call was made. With the advent of all kinds of camera angles, I suspect that this particular situation will be addressed in the off-season and I would have no trouble with having the runner from first be allowed to score (since he was about to round third base when the ball left the playing field). I thought there was some allowance to that effect already.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:05 am

mdogt12 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:12 pm ^With the Yellow jerseys.

Please, no.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:13 am

harbo wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:21 pm A ton of talent out there and sometimes pure luck overcomes it all. Of course it was talent that sent the ball over the Green Monster a few minutes later.

The correct call was made. With the advent of all kinds of camera angles, I suspect that this particular situation will be addressed in the off-season and I would have no trouble with having the runner from first be allowed to score (since he was about to round third base when the ball left the playing field). I thought there was some allowance to that effect already.
Agree harbo, and Tampa with those support purlins will have more than a few of these situations all season long. There has to be some sort of common sense ruling that umpires have to be able to use.

All that being said, Tampa wasn't guaranteed that win as the bottom of that inning may have played out the same way. Go Sox!
Time to Win

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:46 pm

Another great win to move on the American League playoffs.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:48 am

Can't ask for any more excitement than what this series had. Just hope the weather stays warm as these playoffs continue
Time to Win

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:31 am

How do you decide to pitch to the hottest hitter on the planet when you could walk him and set up a double play or a force at any base? It doesn't matter - in my mind - who is up next.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."