Do they really think we are this dumb?

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
69MG
Hall of Fame

Do they really think we are this dumb?

Post by 69MG » Sat May 01, 2021 9:58 am

I got some toothpaste that is good for your gums so I decided to read the directions to see if there was anything out of the ordinary. I swear this is verbatim:

Directions.
Apply toothpaste to toothbrush
Brush teeth thoroughly

harbo
Hall of Fame

Re: Do they really think we are this dumb?

Post by harbo » Sat May 01, 2021 2:48 pm

People are looking at me kinda funny. Should I have rinsed my crusty blueish teeth?

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Sat May 01, 2021 4:34 pm

Inasmuch as we are here on an instructions thread on this UMass Athletics site...
here's my $.03 worth...

I washed my UMass GIC jacket early today (before the sun rose in the East).
Being a clothes perfectionist, I got my readers and searched for the instructions label.
...turned out the instructions, including washing instructions and fabric content, sewn in, which adheres to FTC requirements...
are on 6 thin pieces of some poly fabric, one behind the other, on both sides...the equivalent of 12 pages of instructions.

The washing instructions are in 25 languages and the fabric content in 26 languages. I have yet to determine which is the extra language, which could give rise to which country we should be adding to our football recruiting.

Regardless, I washed it in cold water, on the Delicate Cycle and dried it on low heat and it came out perfectly.

For those of you who have one and have never read these instructions, meaning everyone who has one, except me, you can recharge the water repellency by spinning it on low heat in your dryer...you know, that machine in the laundry room next to your washing machine you never use.
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sat May 01, 2021 5:37 pm

So, getting back to the toothpaste, 69, they probably have to print those directions or else someone would brush their gums and then sue for damage. Lack of common sense in the world is crazy.

Kind of like how they have to print "Caution, beverage is Hot" on a coffee cup

Reminds me of that story of the signs that say "Deer Crossing" or "Moose Crossing" on the highway to warn people of possible animal crossings. After one gets hit, and the person says " why don't they move that sign further down the highway and they can cross there where you can see them sooner".
Time to Win

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Sun May 02, 2021 2:37 am

^ "So, getting back to the toothpaste, 69, they probably have to print those directions or else someone would brush their gums and then sue for damage. Lack of common sense in the world is crazy."

Someone isn't too sharp re: oral hygiene...
Brushing one's gums, and one's tongue, is good for you...
SM recommends using an Extra Soft toothbrush, brushing your teeth, gums, and tongue...gently...

May I suggest using Closys products. Albeit a tad more expensive, the mint flavor or the no flavor added. They recently added 55+ options. Closys products do not have certain ingredients that may be better to avoid.

Money saving recommendations, so YOU CAN MAKE SMALL DONATION TO YOUR FAVE UM SPORTS TEAM...

Sign up for Closys emails...they do not hound you with a lot of oft-sent emails, but do alert you to good sales, on the not-oft occasions they have them. SM took advantage of this very recently and saved about $35 on a year's supply of toothpaste...delivery was quick...
order the minimum $ to avoid Shipping, if it would otherwise be charged.

It is available in stores, but not as much as the typical brands who own most of the shelf space...

Walmart typically has the mouth wash, but not the toothpaste (Mouthwash also SM recommended)...
CVS typically carries the mouthwash, as well; both the regular and the 55+, the latter half the volume of the former.

CVS has their typical inflated prices...
SM thrifty:
Try the 55+ mouthwash from CVS, usually priced around $10.49; but, only if you use it with CVS discounts, if you can stomach their voluminous emails and filter them out quickly... 40% ones the best, but are mostly for one reg priced item...so, don't get suckered into buying lots of other stuff, with reg inflated prices, at the same time... You may even have an occasional CVS Rewards $$$ you can also use together with the coupon(s), remembering that if, say, you have a $5 Rewards, it gets deducted from the price PRIOR to the added discount coupon. My recent mouthwash purchase of the 55+ Mint cost me $4.04 net.

If you put coupons and rewards on your CVS Card, and use one of the newish self-checkouts, the system should give you access to apply the discounts.

No charge for this money-saving health SM advice...
Consider it an early Sunday morning SM Birthday gift ...

To bring this to a conclusion...no complaints about post length, considering the tomes that regularly appear here on hoops.com,
when you use your Closys mouthwash, before you fill the cap and rinse, swish and perhaps gargle...
using a Q-tip (no, I do not need to tell you where to purchase them)...dip one swab end in the cap to wet it and put it in your nose...
no not deep, just around the rim...like ... around the rim and barely in...then, repeat the process with the other clean end of the swab, for the second nostril...better with the mint flavor...

If you have a larger nose, like SM, if the shot clock is winding down, make sure you leave time to finish before the red light goes on.

Next post...
Nose hair trimmers

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Sun May 02, 2021 8:33 am

So sorry for starting this thread. :oops: However, I'll add one comment I saw on Facebook.

In the "old days", your car owner's manual told you how to do a valve job. Today it tells you not to drink the liquid in the car battery. :D

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Sun May 02, 2021 10:17 am

We probably are getting collectively dumber as a society since we can google or youtube any info we don't know in about .2 seconds.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Sun May 02, 2021 10:30 am

Yes, yes they do.

Actually, it's more likely due to ridiculous lawsuits over the years. The McDonalds hot coffee one comes immediately to mind.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Sun May 02, 2021 5:34 pm

69MG wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:33 am So sorry for starting this thread. :oops: However, I'll add one comment I saw on Facebook.

In the "old days", your car owner's manual told you how to do a valve job. Today it tells you not to drink the liquid in the car battery. :D
It's been a long time since Maintenance Accessible Batteries have been used in cars...
MABs with removable vent caps are used in marine, farm, and heavy duty applications.

Of course, were you driving a Morris Garage 1969...
nah, you wouldn't be using a 50 year old battery.

Mr. & Mrs. SM were looking at a 1960 MGA a few months ago; gorgeous car, restored in 1983 but looking like recently restored...updated electronics including the totally restored dash gauges...and a sealed battery. (easy decision that buying it would have been totally impractical around here)

In order to drink the liquid in a car battery, today, you would need to use a battery opener.

These posts are beginning to look like a Tesla, with the Ludicrous Mode turned on.

jjmc85
Senior

Post by jjmc85 » Wed May 05, 2021 11:52 pm

69MG wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:33 am So sorry for starting this thread. :oops: However, I'll add one comment I saw on Facebook.

My uncle shared something like this on Facebook recently. My brother’s response: “That’s cause some idiot back in the old days decided to drink the liquid in their car’s battery.” :P
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!