COVID- 19 VACCINE SHOT

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
69MG
Hall of Fame

Re: COVID- 19 VACCINE SHOT

Post by 69MG » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:13 pm

My wife and I finally were able to schedule our appointments for shot #1 next week. In Mass. it's like playing the lottery. You get in the cue and are randomly assigned a slot. Last week I got in early and there were 45,000 people ahead of me. Today, I signed in the same way and there were only 9,000 people ahead of me.

bdance
Junior

Post by bdance » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:58 pm

I received my first dose today at the Campus Center. Not my first choice since I live an hour away, but it was the only one I could get after a full week of relentless searching.

While I had been going to BB games (until DK finally killed any interest I had left) I hadn’t stepped foot in the CC in nearly 40 years. The main level has changed a bit, but downstairs where the vaccine was administered was practically the same as I remembered it.

Long line upstairs and down, but they did a great job.

I picked up a HE championship shirt at the store on the way out. Hoping to score an NC shirt in 3 weeks when I get the second dose. Followed by a slice of this Antonio pizza. The place didn’t exist during my student days although I have driven by it a few times. Guess I’m overdue.

e_parade
Senior

Post by e_parade » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:24 am

I wish my first vaccine shot also came with the opportunity to get a HE Championship shirt (or hat).

Got mine on Monday though. We headed toward heard immunity on the forums yet? Need something like 80% of us to be there.

harbo
Hall of Fame

Post by harbo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:44 am

They don't sell much UMass gear in Luray Virginia, so I only scored my second Pfizer vaccine last Thursday. Started feeling really funky (totally zoned out and a decent headache) about 28 hours later. Basically just slept it off and have not had any issues since. My wife had zero ill effects. Feels good that our chances of getting severely ill from covid are approaching zero.

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:56 pm

Now, wait two weeks after your last Covid shot and start your shingles injections! Two weeks between on those also. That new vaccine could be as important as the Covid vaccine for some folks. Have you ever seen anyone with it? Yikes!

We just walked in at our local CVS, and they had a supply, which wasn't the case when we tried a few months ago. Our Medicare and/or secondary covered the cost.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:58 pm

Getting my second shot on Friday. My doctor is conservative and said to wait a couple of months before getting the shingles shot.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:39 pm

Let me tell you about the problem my wife is still having after getting the shingles shot. She had shingles when we were living in MA about 10 years ago. After we moved here to NC she was advised to get the "new" shingles shot. Bad move. Between the time of the first shot, around Thanksgiving 2 years ago and the second shot she came down with a serious case of the shingles. The doctor said that she had 2 root ends in her head that were affected. She did wind up getting the 2nd shot. Even now over a year and a half she is still experiencing shingle problems. Getting better but still having problems.

I never had any shingle shots and after seeing her problems I will NOT get the shingles shot. Good luck to any of you that do go out and get the shot (S).

m626t
Hall of Fame

Post by m626t » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:37 pm

wife and I each had the shingles shots last year. thankfully no problems. Hope your wife continues to improve.
All due respect, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart, I'm gonna pass.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:04 pm

Thanks.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:39 am

Shingles, what the hell is that? Can't you just call a roofer? :lol:
Time to Win

R&G
Junior

Post by R&G » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:50 am

I've had shingles. Very intense pain associated with my case. I still have scarring over 30 years later.

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:29 pm

Nice to hear that we have so many vigilant alums/posters...

Shingles nothing to make fun of, unless thou art like SM...

We updated our vaccines with Shingrix a couple of years ago...
so, what happened this week is very interesting...

We, SM & Mrs SM, had our 2nd doses of Moderna Tuesday and yesterday, respectively, @ CVS in E Boston...
Being time mgt conscious people, we took advantage of the four vaccine drives to Eastie by getting food to go at various restaurants we enjoy...
1st dose was a great pizza from Regina's in the North End and a turkey tips dinner from the Newbridge Café in Chelsea.
This week, it was Kelly's RB sandwiches at Revere Beach and turkey sandwiches on the way back, from Neillios's in Lexington.

4 excellent choices...

Now...re: vaccines.
No ill effects...just some arm soreness in the area of the shots for 2-3 days...

I did have Mrs. SM verify that we had the Shingrix, especially because I did have chicken pox...so long ago it was 1949-1951 sometime then...to top it off, and I challenge anyone else to match this tie-in to UMass hoops...at the time we were living in a house that Shannon Crooks lived in about 45 years later...

so, after my second shot on Tuesday, I did not wake up with shingles on my body, but I did have mini Tesla solar panels attached to my head...the best part of which is that I no longer will have utility bills for my electric SM personality.
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:31 pm

^ :roll: forgot to tell us what you had for dessert
Time to Win

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:13 pm

Yasso
chocolate covered frozen vanilla yogurt bars
"The lean, mean, vanilla crunch machine."
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

vanmeter
Hall of Fame

Post by vanmeter » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:46 am

Had my COVID shots in Florida 2/1 & 2/22. Drove 2 hours to get them. No problem, like driving back and forth to UMass game.
Wife getting first shot today.

BTW Sign Man - I go to Nellio's 2-3 days a week. Great place -especially Turkey Terrific