COVID- 19 VACCINE SHOT

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
Quann
Hall of Fame

Re: COVID- 19 VACCINE SHOT

Post by Quann » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:54 am

^^^^
I prefer to breathe, I like oxygen and expelling co2. I’ll take my chances.

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:06 pm

Some very encouraging data out of South Africa and the UK.. Both countries that are ahead of us in the Omicron surge. SA is on the back end and it seems Omicron totally wiped out Delta.. As cases spiked.. Hospitalizations and deaths didn't. In the UK Omicron now makes up over 90% of the covid cases which is a good thing. These are 2 different viruses.. Delta was much more severe and Omicron is more contagious which means its snuffing out Delta. In the UK, cases are way up but hospitalizations and deaths are trending down in comparison. One of the most interesting data points is that out of all the "covid hospitalizations" in the UK only at most 2/3rds are actually for covid. The rest are incidental. The incidental cases are going up and actual hospitalizations are going down. For Delta this number was much higher but has dropped as fast as Omicron cases have risen. Lets hope this trend continues. Case numbers don't matter anymore.
Last edited by TheInsider on Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:06 am

^^^^
All great news and yet the opposite seems to be happening. Mass media has really infected the general population with a mass neuroses about this virus. The emotional reaction to the virus is much more dangerous than the actual physical virus in nature at this point.

Juice Stand
Hall of Fame

Post by Juice Stand » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:58 am

Quann, I couldn't agree more. It seems like we're applying 2020 methods and reporting to late 2021/early 2022 scenarios. It's been two years and we've learned so much about the virus, who it affects and how it spreads, what kind of damage it can do, and we've also learned how to mitigate the effects and protect ourselves against it. The more I learn, the better I feel, even as a severely immunocompromised person. My doctors tell me one thing, the news stations tell me another. I'll go with the doctor's advice, thank you very much.

PintOGuinness
Junior

Post by PintOGuinness » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:53 am

TheInsider wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:06 pm Some very encouraging data out of South Africa and the UK.. Both countries that are ahead of us in the Omicron surge. SA is on the back end and it seems Omicron totally wiped out Delta.. As cases spiked.. Hospitalizations and deaths didn't. In the UK Omicron now makes up over 90% of the covid cases which is a good thing. These are 2 different viruses.. Delta was much more severe and Omicron is more contagious which means its snuffing out Delta. In the UK, cases are way up but hospitalizations and deaths are trending down in comparison. One of the most interesting data points is that out of all the "covid hospitalizations" in the UK only at most 2/3rds are actually for covid. The rest are incidental. The incidental cases are going up and actual hospitalizations are going down. For Delta this number was much higher but has dropped as fast as Omicron cases have risen. Lets hope this trend continues. Case numbers don't matter anymore.
^100%

NY Times article today on this very topic(unsure if its behind the paywall):
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/30/us/a ... cases.html
Word to your motha!

PintOGuinness
Junior

Post by PintOGuinness » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:53 am

TheInsider wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:06 pm Some very encouraging data out of South Africa and the UK.. Both countries that are ahead of us in the Omicron surge. SA is on the back end and it seems Omicron totally wiped out Delta.. As cases spiked.. Hospitalizations and deaths didn't. In the UK Omicron now makes up over 90% of the covid cases which is a good thing. These are 2 different viruses.. Delta was much more severe and Omicron is more contagious which means its snuffing out Delta. In the UK, cases are way up but hospitalizations and deaths are trending down in comparison. One of the most interesting data points is that out of all the "covid hospitalizations" in the UK only at most 2/3rds are actually for covid. The rest are incidental. The incidental cases are going up and actual hospitalizations are going down. For Delta this number was much higher but has dropped as fast as Omicron cases have risen. Lets hope this trend continues. Case numbers don't matter anymore.
^100%

NY Times article today on this very topic(unsure if its behind the paywall):
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/30/us/a ... cases.html
Word to your motha!

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:26 pm

Got boosted last night, feel like dogshit today. Didn't even feel like this on the first 2. Hope this isn't an annual thing
Time to Win

PintOGuinness
Junior

Post by PintOGuinness » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:28 am

Word to your motha!

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:24 pm

^^^^
Openly rooting for censorship. Yay!!

PintOGuinness
Junior

Post by PintOGuinness » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:31 pm

Twitter is a private entity and she violated their TOS - six times.
Word to your motha!

econalum
Hall of Fame

Post by econalum » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:01 pm

There are alternative outlets to express her poison - no issue. She can hook up to the 'Trump" channel if it is now active.
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:32 pm

Twitter loves hiding behind the veil that they are a private entity when they are basically a public utility at this point in time. There is no comparable internet platform for news and info in current day. You get kicked off there, you’re basically silenced on the internet and Twitter never gives any real reasons for it. It’s just hilarious that so called liberals are all in favor of censorship and deplatforming nowadays. My how the tables have turned. This is not an endorsement of Taylor-Greene, she’s kind of a bozo and is basically the Republican version of AOC. I just find it alarming that a few woke keyboard warriors in Silicon Valley wield all the power on who gets to talk and who is silenced on the country’s biggest social media platform.

McKinney
Senior

Post by McKinney » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:31 pm

I'm not opposed to treating Twitter as a public utility.
But I do find the censorship of GOPers, those who advocate against regulation of private business, to be sweet irony.
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

Juice Stand
Hall of Fame

Post by Juice Stand » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:26 am

Quann wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:32 pm You get kicked off there, you’re basically silenced on the internet and Twitter never gives any real reasons for it
Not really. This is a sitting US Congresswomen that knows how to get in front of a microphone and reach people through media. She has a massive platform, through various television and print news outlets, her seat in Congress, and other internet outlets. I wouldn't be surprised if she's on TV today, telling millions of viewers around the country that she's been silenced, which is a delightful slice of irony. It sounds like Twitter gave her multiple warnings and smaller suspensions, and she continued to violate the terms of service. First she was removed from her congressional assignments, now Twitter, I can only hope that she's removed from Congress altogether at some point.

PintOGuinness
Junior

Post by PintOGuinness » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:41 am

Juice Stand wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:26 am Not really. This is a sitting US Congresswomen that knows how to get in front of a microphone and reach people through media. She has a massive platform, through various television and print news outlets, her seat in Congress, and other internet outlets. I wouldn't be surprised if she's on TV today, telling millions of viewers around the country that she's been silenced, which is a delightful slice of irony. It sounds like Twitter gave her multiple warnings and smaller suspensions, and she continued to violate the terms of service. First she was removed from her congressional assignments, now Twitter, I can only hope that she's removed from Congress altogether at some point.
^This.

Re: the bolded part of your statement, unfortunately its not likely to happen Her district is full of hillbillies and rednecks who think the South won the Civil War :oops:
Word to your motha!