LS71
Hall of Fame

Re: COVID- 19 VACCINE SHOT

Post by LS71 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:02 pm

Camby4Life wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:07 am
LS71 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:51 am
Camby4Life wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:12 am
Another awful analogy
Speaking of public safety...I don't hear people complain about being required to stop at stop signs or at red lights.
Stop trolling with these. It’s not the same comparison. I don’t think driving rules caused people to lose their jobs because the government shut down their line of employment.
Jobs may not be lost as a result of people failing to obey the rules of the road, but lives certainly are at risk if people choose to disregard stop signs, red lights, driving on the right side of the road or if they chose to drive on the sidewalk instead of the road. The government can't tell ME what to do... :twisted:

Speaking of people whose jobs can't be worked remotely, wearing masks reduces the risk of spreading the virus to them.

It's really not hard to do.

People need to stop being so selfish and mask the f*ck up!
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

Camby4Life
Senior

Post by Camby4Life » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:41 am

LS71 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:02 pm
Camby4Life wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:07 am
LS71 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:51 am Speaking of public safety...I don't hear people complain about being required to stop at stop signs or at red lights.
Stop trolling with these. It’s not the same comparison. I don’t think driving rules caused people to lose their jobs because the government shut down their line of employment.
Jobs may not be lost as a result of people failing to obey the rules of the road, but lives certainly are at risk if people choose to disregard stop signs, red lights, driving on the right side of the road or if they chose to drive on the sidewalk instead of the road. The government can't tell ME what to do... :twisted:

Speaking of people whose jobs can't be worked remotely, wearing masks reduces the risk of spreading the virus to them.

It's really not hard to do.

People need to stop being so selfish and mask the f*ck up!
You can make all of your driving comparisons to covid and it can make sense to you but anyone with any common sense knows that it doesn’t matter since it’s not even close to the same type of comparison.

I’ve been working with a mask/gaitor in front of maskless customers. Based on my personal experiences, I can tell you that it has not made me feel more safe from covid. I do feel safer with the vaccine in case I do get it.

The small businesses have been getting destroyed for two years. Don’t be fooled by the news and corporate companies that are for these vaccine passports. It will continue to kill the small business owners and the employees who are still going to work.

Camby4Life
Senior

Post by Camby4Life » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:45 am

LS71 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:51 pm
Camby4Life wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:21 am
TheInsider wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:13 am How so.. I'm saying people have no issues following other rules but for some reason can't put as mask on for 5 minutes
People do put masks on for 5 minutes in places with mask mandates. Stop watching the news and actually go out in public and see what’s happening.
Exactly....when going into a store or restaurant, etc., i put my mask on. I take it take it off while eating/drinking, obviously, or at the
a place like the Bill...when there's no one anywhere near me...remember we're social distancing pioneers. :wink:

When I leave a store or whatever, the masks come off. It's really not that difficult.
Agreed, it’s not that difficult. But at the same time, is it really preventing any cases since the cities with the mandates have more cases that places without them?

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:32 am

To clarify my point a little I was thinking more about mass transit or places where you may be stuck next to someone for a longer period of time. Putting on a mask just to walk from the door your table or to sit at the bar is just dumb. Boston just put in a vax passport mandate. That worked so well for NYC. Get the vax.. get a booster.. mitigate the risk and move on with your life. We had a chance to go to a place that would have been crowded last Sunday.. didn't go because of who we were going to see this week. If it was any other week I would have gone in a second.

LS71
Hall of Fame

Post by LS71 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:04 am

^^ The driving metaphors are an example of how ridiculous some people are about their social obligations. I mean....where do we draw the line?

I'll never say vax/boost/mask/social distancing will PREVENT the spread of the virus, but there's no doubt that each reduces the risk of it being spread.

I'm in the Springfield area. What I've noticed lately is that employees at stores, restaurants etc. in the area are not all masked anymore. It's a mixed bag on each side of the counter.
"Win without boasting, lose without crying." -- Julius Erving

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:13 am

Boy do we enjoy talking in circles here at UMassHoops!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:29 am

^^ When the Basketball team sucks this is what happens!!

Plano Minuteman
Junior

Post by Plano Minuteman » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:30 am

I've resented masking up since I've gotten vaccinated, but I have to concede that masks may be effective. I haven't had so much as a sniffle in the past 2 years. Then again, I've been working from home the vast majority of that time vs. an office.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:02 am

I'm not taking sides on this but here's a story about my family's Christmas. We generally go to my sister-in-law's house in Marblehead for Christmas. Her daughter arrived a few days ago from Ireland. One son arrived a few days ago from Indiana. Her other 2 sons live locally. The 4 kids and significant others hung out for a few days as kids their age will do (all in their 20's).

One of the kids wasn't feeling well yesterday and got tested. Bingo - a positive test. Christmas in Marblehead is cancelled. All I'm saying is BE CAREFUL. My nephew isn't terribly sick, but a slip up can affect more people than just yourself.

Camby4Life
Senior

Post by Camby4Life » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:21 am

Plano Minuteman wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:30 am I've resented masking up since I've gotten vaccinated, but I have to concede that masks may be effective. I haven't had so much as a sniffle in the past 2 years. Then again, I've been working from home the vast majority of that time vs. an office.
This scenario seems to be the case for many people throughout this country. Work from home, mask up around others, stay healthy. I wish it was just this simple for everyone. Don’t you ever wonder how others can stay healthy? You don’t have to agree with the “other side” but at least be open to hearing about different demographics and their covid effect.

Camby4Life
Senior

Post by Camby4Life » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:28 am

69MG wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:02 am I'm not taking sides on this but here's a story about my family's Christmas. We generally go to my sister-in-law's house in Marblehead for Christmas. Her daughter arrived a few days ago from Ireland. One son arrived a few days ago from Indiana. Her other 2 sons live locally. The 4 kids and significant others hung out for a few days as kids their age will do (all in their 20's).

One of the kids wasn't feeling well yesterday and got tested. Bingo - a positive test. Christmas in Marblehead is cancelled. All I'm saying is BE CAREFUL. My nephew isn't terribly sick, but a slip up can affect more people than just yourself.
Wash, rinse, repeat.
This has been happening all winter according to the case data. Cases are going to skyrocket even more in the next month. Would love to know the follow up of the other 7 people in the group and see the overall positive cases. Also how many are symptomatic? Hopefully everyone is healthy. Sorry about your cancelled Christmas.

cox'n
Junior

Post by cox'n » Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:00 pm

"CNN’s medical analyst Dr Leana Wen has said that cloth masks are useless in the fight against the spread of the Omicron variant of Covid-19, instead encouraging viewers to wear three-layer medical masks."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 80394.html

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:52 pm

^^ So far, 2 more tested positive. 2 of the 3 feel OK, the other one feels "under the weather" but nothing major. Again, they are all in their 20's.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:18 pm

cox'n wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:00 pm "CNN’s medical analyst Dr Leana Wen has said that cloth masks are useless in the fight against the spread of the Omicron variant of Covid-19, instead encouraging viewers to wear three-layer medical masks."

Hmmm, who said that earlier in this thread? :lol:

Camby4Life
Senior

Post by Camby4Life » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:27 am

Quann wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:18 pm
cox'n wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:00 pm "CNN’s medical analyst Dr Leana Wen has said that cloth masks are useless in the fight against the spread of the Omicron variant of Covid-19, instead encouraging viewers to wear three-layer medical masks."

Hmmm, who said that earlier in this thread? :lol:
3 layer medical masks? What a jump from the single use cloth masks.