COVID- 19 VACCINE SHOT

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
Quann
Hall of Fame

Re: COVID- 19 VACCINE SHOT

Post by Quann » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:50 am

And yet we have countries going this way. Italy going back to their fascist days. Refuse the jab, you don’t get to work if you’re over 50. Bonkers: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/it ... 022-01-05/

PintOGuinness
Junior

Post by PintOGuinness » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:06 am

Quann wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:50 am And yet we have countries going this way. Italy going back to their fascist days. Refuse the jab, you don’t get to work if you’re over 50. Bonkers: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/it ... 022-01-05/
Bravo Italy! 138,000 deaths due to COVID(second highest number in Europe). Good to see they're taking steps to possibly save lives. I only wish the US would have the fortitude to do the same.
Word to your motha!

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:05 am

TheInsider wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:59 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA-fvyGw-cc
Here is a no BS data driven analysis of what is currently going on. Not the alarmist BS thats on TV
From this am out of NY.. 37% of hospital admissions with covid have no symptoms. 50% of covid hospital admissions went there for something else and tested positive in the hospital. Also, almost no boosted patients. This doesn't lessen the strain on the hospital because of staffing and quarantine issues. Numbers like these should be very encouraging.
No BS. One google search and I instantly found the following below about the no BS doctor. :lol:
In November 2021, Campbell said in a video that ivermectin might have been responsible for a sudden decline in COVID-19 cases in Japan. However, the drug had never been officially authorised for such use in the country—its use was merely promoted by the chair of a non-governmental medical association in Tokyo, and it has no established benefit as a COVID-19 treatment. Meaghan Kall, the lead epidemiologist for COVID-19 at the UK Health Security Agency, said that Campbell was confusing causation and correlation. Further, Kall said that there was no evidence of ivermectin being used in large numbers in Japan; rather, she said it "appears this was based on anecdata on social media driving wildly damaging misinformation".

In November 2021, Campbell quoted from a non-peer-reviewed journal abstract by Steven Gundry saying that mRNA vaccines might cause heart problems. Campbell said he was not sure about the claim or its quality, but did not mention the expression of concern that had been published for the abstract, saying instead that it could be "incredibly significant". The video was viewed over 2 million times within a few weeks and was used by anti-vaccination activists as support for the misinformation that COVID-19 vaccination will cause a wave of heart attacks. According to a FactCheck review, Campbell had in his video drawn attention to the poor quality of the research on which these claims were based, pointing to typos in the abstract, poor methodology, and a lack of clear data.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:06 am

PintOGuinness wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:06 am
Quann wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:50 am And yet we have countries going this way. Italy going back to their fascist days. Refuse the jab, you don’t get to work if you’re over 50. Bonkers: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/it ... 022-01-05/
Bravo Italy! 138,000 deaths due to COVID(second highest number in Europe). Good to see they're taking steps to possibly save lives. I only wish the US would have the fortitude to do the same.
Put your tin foil hat on man! Saving lives is facism these days, Quann the wizard of loneliness says so.

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:37 am

Hadn't seen those... Looked back.. In Japan, he said that there MIGHT be a correlation between Japanese doctors calling for more use and more research of ivermectin and a drop in cases.. Thought it was interesting and needed a further look. In the second claim he said he wasn't sure about the results and kind of tore it apart. He said it COULD BE significant if true. So its his fault anti-vaxxers picked up on it?? In the few videos I've seen the guy is hugely pro vaccination.. Instead of looking at "fact checkers" take a look at some of the videos.

Juice Stand
Hall of Fame

Post by Juice Stand » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:48 am

Top tip: don't get your medical advice from YouTubers.

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:07 am

The only advice i've seen him give is wear a mask, test, wash your hands and get vaccinated. He really just looks at studies and data from around the world. You are correct, medical advice should come from your Doctor. Another top tip.. Don't get your facts from "Fact Checkers".

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:15 pm

Scoopy, all I advocate for is personal responsibility and individuals having bodily autonomy. It's just weird that so called liberals are all about big daddy government imposing mandates for a therapeutic that does nothing to stop the spread. The CDC has confirmed this latest fact.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:35 pm

So I just looked at this thread for, I think, the first time. I looked at a few posts on a few pages.

I hate the direction it has taken, and I'm shutting it down. I'm not going to cherry-pick the stuff I think is particularly problematic. I'm just putting the kibosh on the whole topic.

This board is a forum primarily for UMass basketball and UMass athletics. There are enough dark corners of the internet where people can talk about the nasty side of politics or vaccine misinformation. I'm not having it here.