Alcohol

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
McKinney
Senior

Re: Alcohol

Post by McKinney » Mon May 11, 2020 5:20 pm

This could be a starting point: https://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants ... sachusetts

Malasadas would be a great concession dessert!
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

UMass02
Senior

Post by UMass02 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:27 pm

McKinney wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:15 pm The only kinda regional thing I've seen the Mullins Center do is the "lobstah mac n' cheese". Which I have not had.
Eating Lobster Mac and Cheese at Mullins is a risky proposition. Maybe I’ll try that. Luckily my season ticket seats are near the men’s room.

McKinney
Senior

Post by McKinney » Tue May 12, 2020 11:02 pm

UMass02 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:27 pm
McKinney wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:15 pm The only kinda regional thing I've seen the Mullins Center do is the "lobstah mac n' cheese". Which I have not had.
Eating Lobster Mac and Cheese at Mullins is a risky proposition. Maybe I’ll try that. Luckily my season ticket seats are near the men’s room.
I'm always weary when a food is intentionally spelled wrong. https://youtu.be/KLHRjaUBb3o
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Thu May 14, 2020 9:29 am

I think we've stumbled onto some great ideas here. Roast beef/linguica sandwich stand and a seafood stand would be a great start at the Mullins. Do it UMass!

cox'n
Junior

Post by cox'n » Thu May 14, 2020 1:05 pm

UMass02 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:26 am
econalum wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:04 pm
In the end, UMass sports are very reasonably priced, but as things loosen up I hope that the food choices improve. Too much salt and fat.
The department does a respectable job to to engage fans and improve fan relations, but they miss the mark badly on this one. For a university that loves to tout their #1 Dining Service, you couldn’t tell from the concessions at Mullins. Dining Services is responsible for concessions, including stale over-salted popcorn, flat soda, sad-looking cold hamburgers, cold greasy fries, etc. These are easy things to fix, but it seems they don’t wish to do so. I know there are a handful of good concessions at Mullins, but those are few and far between. Athletics and Dining Services need to sit down and figure out how to fix this, because it is a bad look.
Whenever possible, we eat at at a UMass dining hall (usually Hampshire) before attending a game. Dining halls have outstanding food at a reasonable price while the Bill has lousy food at an unreasonable price. And heck, we're still supporting UMass.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Thu May 14, 2020 1:19 pm

External/Private management of the building is the problem. Considering the size and resources of the school, it's Dining Services and the Hospitality department, that building should be managed in-house.

With that said, if any of your bitching changes the popcorn, I'm going to be very upset with you all.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Thu May 14, 2020 5:05 pm

Why, u bring all the salt home to do the driveway?

I'm all in for the roast beef on a bulkie sandwiches.
Time to Win

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri May 15, 2020 7:57 am

Floyd wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:05 pm Why, u bring all the salt home to do the driveway?

I'm all in for the roast beef on a bulkie sandwiches.

We live in New England. WHATEVER IT TAKES!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades