UM Athletics Sports Luncheons

Whatever else you wanna rant about.
harbo
Hall of Fame

Re: UM Athletics Sports Luncheons

Post by harbo » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:27 pm

Berkman wrote:.......I will surly go to one.
If it is going to irritate you, why bother? :wink: :wink:

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Where do you get the idea that they irritate me? I went to about every one of them for 20 years or so most of the time with a neighbor friend of mine. Met a lot of nice people, attendees and the many coaches and athletes of the week, over the years and looked forward to going to the luncheons.

Swampy
Hall of Fame

Post by Swampy » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:16 pm

^ You surely will and I hope you're not surly when you arrive.

harbo
Hall of Fame

Post by harbo » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Sorry Berkman. Just a play on words and your misspelling of "surely" (hence the winky emoticon). We knew you were a regular attendee and for you to show up in a surly manner would be rather unexpected.

harbo
Hall of Fame

Post by harbo » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:20 pm

And don't call me Shirley.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:12 am

Once you retire, especially early at 56 like I had the opportunity to do thanks to GE selling the Ordnance business in Pittsfield, you need to have things to do. Besides working for temp agencies like Manpower and Kelly Services to mention a few you have a lot of time to do many other things. I went to a few luncheons and then my neighbor Hank, who worked at the GE transformer division, got his retirement when GE closed it down. He joined me in my trips to the luncheons on a regular schedule until he had health issues. The last couple of years I went by myself depending on who the guest speakers were. We had a regular group that sat at one of the front tables.

Chris20
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris20 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Things are looking up at UMasshoops.com this morning. Eldonabe calls it a day....and meanwhile, the gift of Berkman keeps on giving. 8)

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:32 pm

Luncheon this Wednesday.

Please join us for the first weekly UMass Sports Luncheon of 2016 WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6TH, IN THE MASSACHUSETTS ROOM, 3RD FLOOR MULLINS CENTER.

Congratulations to Dinn Brothers Athletes of the Week for the following weeks:
Week Ending 12/20/15: Trey Davis, Men’s Basketball;
Week Ending 12/27/15: Bria Stallworth, Women’s Basketball; and
Week Ending 1/3/16: Trey Davis, Men’s Basketball; and Shane Walsh, Ice Hockey.
The awards will be presented at the luncheon.
This week’s program features the opening of lacrosse season with our speakers Men’s Lacrosse Coach Greg Cannella, and Women’s Lacrosse Coach Angela McMahon.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Please join us for the weekly UMass Sports Luncheon WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13TH, IN THE MASSACHUSETTS ROOM, 3RD FLOOR MULLINS CENTER.
Congratulations to this week’s Dinn Brothers Athlete of the Week:
Meriza Werenski, Women’s Swimming and Diving.
The award will be presented at the luncheon.
This week’s program features swimming and diving with our speakers Men’s Swimming Coach Russ Yarworth, and Women’s Swimming Coach Bob Newcomb.
The luncheon will take place from noon - 1:15 p.m. in the Mullins Center Massachusetts Room. The program generally begins about 12:15 p.m. Parking is available for free behind the Mullins Center. A buffet lunch will be served for $14/ person.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:12 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone,
Please join us for the weekly UMass Sports Luncheon WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20TH, IN THE Main Concourse Area of the MULLINS CENTER.
Congratulations to this week’s Dinn Brothers Co-Athletes of the Week:
Both are from Men’s Track and Field:
Kris Horn and Jonathan Derolus

This week’s featured speakers are Men’s Basketball Head Coach Derek Kellogg and Men’s Swimming Coach Russ Yarworth.
This is your chance to ask DK all of those questions!!!

MJatUM
Hall of Fame

Post by MJatUM » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Be interested if anyone goes to these and can post if any (real) questions are actually asked to DK.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:34 pm

Can't help out on this now that I am living in NC. 69MG is our best bet for providing info. I am sure that there will be one person that just might ask DK a sticky question.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:12 pm

This Wednesday is the Women’s Basketball annual field trip game. THE LUNCHEON WILL MEET THIS WEEK ONLY 10:30 – 11:30 A.M. WITH A BRUNCH MENU. MEETING WILL BE IN THE MASSACHUSETTS ROOM, 3RD FLOOR MULLINS CENTER.

Attendees who do not already have a ticket for the women’s game will receive a free ticket for the game.

We hope you can join us for the brunch/luncheon and to cheer on the Minutewomen (game time is noon).
Congratulations to this week’s Dinn Brothers Tri-Athletes of the Week:
They are:
from Women’s Track and Field: Heather MacLean and Emilie Cowan; and
from Women’s Swimming and Diving: Emma Roush.
This week’s featured speakers are Men’s and Women’s Track and Field Coaches, Ken O’Brien and Julie Lafreniere.

The luncheon will take place from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. this week only in the Mullins Center Massachusetts Room. Parking is available for free behind the Mullins Center. A buffet brunch will be served for $14/ person.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:37 pm

Wish I could be there. Ken O'Brien is always interesting to hear. Great luncheon speaker.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:40 pm

In case you hadn't heard, this week's luncheon is about football signing day.
THE SPORTS LUNCHEON COMMITTEE IS HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT THIS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD, A SPECIAL SIGNING DAY EVENT WILL BE HELD IN PLACE OF THE USUAL LUNCHEON.
On behalf of Ryan Bamford, Coach Whipple and the UMass Athletics staff, please join us to be part of an in-house audience for a live-streamed show officially announcing the incoming football class. The signing class of '16 looks to be the highest-ranked class since the Minutemen moved to FBS level!

The lunch and show begin at 11:30 a.m. in the Hunt Room at the Football Performance Center. The cost is $14 per person (cash or card) at the door. Doors open at 11:00 a.m. The program will run from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.

FOR THIS SPECIAL EVENT, PLEASE RSVP TO JASON GERMAIN AT [email protected] or call
413-545-4290.
The Athletic Department will raffle some prizes. There will be no 50/50 raffle this week.
Congratulations to our Dinn Brothers Athlete of the Week:
Heather MacLean, Women’s Track and Field
Her award will be presented at next week’s luncheon (February 10th).
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday in the Hunt Room at the Football Performance Center. Free parking is available in Lots 10, 11 and 12 close to the building.