York Retiring

Talk UMass Hockey. Home of the 2021 National Champions!
User avatar
Sheck
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2104
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:13 am
Location: NH

York Retiring

Post by Sheck » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:53 pm

#maction 🚩#flagship

scorpio
newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:01 pm

Re: York Retiring

Post by scorpio » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:17 pm

"Boston College Men’s Hockey Head Coach Prospects: Greg Carvel"
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... f27474d308

User avatar
Old Cage
Hall of Fame
Posts: 7140
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:49 pm
Location: The Eastern Provinces

Re: York Retiring

Post by Old Cage » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:37 am

^ Written by a quite young BC grad and shill.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

User avatar
econalum
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:31 am
Location: Boxborough, MA

Re: York Retiring

Post by econalum » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:30 am

Agree - this is the original source: https://www.bcinterruption.com/2022/4/1 ... york-bc-bu
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

DrG
Senior
Posts: 1978
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:02 pm
Location: MA

Re: York Retiring

Post by DrG » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:55 pm

A veritable orgy of condescension.

McKinney
Senior
Posts: 1389
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm
Location: New Brunswick, NJ

Re: York Retiring

Post by McKinney » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:35 pm

Proposing BC poach Carvel. Talking shit on what UMass has to offer. Referring to UMass as "UMass Amherst". It's gotta be a shitpost to rile up UMass fans right?
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

mdogt12
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3372
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:30 pm
Location: maine

Re: York Retiring

Post by mdogt12 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:31 pm

Cavanaugh apparently staying at UConn

User avatar
e_parade
Senior
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Boston

Re: York Retiring

Post by e_parade » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:53 pm

It would be great and hilarious if BC just swung and missed on all of their main targets for this. Cavanaugh staying at UCONN is huge for UCONN.

I doubt they'll stay down for too long, but it would just be fantastic for the BC fans (and BU) to need to get used to looking up at UMass (as well as Lowell, Northeastern, and UCONN) in the standings.

KahunaK
Senior
Posts: 1000
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: No. Virginia

Re: York Retiring

Post by KahunaK » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:46 am

Its so surprising that BC and BU have not named new hockey coaches. Some speculate that the BU situation is due to a contract issue with the current coach and they will name someone on May 1st. The BC situation is much more surprising. I guess the BC job is not as desirable as the folks on Chestnut Hill think. I hope UMASS is safe with Carvy.

meff
Sophomore
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:12 pm
Location: Hanover

Re: York Retiring

Post by meff » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:27 pm

KahunaK wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:46 am Its so surprising that BC and BU have not named new hockey coaches. Some speculate that the BU situation is due to a contract issue with the current coach and they will name someone on May 1st. The BC situation is much more surprising. I guess the BC job is not as desirable as the folks on Chestnut Hill think. I hope UMASS is safe with Carvy.
Following a legendary coach like York is a difficult task. Also one reason out there why Cav stayed at ConU is he is only a year from vesting into a state pension.

KahunaK
Senior
Posts: 1000
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: No. Virginia

Re: York Retiring

Post by KahunaK » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:08 am

meff wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:27 pm
KahunaK wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:46 am Its so surprising that BC and BU have not named new hockey coaches. Some speculate that the BU situation is due to a contract issue with the current coach and they will name someone on May 1st. The BC situation is much more surprising. I guess the BC job is not as desirable as the folks on Chestnut Hill think. I hope UMASS is safe with Carvy.
Following a legendary coach like York is a difficult task. Also one reason out there why Cav stayed at ConU is he is only a year from vesting into a state pension.
You are right. It is always better to follow the guy who followed the legend. There is no learning curve and the expectations are sky high. Few can manage it.

KahunaK
Senior
Posts: 1000
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: No. Virginia

Re: York Retiring

Post by KahunaK » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:10 am

Looks like BC is about to lose their AD.

ZooMass84
Senior
Posts: 1343
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: York Retiring

Post by ZooMass84 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:49 am

KahunaK wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:10 am Looks like BC is about to lose their AD.
Revolving door

User avatar
Sheck
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2104
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:13 am
Location: NH

Re: York Retiring

Post by Sheck » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:45 pm

Would they hire Bamford? I think they'd want to look for someone with some New England ties who might stick around for awhile.
#maction 🚩#flagship

User avatar
e_parade
Senior
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Boston

Re: York Retiring

Post by e_parade » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:46 am

Sheck wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:45 pm Would they hire Bamford? I think they'd want to look for someone with some New England ties who might stick around for awhile.
https://www.bcinterruption.com/2022/4/2 ... c-director

He's listed as one of the two (three now, per the edit) "obvious" candidates.

Post Reply