04 HE Championship game

Talk UMass Hockey. Home of the 2021 National Champions!
Floyd
Hall of Fame

04 HE Championship game

Post by Floyd » Sat May 30, 2020 1:27 pm

Just came in for some lunch and see that NESN is replaying the 04 HE Championship triple ot game vs Maine at 3. One of the best, if not THE best, hockey games I've ever watched. Been dying for this to be on. Sucked that they lost but what an effort and game that was
Time to Win

UMass02
Senior

Re: 04 HE Championship game

Post by UMass02 » Sun May 31, 2020 11:10 am

Floyd wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:27 pm Just came in for some lunch and see that NESN is replaying the 04 HE Championship triple ot game vs Maine at 3. One of the best, if not THE best, hockey games I've ever watched. Been dying for this to be on. Sucked that they lost but what an effort and game that was
Up until a couple years ago, this was the best hockey game I’ve ever attended. Every player left it all on the ice. Every. Single. Player.

KahunaK
Senior

Post by KahunaK » Sun May 31, 2020 3:04 pm

Great game except at the very end. Kudos to all the players on both sides for grinding it out.

Side story- Went to that game without tickets and figured we get some from a scalper. Before we looked for tix, we went to The Fours for a couple of beers. Met some nice guy from UMASS- bought him a couple of beers and headed out. As we were standing there who walks by but the same guy. Says- you needed ticket? You should have said something to me. He sold us two tix at face value. They were CENTER ICE ABOUT 15 ROW UP!!!! We couldn't have gotten better seats. If you are that guy and are reading this- THANK YOU!!!!

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Sun May 31, 2020 7:21 pm

Thats good karma Kahuna
Time to Win

KahunaK
Senior

Post by KahunaK » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:25 pm

^^^ My experience is that UMASS alumni are good people and fun to hang around with even if you just met them. Not all schools are like that and I am glad to have gone to UMASS!

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:28 pm

Amazing game. I was there as well. Ironic thing was my best friend from childhood, Ben Murphy, (we spent every summer day together playing baseball/street hockey from 6 until we were 11) scored the Triple OT game winner for Maine. Bittersweet and surreal for me seeing him put the stake through our hearts.