Thank You for an incredible season guys!

Talk UMass Hockey. Home of the 2021 National Champions!
UMassHockeyTalk.com
Freshman

Thank You for an incredible season guys!

Post by UMassHockeyTalk.com » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:36 pm

Win the national championship or not. I can say nothing more than thank you to the entire team for an incredible season! We haven't seen this kind of success in years; and with that success will come ups and downs. We're with you every minute and look forward to what the future brings. I'll be there next season when we raise some adjusted fabric to the rafters of the Bill... Remember guys, You were, You ARE, UMass!

Here's to the entire team!

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Re: Thank You for an incredible season guys!

Post by Old Cage » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:30 pm

Just back at my hotel. The size of the UMass delegation that made the voyage is very heartening.

On the ice, thank you, #NewMass, for taking us to a previously unthinkable level.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

DrG
Senior

Post by DrG » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:48 pm

I am so proud of these guys. To get to the national championship game is an unbelievable accomplishment and I can't wait for the banner to be raised at the Mullins next season. We lost to a really good, experienced team that right now is the closest thing to a dynasty in college hockey. It was an honor and a great experience to be in Buffalo supporting this team. Thanks to Coach Carvel, his staff and the players for making us proud to be UMass fans and alumni!

mdogt12
Hall of Fame

Post by mdogt12 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Thank you everyone for an incredible season. What an amazing ride.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:15 am

Agree with everything said in the above posts. Let's keep the wagon rolling!

Sheck
Hall of Fame

Post by Sheck » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:17 am

Looking back on this season it's absolutely crazy what this program accomplished. I think we all knew the program was headed in the right direction after last year but the realistic goal seemed to be top 4 in Hockey East, get to the Garden, maybe have a chance at an at-large bid in the tournament. Who ever thought this team would be a game away from winning it all? Not only that but look at what they accomplished during the season. First time being ranked #1, first time finishing at the top of the Hockey East standings, first time having a Hobey Baker award winner, and first Frozen Four. Not only that but never lost 2 games in a row the entire season and found a way to win the other night when it looked kinda bleak after Denver tied it up in the 3rd period.

Really happy with the response from the fans/alumni as well. They sold out the Bill, got support at the Garden, in Manchester, and in Buffalo. Brought pride back to the university. Future looks really bright as well.
#maction 🚩#flagship

vanmeter
Hall of Fame

Post by vanmeter » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:05 am

Great great year. 2 years ago from 5 wins to 31. So excited to see so many Umies there ronight.
No reason we can't be there again. Ext year.
Thanks Coach Carvel!

Swampy
Hall of Fame

Post by Swampy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:17 am

Thank you to players, coaches and staff. It was a fun ride and hopefully it produces more stability to the UMass hockey program going forward. Also, congratulations to my friends Mark, Jim, Andy and Jeff. You guys were with this program since the first puck drop and your perseverance paid off with a trip to the final game!!!
Oh, and there have been a few of these stories too that made the season a truly fun ride. https://dailycollegian.com/2019/04/omel ... ozen-four/

Roadtrip
Hall of Fame

Post by Roadtrip » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks to the seniors that stayed after a 5 win season, and all the rest who made this year so enjoyable. You gave it all.

mdogt12
Hall of Fame

Post by mdogt12 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:54 am

UMass putting on a welcome home gathering for the team. Said they should be arriving at Mullins sometime between 4:30 and 5

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Best three days I have had in a long time...great people, great fun and a great hockey team to watch. This was the best sports season I’ve ever experienced in my long life. The team was great, the coaches were great and the support of the administration was outstanding. I can’t wait until next year. Carvel and staff are building a real hockey program.
Bamford has erased McCutcheon

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:04 pm

78 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:58 pm Best three days I have had in a long time...great people, great fun and a great hockey team to watch. This was the best sports season I’ve ever experienced in my long life. The team was great, the coaches were great and the support of the administration was outstanding. I can’t wait until next year. Carvel and staff are building a real hockey program.
As a BB season ticket holder, I would like to thank the hockey team for saving my sanity. It was an unadulterated joy watching them this year.

m626t
Hall of Fame

Post by m626t » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:51 pm

^
what he said. Exactly.
All due respect, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart, I'm gonna pass.

Steve81
Hall of Fame

Post by Steve81 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:06 pm

Exactly what all have said, thanking so much for a great, great season!!!!
Go UMass!!