Quick the Olympian?

Talk UMass Hockey. Home of the 2021 National Champions!
User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 17744
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:53 pm

$118... wow. :shock:
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

User avatar
gosox22
Junior
Posts: 706
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:21 pm
Location: Green Bay, WI

Post by gosox22 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:38 pm

I saw that a few months ago. For $118, it is completely half-assed. The real jersey would have also had 29 on the front and on the sleeves, and at no point have we ever had the "UMass" logo on the shoulders! Only the "UM" logo has been on the shoulders. At least there was effort made, but its not at all worth it if it's not close to the on-ice jersey, in my opinion. I would LOVE to see the new away jerseys with "Massachusetts" across the chest for sale. Those I would buy in a second.

User avatar
Rocks22
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3227
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:54 am
Location: Section U
Contact:

Post by Rocks22 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:45 am

Agreed gosox, it is very much a half-assed job not remotely worth the price. Here's some pics (courtesy of Winger) from Quick at UMass and you can see they did a crappy job at a replica.

http://fearthetriangle.com/2012/05/29/g ... han-quick/

User avatar
jjmc85
Senior
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:07 am
Location: Boston, MA

Post by jjmc85 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:59 pm

Whoever designed it has never been to a UMass hockey game in their life.

Edit: I have 3 hockey jerseys. A home, an away and a triangle. The home and away are pretty decent, but don't have Hockey East patches. They were purchased at the bookstore in the 2006-2008 time period. The triangle jersey was purchased used on Ebay and has a Hockey East patch.

None of the football jerseys sold at the book store had CAA or MAC patches. Why don't we put conference patches on our replica jerseys? That bugs me.
UMass Football: 22-3 at home when I was a student.

Leave the A-10!

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 17744
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:18 pm

^

I agree that the authenticity of them is a big problem.

For the jerseys you've already purchased, have you tried searching online for a HE patch you can stitch on yourself?
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

User avatar
njumass08
Hall of Fame
Posts: 5607
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:06 am

Post by njumass08 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:03 am

jjmc85 wrote:Whoever designed it has never been to a UMass hockey game in their life.

Edit: I have 3 hockey jerseys. A home, an away and a triangle. The home and away are pretty decent, but don't have Hockey East patches. They were purchased at the bookstore in the 2006-2008 time period. The triangle jersey was purchased used on Ebay and has a Hockey East patch.

None of the football jerseys sold at the book store had CAA or MAC patches. Why don't we put conference patches on our replica jerseys? That bugs me.
I'm glad the football jersey didn't have a MAC patch on it. Who knows what the future holds.

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 17744
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 am

^

I couldn't disagree more with that statement. I want it to be authentic for the time I'm buying it at, be that A-10, CAA, MAC or whatever comes next.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

User avatar
njumass08
Hall of Fame
Posts: 5607
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:06 am

Post by njumass08 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:04 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:^

I couldn't disagree more with that statement. I want it to be authentic for the time I'm buying it at, be that A-10, CAA, MAC or whatever comes next.
Well I personalized my #3 jersey to say "CRUZ" on the back, so it wouldn't have made much sense with the MAC patch, so I guess I'm just being a little selfish. I might have to buy a CAA patch for it though.

Also, I really want that Quick jersey that is on Ebay, but that thing is just too darn expensive.

harbo
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2405
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:22 pm

Post by harbo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:24 pm

Wardy wrote:Its official: #32 Jonathan Quick 2010 US Olympian
Make that 2014 US Olympian.

User avatar
Rocks22
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3227
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:54 am
Location: Section U
Contact:

Post by Rocks22 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:45 am

Jon Quick will get the nod for Team USA:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 06365.html

User avatar
MV Digga
Junior
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Amity Island

Post by MV Digga » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Quick looked consistent today. Was not tested very much. Bigger test against the Russians on Saturday...

Does anyone know how Pock played today? I know they lost 8-4...

Camby4Life
Senior
Posts: 1501
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:00 am
Location: South Boston

Post by Camby4Life » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:48 pm

MV Digga wrote:Quick looked consistent today. Was not tested very much. Bigger test against the Russians on Saturday...

Does anyone know how Pock played today? I know they lost 8-4...
Pock played 16 minutes and somehow was a +3, pretty crazy since they lost 8-4.

Would love to see quick get the start against the Russians but the original plan was to start miller is one of the first 2 games, hopefully they change the plan.

User avatar
Kosty
Hall of Fame
Posts: 3974
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 9:02 am
Location: The Shore to the South

Post by Kosty » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:44 am

Camby4Life wrote:Would love to see quick get the start against the Russians but the original plan was to start miller is one of the first 2 games, hopefully they change the plan.
Wish granted.......

http://boston.com/sports/other-sports/o ... story.html

Camby4Life
Senior
Posts: 1501
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:00 am
Location: South Boston

Post by Camby4Life » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:42 pm

Nice, huge spot for quick in this game, the Russians are top heavy with huge scorers, ovie, Malkin, kovalchuk, and datsyuk. A good performance here should earn him the start in the medal round.

Pock and the Austrians lost to canada 6-0, Crosby got in one his patented checks after the whistle on Thomas knocking him down near the net.

Kieron
Freshman
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:07 pm

Post by Kieron » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:30 am

Camby4Life wrote:Nice, huge spot for quick in this game, the Russians are top heavy with huge scorers, ovie, Malkin, kovalchuk, and datsyuk. A good performance here should earn him the start in the medal round.
Quick played a great game today. The shootout was unbelievable!

Post Reply