Timeout / Restored

Questions, comments, etc about UMassHoops.com.
MikeUMA
Site Admin

Timeout / Restored

Post by MikeUMA » Wed May 26, 2021 10:03 pm

Hey people. Frequent visitors have noticed that we went on a board-wide timeout. Nothing was broken, I just turned it off for a while.

I'm not going to rehash reasons why. There was a post that I found unacceptable, that led to some additional garbage, and I flipped the Off switch in hopes that everyone will chill out. I'm sorry to the vast majority of cool cats that had to go without for that time.

I have zero interest in being board police on a regular basis. I'll also reiterate that I don't read everything that gets posted, FAR from it. So, if you spot something that you feel is inappropriate, please click the button with the exclamation point, labeled "Report this post". That will give me a notification to check it out, and take me exactly to it.

What's inappropriate? I'm not going to attempt to make a clear-cut list. To borrow an old phrase, I know it when I see it.

I don't want to start giving specific people temporary or permanent boots, but I've done it before and I'll do it again when necessary. You're all UMass fans, otherwise you wouldn't be here, and I don't want to do that to a fellow UMass fan. That being said, I'm also not going to let this place that I've built and run for literal decades turn into trash.

Stay classy, people.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Re: Timeout / Restored

Post by MikeUMA » Wed May 26, 2021 10:07 pm

This is also a good time to point out the "Add foe" function within the board. It's like a Block feature where you won't see their posts. Consider it for those that you just don't get along with.

To find it, click into the person's profile and you'll see a link.

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Re: Timeout / Restored

Post by TruBluMaroon » Thu May 27, 2021 7:40 pm

^^ Surprisingly, this is probably the FIRST time I have referred to as a cool cat! Many Thanks 😊