WE'RE MOVING

Questions, comments, etc about UMassHoops.com.
e_parade
Senior

Re: WE'RE MOVING

Post by e_parade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:28 am ^

You wouldn't. I'm not sure why you'd want to open an external link from a thread on this page in the same tab.
I middle click (scroll-wheel) - I'm not sure how you're missing that point. It's literally as easy as left clicking. As for what the rest of your point is: you need to do a better job at describing what the actual intent is. Every thread in here is a hyperlink, as are all the links to forums. I didn't understand until this very post that you were talking about hyperlinks to outside sources as opposed to every link you can find in this forum (the latter would be a ridiculous request, and I'm glad it turns out that's not what you were saying).

Not knowing exactly how much it takes to edit that in these specific forums, I'd still say the effort to make that specific change would far outweigh the effort it would take every poster to use one of the other extremely easy methods of opening in a new tab.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:39 am

I'm glad you figured it out in my last post, but wanted to make sure it was clear here again.

EXTERNAL links, not internal thread links.

Ex: When someone comments on a thread and includes a link to www.twitter.com

Not: clicking on the Men's Hoop Forum link within UMassHoops to get to the Men's Hoop Forum.

I completely understand that the middle wheel on a mouse will open the link in a new tab. Not every device I use has a mouse with a middle wheel.

Prior to the last revision, external links opened in a new tab. It was perfect. Since then, it doesn't happen. It's nothing major, but a small thing that would make this place better. Does it hinder the site? No. It's just one of those changes that never needed to happen.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

e_parade
Senior

Post by e_parade » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:51 pm

^
Makes a hell of a lot more sense than what I thought you were asking for initially :lol:

m626t
Hall of Fame

Post by m626t » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:04 pm

I use Edge as my browser. It shows a warning indicating an insecure connection for this web site. what's up wit dat? anyone else seeing this warning? thanks
All due respect, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart, I'm gonna pass.

DrG
Senior

Post by DrG » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:30 pm

I also use Edge but I have not seen that warning, including on my anti-virus program.

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:27 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:39 am I'm glad you figured it out in my last post, but wanted to make sure it was clear here again.

EXTERNAL links, not internal thread links.

Ex: When someone comments on a thread and includes a link to www.twitter.com

Not: clicking on the Men's Hoop Forum link within UMassHoops to get to the Men's Hoop Forum.

I completely understand that the middle wheel on a mouse will open the link in a new tab. Not every device I use has a mouse with a middle wheel.

Prior to the last revision, external links opened in a new tab. It was perfect. Since then, it doesn't happen. It's nothing major, but a small thing that would make this place better. Does it hinder the site? No. It's just one of those changes that never needed to happen.

Of all my internetting of the last 25 years, I never actually knew that the middle wheel automatically opened a link in a new tab. Thanks guys!

McKinney
Senior

Post by McKinney » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:32 pm

^ As does command-click on mac and cntrl-click on windows.
Class of 2019 - @StatsMass

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:21 am

Quann wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:27 pm
Of all my internetting of the last 25 years, I never actually knew that the middle wheel automatically opened a link in a new tab. Thanks guys!

Well when you spend your life being human trash, it's no wonder you miss things like this :lol: :lol:
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Quann
Hall of Fame

Post by Quann » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:23 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:21 am
Quann wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:27 pm

Well when you spend your life being human trash, it's no wonder you miss things like this :lol: :lol:
Hahaha! Let scoopy know I’m not that bad a chap IV.