Need to find a new web host

Questions, comments, etc about UMassHoops.com.
MikeUMA
Site Admin

Need to find a new web host

Post by MikeUMA » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:42 pm

UMassHoops.com has been on its own domain since (if memory serves) 1999. For most of that time, we've been lucky enough to be hosted by a pretty good service with a great dude helping behind the scenes. That dude is "jj" who you'll see on this board from time to time.

Although I'll be friends with jj for the rest of our lives, this site is going to have to move to a new provider. While I can probably get any generic host to take the site and take my money, I'm really hoping to find a little extra help.

For the day-to-day stuff, I can keep things going myself, but I will need occasional tech support to get things configured the right way. I have no problem paying a fair price for that support, but I'm trying to find someone who can help me out and not take me to the cleaners every time I have a request.

Can anyone recommend a person / service that might be able to keep UMassHoops.com going for a fair price?

If you can read this, want to respond, but aren't able to post here, e-mail me at [email protected]

jj
The Dude

Re: Need to find a new web host

Post by jj » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Help a Brother out, Fellas.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Re: Need to find a new web host

Post by MikeUMA » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Updates over here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15004