Early General Discussion threads missing?

Questions, comments, etc about UMassHoops.com.
Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Early General Discussion threads missing?

Post by Old Cage » Sun May 29, 2016 7:04 pm

Mike - I looking for an old General Discussion thread on Peter Trovato's Mass Soldiers Legacy Fund and the threads only go back six pages. Have the 2003-2013 threads been lost?
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

UMass02
Senior

Re: Early General Discussion threads missing?

Post by UMass02 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:07 am

Old Cage wrote:Mike - I looking for an old General Discussion thread on Peter Trovato's Mass Soldiers Legacy Fund and the threads only go back six pages. Have the 2003-2013 threads been lost?
Wasn't there some housecleaning a couple of years ago? I believe Mike kept all the BB posts but cleaned up most of the other boards.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue May 31, 2016 9:34 am

The less traveled forums get purged after a certain amount of time. It helps Mike with the storage situation. No idea if they are gone for good or he has that stuff backed up to another storage solution, but that's why you can't find it.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:29 pm

Gone for good. Not everything can be saved.

Only the Men's Hoop Forum has full history back to when this version of the board began, in 2003. And that will eventually have to be cleaned up as well.

If there's something worthy of preserving, we can make it an Announcement or Sticky, and that saves it from being pruned.