"Like" feature

Questions, comments, etc about UMassHoops.com.
MassMan06
Hall of Fame

"Like" feature

Post by MassMan06 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:21 am

Any chance you guys can add an option to "like" a post?

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Re: "Like" feature

Post by MikeUMA » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:44 pm

We use a software package, not anything custom, so if the software has it, we do. Our current installation is a little dated, so I'll see if we can try to get things upgraded.

Not sure if the latest version has a like/love function, but I think the capability is out there.
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2246576

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:46 pm

While you are at it, any chance that that upon signing in, we could return to the page we were reading, rather than returning to the forum index?
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:57 pm

Cage: not sure what browser you use, but with Google Chrome (my preferred browser lately), it opens up to the last place where I left off.

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Mike - I also use Chrome. I just signed in from this topic, and then got only the choice of clicking on "Return to the Index Page." I'll keep experimenting going forward, using different browsers. I have an HP with Windows 10. It is not a big problem.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

jj
The Dude

Post by jj » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:46 pm

Old Cage wrote:Mike - I also use Chrome. I just signed in from this topic, and then got only the choice of clicking on "Return to the Index Page." I'll keep experimenting going forward, using different browsers. I have an HP with Windows 10. It is not a big problem.
Cage, if you wait five seconds, does it automatically return you? It should.

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:55 pm

Jay - Two different situations that are consistent:

1. If I am not signed in and reading a post, and then sign in because I want to post a reply, I can only go back to the index.

^ "Return to the index page"

2. Once I go through all that, and post my response, then I can go back to the page I was on.

It does not matter what browser I use. No, I do not stay signed in all the time.