Letter to the editor(s)

Questions, comments, etc about UMassHoops.com.

Do you a peer assigned ranking system would be beneficial to the board?

Yes
38%
No
63%

Total votes: 8

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Letter to the editor(s)

Post by eldonabe » Tue May 27, 2014 8:30 am

Hi guys, I have been around here for a very long time and I am also probably one of the biggest pot stirrers as well. I think this is a great site and is the epitome of a dysfunctional family.

I have a suggestion that may or may not be doable, but wanted to float it out there to see.... Currently each poster has a title assigned that is based purely on number of posts. I am wondering of there is a way to have a ranking system based on reputation that is assigned (or taken away) by peers?

Basketball forum has a crude system in place but the points are too liberally assigned.

This may be beneficial in two ways: The obvious would be to let people know if you are dealing with a poster who is a crackpot (like myself many times), but the not-so-obvious reason would be to deter people from whacky posts if they want to be taken seriously at all.

Like I said, it may not be doable, but it is just an idea?? I have a couple of thoughs on some of the bugs that could come up if you think this may be worth looking into?

njumass08
Hall of Fame

Post by njumass08 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:34 am

I wouldn't be opposed, but I could see problems arising from it as well.
Looking forward to the 2022 UMass Football Season (Oh boy, just jinxed that one)

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue May 27, 2014 8:21 pm

I like the idea of the up vote/down vote, but it would require Mike to upgrade to a new version of the forum code... personally, I want the forum to stay exactly as it is. It is simple to use and very clean looking.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

mdogt12
Hall of Fame

Post by mdogt12 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:24 am

board is fine the way it is

m626t
Hall of Fame

Post by m626t » Fri May 30, 2014 12:52 pm

as a daily reader and infrequent poster, i like it fine the way it is.
All due respect, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart, I'm gonna pass.