Home Page Idea

Questions, comments, etc about UMassHoops.com.
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Can you also create an "about" page? I'd like to read up about when the site was created, maybe some pictures of what it once looked like, the years it changed, etc...

If there is one and I missed it, just share the link. I didn't see anything on the old site of the Wiki site.

Thanks!
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

Big10Land
Sophomore

Post by Big10Land » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:59 pm

This site went live in 2003 correct?

Before I read the forum on Masslive, never mind trolls on this site, the forum got nasty. I just looked to see if it was still in operation and saw this note:

Please Note: Next Monday, this UMass basketball forum will be retired and replaced by a whole new experience at www.masslive.com/umassbasketball/fans/.

The UMass basketball Fan Talk area works just like the UMass basketball forum, but the new platform updates in real time and allows you to easily share links with friends and fellow fans. Your fan posts and comments may also be promoted and moved to the Top Posts tab to be read alongside The Republican reporters & columnists!
Oh my god, they love state schools out here.

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Big10Land wrote:This site went live in 2003 correct?
Yes, but we had other boards in different formats dating back to the original Compuserve and AOL boards in 1994 or so.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

Swampy
Hall of Fame

Post by Swampy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:44 am

Big10Land wrote:Before I read the forum on Masslive, never mind trolls on this site, the forum got nasty.
If you were a fan of Bruiser the late 90s were a laugh a minute on that site. I especially enjoyed The Rick and Nat Turner. :lol:

Big10Land
Sophomore

Post by Big10Land » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:49 pm

There were a lot more UConn guys giving us grief as well.
Oh my god, they love state schools out here.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:52 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:Can you also create an "about" page? I'd like to read up about when the site was created, maybe some pictures of what it once looked like, the years it changed, etc...
Maybe, but there's a bunch of content that I still want to make about the program. And with the little amount of free time I have, don't hold your breath for an about page.
InnervisionsUMASS wrote:If there is one and I missed it, just share the link. I didn't see anything on the old site of the Wiki site.
Nothing currently exists.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:56 pm

Big10Land wrote:This site went live in 2003 correct?
This message board's current format went live in 2003, but that is only one piece of this site in total.

This site, hosted on AOL, went live in about November 1995. It was just a few pages, and I believe a "guestbook", which evolved into the message board. I think you could consider this current board as version 3 or 4, I don't remember exactly.

I got the UMassHoops.com domain name in the late 90s.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:47 pm

MikeUMA wrote:
InnervisionsUMASS wrote:Can you also create an "about" page? I'd like to read up about when the site was created, maybe some pictures of what it once looked like, the years it changed, etc...
Maybe, but there's a bunch of content that I still want to make about the program. And with the little amount of free time I have, don't hold your breath for an about page.
InnervisionsUMASS wrote:If there is one and I missed it, just share the link. I didn't see anything on the old site of the Wiki site.
Nothing currently exists.

Ummmmm, you just posted the "about page" in this thread... a quick HTML code could get that up and running as an official "about page". I haven't done HTML since roughly 1999, but I can't imagine the difficulty has change much......
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

njumass08
Hall of Fame

Post by njumass08 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Anyone else having problems with the home page??

Chris20
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris20 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:12 pm

yes

njumass08
Hall of Fame

Post by njumass08 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:24 pm

^

I think that's why it's a little slow on here today.