ADIOS FROM TWO MEMBERS

Questions, comments, etc about UMassHoops.com.
Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:04 am

Problem is , many take things too personally here sometimes. Quite a few times I bite my tongue because I might be reading something the wrong way and taking things wrong, and I just let it go. I've only really met about 10-12 guys on here, so it's tough sometimes because you don't really know people or what they mean. But, I hate to see people go as many times this place is a great break from the everyday grind and many times fucking hilarious. Chemical, while sometimes seeming negative, has some good points and insight into stuff, that while maybe out of the norm, is a good alternative to other posters. Never met the guy, but have had some good conversations with him and I can tell you his allegiance is definitely with UMass. So, hope he till posts. Sometimes ya just gotta let things go
Time to Win

CrooksisRhyming
Senior

Post by CrooksisRhyming » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:10 am

For the record - if you are actually leaving - James Life was definitely not 6'6. :wink:
"Wherever I go, I’ll never be bashful about being from UMass, baby.” -Victor Cruz

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:50 am

CrooksisRhyming wrote:For the record - if you are actually leaving - James Life was definitely not 6'6. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait, lets actually talk about important things here: what happened to SignMan?!?!
Last edited by InnervisionsUMASS on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

uz2b-len
Hall of Fame

Post by uz2b-len » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:59 am

As stated above, Signman had some serious surgery a few months ago and has been recuperating. All "signs" are that he is doing well and he was sighted at the Northeastern game.
"All credit to my teammates, all glory to God."-- Chaz Williams

69MG
Hall of Fame

Sign man

Post by 69MG » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:07 am

Len, you beat me to it. I also saw SignMan at the Northeastern game. He carried a few signs, but not as many as in the past. But I took it as a good thing that he was able to at least do that much.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:20 am

Yeah, I knew about the health stuff, but saw him and talked with him last Monday at the Mullins. I didn't see anything about him posting (or in anyone elses signatures......) that he would be taking time off from the board.

Just disappointing to hear, and of course just want to make sure the health didn't deteriorate or anything over the course of the last week.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:06 am

Dear Chemical Ali,

Been there, done that. Some of these pissing matches are mere child's play compared to the battles I had to endure over JB Flint with CRR and Wiggum (amoung others). I stopped posting for a very long time. Getting worked up over the opinions of IV and Swampy are not worth your time either. You don't have to defend yourself, you have many anti-majority opinions and you back them up with relevent argument/facts. If they don't like it - tough shit to them. You are good in my book.

The bottom line is that you can be a fan and be critical, you can be an optimist or a pessimist, you can actaully have a different opinion than 90% of the posters here and be correct as easilly as be incorrect. For whatever reason there seem to be a few sacred cows here - your only fault is that you actually have a negtive opinion about them - How Dare You!

I thought DK should have been done after last year as well, He is not and so far he has shown a little promise. If he does "just enough" to keep his job for another season and "finish his first contract" I will remain very skeptical. If the guy really has figured it out and truely earns his last year, that is a whole different story. I will be the first one to eat crow (happily) and sing his praises - I suspect that you would do the same. it doesn't make you or I wrong - just the minority.

The common thread is that everyone wants the same thing - a successful Umass team - the rub is that we all have a different opinion as to how to make that happen.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:14 am

No one is against good arguments and discussion, or of being critical about a coach or player. What people are against is the name calling and attacks when someone disagrees. Plain and simple.

Chris20
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris20 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:26 am

There is plenty of healthy disagreement here as there always has been. The mistake he makes is thinking that it's his opinions that people react so strongly to....when it's not the opinions. Plenty here agree with those opinions, and get along just fine.

All you need to do is look at his screen name....he is/was starved for attention and made it clear with his incessant crap. So good riddance.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:30 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote:No one is against good arguments and discussion, or of being critical about a coach or player. What people are against is the name calling and attacks when someone disagrees. Plain and simple.
You are right. Not that it really matters, but I am sure that the root of the personal attacks goes back a long way and was probably over some stupid trivial subject that one person took the wrong way.

My morbid curiosity wonders when/what that was....

Minutemaniac74
Senior

Post by Minutemaniac74 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:29 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Wait, lets actually talk about important things here: what happened to SignMan?!?!
see page 36 of the Fire Morris thread...looks like he's mad about a post of his getting deleted?

Refuse2Lose83
Hall of Fame

Post by Refuse2Lose83 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:26 pm

uz2b-len wrote:As stated above, Signman had some serious surgery a few months ago and has been recuperating. All "signs" are that he is doing well and he was sighted at the Northeastern game.

I'm pretty sure I saw him at the Elon game. Even saw him grab a sign but did not see him carry it around.
Hire Matt McCall!

DS Bruce Robertson
Senior

Post by DS Bruce Robertson » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:19 am

eldonabe wrote:Dear Chemical Ali,

Been there, done that. Some of these pissing matches are mere child's play compared to the battles I had to endure over JB Flint with CRR and Wiggum (amoung others). I stopped posting for a very long time. Getting worked up over the opinions of IV and Swampy are not worth your time either. You don't have to defend yourself, you have many anti-majority opinions and you back them up with relevent argument/facts. If they don't like it - tough shit to them. You are good in my book.

The bottom line is that you can be a fan and be critical, you can be an optimist or a pessimist, you can actaully have a different opinion than 90% of the posters here and be correct as easilly as be incorrect. For whatever reason there seem to be a few sacred cows here - your only fault is that you actually have a negtive opinion about them - How Dare You!

I thought DK should have been done after last year as well, He is not and so far he has shown a little promise. If he does "just enough" to keep his job for another season and "finish his first contract" I will remain very skeptical. If the guy really has figured it out and truely earns his last year, that is a whole different story. I will be the first one to eat crow (happily) and sing his praises - I suspect that you would do the same. it doesn't make you or I wrong - just the minority.

The common thread is that everyone wants the same thing - a successful Umass team - the rub is that we all have a different opinion as to how to make that happen.
In our case, Eldon, the light of history has proven conclusively that the biggest problem with the UMass basketball program was Bob Marcum, not James Flint. So not only were you in the minority, the past decade has proven you to have been wrong as well.

Not that anyone asked, but I stopped posting here shortly after my bemusing and satisfying stint as "Hyperbole Defender" and eventually stopped visiting altogether because of IV and his brand of relentless, ubiquitous inanity.
You know, say what you will about America, 13 bucks still gets you a hell of a lot of mice.

eXelwood
Sophomore

Get well Sigman ...

Post by eXelwood » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:15 am

Hope you are doing well, Umass would be a better place if we had more alumni with your enthusiasm and support for the University.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:32 pm

DS Bruce Robertson wrote: Not that anyone asked, but I stopped posting here shortly after my bemusing and satisfying stint as "Hyperbole Defender" and eventually stopped visiting altogether because of IV and his brand of relentless, ubiquitous inanity.
IV was the main reason I took an extended break as well, but my break was from his brand of "douchebaggery".....