NEW ATHLETIC SITE

Any other UMass sports talk? From Softball to Crew, find it in here.
Berkman
Hall of Fame

NEW ATHLETIC SITE

Post by Berkman » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:44 am

Recently the UMass Athletic Site was updated/revised. I did not like it. A friend of mine said that he could not access it. It worked for me until a couple of days ago and not it don't work for me. Whoever is in charge of it needs to get on the ball and fix it.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Re: NEW ATHLETIC SITE

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:28 am

The new site is much better than the previous one. That one was a clusterfuck. But either way, things take time to get used to.... it will grow on us.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

e_parade
Senior

Post by e_parade » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:45 am

Seems to work fine for me, though it did take a second to load. It definitely is a much more modern website now though - the look and feel of it is way better overall.

Sheck
Hall of Fame

Post by Sheck » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:06 pm

Dunno how much input the athletic department has with the site design. I think Learfield is in charge of that.
#maction 🚩#flagship

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:08 pm

^

The previous site was a templated site used by numerous Athletic Departments. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:30 pm

I guess I'm old (not as old as Berky :D) and I don't like change. I just find the new site harder to navigate. I'm pretty sure that this will all go away after a few weeks of using it.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:31 pm

Well I still can't get it to work at all. Can someone contact whoever is in charge of to get working?

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:44 pm

Berkman wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:44 am Recently the UMass Athletic Site was updated/revised. I did not like it. A friend of mine said that he could not access it. It worked for me until a couple of days ago and not it don't work for me. Whoever is in charge of it needs to get on the ball and fix it.
UM sent out an e-mail blast about it on January 12. Did you receive? Sometimes those are sent from a "no reply" address, but this one might actually go to someone real. Try sending feedback to:
[email protected]
I don't know for sure if that'll work, but it's worth a shot.

Not sure what you're experiencing, but I've been using the new site and haven't had much trouble.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:46 pm

Berkman wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:31 pm Well I still can't get it to work at all. Can someone contact whoever is in charge of to get working?

What Mike said above... hard for anyone other than you to relay the issues your dealing with to the Department.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:56 pm

Sheck wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:06 pm Dunno how much input the athletic department has with the site design. I think Learfield is in charge of that.
I think UM Athletics has some amount of choice in the design elements, but they are using Learfield's main platform. Learfield / Sidearm Sports powers ALL of the athletic sites of the A-15 member schools, and the league site itself. Seems like the league made a deal that all members used, whether or not they had a choice in the matter, I'm not sure about.

UMassAthletics.com used to be on a platform powered by CBS Sports, but that was changed several years ago.

Upstate10
Senior

Post by Upstate10 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:18 pm

Count me in as another who does not like the new site.