Thread for ESPN+ subscribers

Any other UMass sports talk? From Softball to Crew, find it in here.
Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Thread for ESPN+ subscribers

Post by Old Cage » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:02 pm

Here's an experiment: I would like to know when UMass events will be live on ESPN+. I think that several of us have signed up for the $4.99 a month plan because of a recent football game of ours being streamed there, and the expectation of other major and minor sports appearing there.

I'll start, and let's see if there is interest in keeping it going. If no interest, so be it.

Today, Thursday (9/27) @ 4 PM: UMass W Soccer vs. Bonnies at home.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Re: Thread for ESPN+ subscribers

Post by Old Cage » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:27 pm

^ I looked in at the game a few times. We won 1-0, with the shots on goal 11 to 1 for the Minutewomen. They are now 8-2-0 and 3-0-0 in the A-10.
"Jack didn’t have any envy in him," Calipari said. "He was the greatest coach to ever coach here."

Hall of Fame

Post by 78 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Women's soccer has won 7 in a row...looks like another solid coaching hire by Bamford.

There will be lots of A10 stuff on ESPN+:
Beginning with the 2018-19 athletic season, ESPN+ will be the home of all digital-only Atlantic 10 home events. This includes all men’s and women’s basketball games not televised, as well as all home Olympic sport events that are streamed. ESPN+ will also be the exclusive home to all A-10 Olympic Sport championship events and the digital platform will carry the first round of the men’s basketball championship (two games) and the women’s basketball quarterfinals (four games). This will supplement ESPN’s coverage of Atlantic 10 men’s and women’s basketball regular season games through the existing linear television partnership. An ESPN’s linear network will continue to air the A-10 Championship final of the women’s championship.

Here's a link to the UMass live stuff coming up. http://www.espn.com/watch/search/umass
Bamford has erased McCutcheon

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:39 am

78 - Thanks for the link. That's terrific. I looked for a UMass page, but didn't find it.

A reminder for all - football is there tomorrow.

Swampy
Hall of Fame

Post by Swampy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Ali/Frazier III today.
Those were the days.
"How tall are you? So I can know in advance how far to step back when you fall down!"

Old Cage
Hall of Fame

Post by Old Cage » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Field hockey going to overtime right now in A-10 semis on ESPN+. 2-2 with VCU.

Edit: Lost in double overtime.