AD Ryan Bamford

Any other UMass sports talk? From Softball to Crew, find it in here.
PreecherJenkins
Senior

Re: AD Ryan Bamford

Post by PreecherJenkins » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:01 am

SignMan wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:40 am ^^, ^^^, ^^^^

Dave Biancamano...

I have been "working with" Dave as my Athletics Development #1 contact.
I suggest, if interested, reach out to him, and feel free to mention SWM recommended so.

RE: personalities
everyone is different, thank goodness.

Dave, nice guy, who will respond to you, is not Tim nor Garrett.
However, just mentioning Rocco's name in the same sentence as anyone else is ... duh, are you serious?

Watching paint dry has more personality than Rocco had @ UM.
No one has the personality and warmth of a Tim Kenney. Best of the Best. Also, an amazing homer radio announcer.
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

JUST SAY NO TO THE MAC

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:06 am

^

Agreed... still have no idea why he was let go at Bona, but it would be great if he could somehow get back here.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

vanmeter
Hall of Fame

Post by vanmeter » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Tim Kenney losing his job was a travesty.

Also, despite signman not liking Rocco, he was appointed this March as Athletic Director at UC Davis. He must have impressed someone there in his 4 or 5 years as an assistant AD.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:44 pm

Bringing this back to the top, sort of. I need not say another word.
Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
5h
Providence AD Bob Driscoll will retire in June, per release.

KahunaK
Senior

Post by KahunaK » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:35 am

vanmeter wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:22 pm
Also, despite signman not liking Rocco, he was appointed this March as Athletic Director at UC Davis. He must have impressed someone there in his 4 or 5 years as an assistant AD.
I didn't know Rocco really but he helped and supported me more than anyone else at UMASS (including the AA) in my attempts to organize the DC Alums. I was sad to see him go.

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:17 am

^ as brief as possible... when Whip came back, I received a letter, with a Whip signature or copy of it, inviting me to join the GIC BOD. I readily offered, with great enthusiasm, to do it. Weeks, months passed and I was ignored...no response. People told me Rocco wasin charge. I approached him and got absolutely nothing back from him, other than telling me to do nothing, after coming up with something he called the GIC Advisory Group...where they put a bunch of alums on it who they refused to put of the Board because they were not former jocks. I was put on the Membership Committee via the "Advisory" ( no advice was ever sought or listened to when offered). When I implemented my own plans re Membership, becuase they had no plan for it, I did a 2 month test run, that was very successful, they (Rocco) refused to consider it and asked me to stop (getting a nice stream of new Members)... Rocco actually called me to ask me to stop trying to get new Members for the GIC.
It was difficult to like someone like that.
I moved on, found much more peace of mind elsewhere, along with significantly lower BP.
end of SMs Rocco story...
I am not allowed to bring it up at home and will never again here...just wanted to clear the air after seeing these newer posts.
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!

SignMan
Hall of Fame

Post by SignMan » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:05 pm

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/i ... 0396842100

a listen-back 4 yrs ago...
if you don't want to listen to all of it, start around 6:15
The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection: REBOUND!