OK GUYS (And Gals)- Important

Get ready for some MACtion
jj
The Dude

OK GUYS (And Gals)- Important

Post by jj » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:14 pm

If you came to the site this morning and were frozen out, you're aware that UMASSHoops.com blew away the bandwidth limit this month. I just took a substantial out of pocket hit to get this thing unfrozen and back running so that you all can get back to posting.

Mike and I are in the process of figuring out some new levels to keep this thing running, but two things are going to have to change:

1- Users posting useless crap just for the sake of posting and running up their post count. I'm not mentioning names, but you probably have a good idea of who you are. The final call is up to Mike, but I'd like to see those of you who are posting up a storm and not contributing a dime to this endeavor deactivated from the site. That brings me to item #2....

2- Donations. This site exists out of the graciousness of Mike Fetterer. He has footed the bill since day one in addition to doing all of the updates that make this site what it is. I eat a pretty good chunk of cash yearly as well, as I keep Mike's server costs way below market levels. That's my contribution as a UMASS fan and someone who appreciates Mikes work. I highly encourage everyone here to make a donation, and to not forget what this site means to you. If you were lost this morning without it, think about what that would be like on a permanent basis. Donations are something that we're going to monitor, and if enough help isn't coming in, then something has to give. Mike has resisted the big outfits like Rivals for a long time. I personally can't stand that format, and if you can't either, you should think long and hard about helping out here.

End of rant, guys. Please do what you can to help this board and website remain in its current form.

Jay

jj
The Dude

Post by jj » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:01 pm

Going to ask everyone to follow this one here:

http://umasshoops.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=8058