2023 Game 2: at Auburn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
User avatar
Quann
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2418
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: Hopkinton, MA

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by Quann » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:25 am

Yeah, not much else to say but that we were probably lucky to play NMSU in Week 0.

stevemaz
Senior
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:23 am

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by stevemaz » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:46 pm

Quann wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:25 am Yeah, not much else to say but that we were probably lucky to play NMSU in Week 0.
I think you are vastly underrating how good our offense was going to be. they were very good through 1st drive of the Auburn game. we might have beaten Auburn too

ZooMass84
Senior
Posts: 1279
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by ZooMass84 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:19 pm

inthescoop wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:51 pm Holy moly! What a turnaround by New Mexico State.. nothing but respect.
just gets me that we played Auburn #2 game.If we had Puma healthy all year we'd be going to a bowl....Watched every snap of the NMSU Auburn game and Auburn got manhandled

ZooMass84
Senior
Posts: 1279
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by ZooMass84 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:21 pm

classof60 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:24 pm How do we beat New Mexixo St and get blown out by Auburn yet today NMSt beat Auburn by 21?
Easy answer: We were totally healthy and fresh and had a healthy Puma/KLA/Billy Wooden etc.

User avatar
Quann
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2418
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: Hopkinton, MA

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by Quann » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:24 am

Injuries happen to every team in college football. Stop it. We are what our record is.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame
Posts: 5543
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:34 pm
Location: Western MA

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by eldonabe » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:20 am

Quann wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:24 am Injuries happen to every team in college football. Stop it. We are what our record is.
Thank you Dennis!

dennisdent
Senior
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sun May 04, 2003 7:18 pm
Location: Too close to the Beltway

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by dennisdent » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:50 am

^Wasn't me but I agree with the comment.

inthescoop
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4823
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:40 pm
Location: NYC

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by inthescoop » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:59 am

Quann wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:24 am Injuries happen to every team in college football. Stop it. We are what our record is.
1000% - so many bogus IF that, IF this, comments here.

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 17490
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:16 am

If... then... else.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

stevemaz
Senior
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:23 am

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by stevemaz » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:18 am

Quann wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:24 am Injuries happen to every team in college football. Stop it. We are what our record is.
This is just a dumbass statement.. An injury to a QB can be devastating to a season and they dont happen to every college team...

stevemaz
Senior
Posts: 1554
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:23 am

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by stevemaz » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:20 am

inthescoop wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:59 am
Quann wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:24 am Injuries happen to every team in college football. Stop it. We are what our record is.
1000% - so many bogus IF that, IF this, comments here.
This is also a dumbass statement.. QB by far is the most important position in sports so an if that, if this statement is legimate when an injury happens to a teams QB.. ask Bengals fans..

inthescoop
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4823
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:40 pm
Location: NYC

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by inthescoop » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:43 am

stevemaz wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:20 am
inthescoop wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:59 am
Quann wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:24 am Injuries happen to every team in college football. Stop it. We are what our record is.
1000% - so many bogus IF that, IF this, comments here.
This is also a dumbass statement.. QB by far is the most important position in sports so an if that, if this statement is legimate when an injury happens to a teams QB.. ask Bengals fans..
The same Puma who threw 25 yards against Penn State or the same Puma who threw 104 yards against Merrimack? I'm just saying that fans here are overrating him, "oh if Puma played we would have definitely won that game". That's a "la la land" mentality. Carlos Davis is the only QB who threw over 300 yards this year.

User avatar
InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame
Posts: 17490
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:32 am
Location: Milford, MA
Contact:

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:51 am

I'm in the camp that thinks the season plays out a bit differently if he isn't injured vs Auburn, but I'm not going to dwell on it... these things happen.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

User avatar
Quann
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2418
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: Hopkinton, MA

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by Quann » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:01 pm

inthescoop wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:43 am
stevemaz wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:20 am
inthescoop wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:59 am

1000% - so many bogus IF that, IF this, comments here.
This is also a dumbass statement.. QB by far is the most important position in sports so an if that, if this statement is legimate when an injury happens to a teams QB.. ask Bengals fans..
The same Puma who threw 25 yards against Penn State or the same Puma who threw 104 yards against Merrimack? I'm just saying that fans here are overrating him, "oh if Puma played we would have definitely won that game". That's a "la la land" mentality. Carlos Davis is the only QB who threw over 300 yards this year.
I was going say exactly this inthescoop, Davis played pretty well in Puma’s absence. There was a small drop off but it wasn’t that big. SteveMaz is turning Puma into Caleb Williams.

I would say if you are talking injuries, our secondary getting decimated was far and away the biggest factor to us being unable to compete. Our defense fell apart for a few games. But again, that happens, you need to find guys to step up and maybe change your coaching schemes to suit the backups talent level.

Camby4Life
Senior
Posts: 1464
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:00 am
Location: South Boston

Re: 2023 Game 2: at Auburn

Post by Camby4Life » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:05 pm

stevemaz wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:18 am
Quann wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:24 am Injuries happen to every team in college football. Stop it. We are what our record is.
This is just a dumbass statement.. An injury to a QB can be devastating to a season and they dont happen to every college team...
This is hilarious, Steve maz calling out dumbass statements. Did you and Zoomass watch our defense giving up 40 ppg all year long? You guys are so caught up in this Puma injury, it’s tough to win a bunch of games when the defense blows all year.

Post Reply