UAB

Get ready for some MACtion
Cahoonaville
Senior

Re: UAB

Post by Cahoonaville » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:05 am

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:46 pm
e_parade wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:14 pm A quicker way to get a new stadium is to have one of the forum members here win the lottery next time it's in the billions. I can't wait to get back to campus to see "Innervisions Stadium"

I've got my Mega Millions ticket for tonight.......

I think we'd have to find another name, though... might be some copyright issues with using Innervisions :lol:

Son of a bitch, you are a gambler!!!! Word for the weary.....

https://wonderopolis.org/wonder/what-ar ... he-lottery
Alex Guerrero, my HERO!!!!

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:58 pm

Quann wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:53 am ^^^^
My point was, I don't think you need a new stadium. In using Army, I just meant that the gameday facility is really nice and if we had something even at half the capacity but constructed like that, I'd be ecstatic. You can build off the original bones of the old stadium. It's probably a lot cheaper than breaking ground on a brand new stadium and I think you can get a top notch facility with all the training facilities, etc. integrated into an upgraded McGuirk or near the stadium. The Gators stadium in Gainesville was a small stadium much like McGuirk back in the day (I know the pictures of it have been posted on this board somewhere) before they expanded.
Agreed!!! Don't need it nor is it necessary. Unless some alum with $50M or Marty Jacobson leaves UMass a ton of $$$$ in his will or trust, it's not happening. Let's sell out/fill the current one. I've said it a million times: we're not going back to FCS (or drop football even though I'd love to for 12 Saturdays in the fall). There is way too much money being budgeted and spent and distributed as an FBS team. What Dumb User Name (and his alter ego Max Page) fail to grasp is that fortunately (or unfortunately) money is and has never been an issue for UMass football. The salaries for the coaching staff are many times what they were in 1AA. that said, I would love just 1 or 2 wins in 2023. forget a bowl game or winning record. UAB was in a unique situation in that they were a branch of Univ of Alabama and the flagship wanted them without football. In our situation, we are the flagship. Just google "UMass football crosses the Rubicon" and you'll know the deal.

econalum
Hall of Fame

Post by econalum » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:01 pm

UAB succeeded due to both the Alabama fans being nuts for college FB and there is effectively no Pro competition. It is illustrative of nothing relevant to UMass.
Feeling entitled is JUST a feeling...

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:05 pm

Bay Area UMie put it best when he said the problems were "structural". All factors have to be right for us to win a game: home game preferably, visitor team flying across the country after playing a week earlier, most importantly: competent coaches; favorable schedule with no P5 body bag games in the beginning of the season.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:11 pm

econalum wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:01 pm UAB succeeded due to both the Alabama fans being nuts for college FB and there is effectively no Pro competition. It is illustrative of nothing relevant to UMass.
Like I said "unique". We are the inverse of that except finances have NEVER been an issue. See Univ of Idaho. They voluntarily dropped down. What I said was true of UAB. They temporarily dropped football from pressure from the Univ of Alabama System. See my post before this one. UMass Crosses the Rubicon was written in 2012. It's true today also.
I usually donate end of year to UMass Football along with other charities but it's really hard after winning 3 games out of 40; 3 in 4 seasons.

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:05 pm

ZooMass84 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:58 pm ….What Dumb User Name (and his alter ego Max Page) fail to grasp …..
You're starting to creep the shit out of me. Seriously, dude.