Get ready for some MACtion
minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Re: 2023 Season

Post by minutefanjsf » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:07 pm

PreecherJenkins wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:52 pm
minutefanjsf wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:04 am
PreecherJenkins wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:59 am

45 years of coaching and this was the best offensive coordinator he can find? unreal
45 years and friends doesn’t mean they want a massive pay cut to come to arguably the worst offensive college football team. The timing also had many of his friends in jobs already, most likely.
So explain to me how the timing will be any different when he fires him now compared to last year's timing? There are plenty of guys who know a guy who will work for what UMass will pay em?
I misunderstood your post as Dennis pointed out. I was under the impression you were saying he had enough “friends” and you were implying he was to hire a “friend” like Casula, and my point is that most of DB’s “friends” wouldn’t want the pay cut. In terms of the timing, DB had to keep his hiring under wraps and therefore was hindered a bit in hiring. My hope is that he has been planning to move on from Casula for a while and has been actively searching, thus there has been more time to find someone. He definitely can and should use his connections to find an up and comer who will take the job.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:10 pm

minutefanjsf wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:07 pm
PreecherJenkins wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:52 pm
minutefanjsf wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:04 am
45 years and friends doesn’t mean they want a massive pay cut to come to arguably the worst offensive college football team. The timing also had many of his friends in jobs already, most likely.
So explain to me how the timing will be any different when he fires him now compared to last year's timing? There are plenty of guys who know a guy who will work for what UMass will pay em?
I misunderstood your post as Dennis pointed out. I was under the impression you were saying he had enough “friends” and you were implying he was to hire a “friend” like Casula, and my point is that most of DB’s “friends” wouldn’t want the pay cut. In terms of the timing, DB had to keep his hiring under wraps and therefore was hindered a bit in hiring. My hope is that he has been planning to move on from Casula for a while and has been actively searching, thus there has been more time to find someone. He definitely can and should use his connections to find an up and comer who will take the job.
One person he should consider, and not just because he is an alum, is Scott Woodward. Woody is a smart dude and is on his way up. He knows Whip and Coen’s offenses as well as the offense he played in under DB.

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:50 pm

Remember this, ha ha ha!
Fight Massachusetts
@FightMA247
·
Aug 31
UMass lands bowl rights agreement with ESPN

inthescoop
Hall of Fame

Post by inthescoop » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:50 pm

^jokes on you if you expected anything in one season

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:25 pm

Coach Prime (Deion Sanders) :lol: meeting with the CU team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Io3jCH5bU

This is what I was hoping we were getting at UMass with DB. Instead we are getting a nice old grandfather DB, not the DB from his two other times at UMass. Hopefully the other DB comes back in 2023...

Carvel, Verdi and and now Martin, have no problem telling the players the same thing that Sanders does in this video.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:00 pm

dennisdent wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:25 pm Coach Prime (Deion Sanders) :lol: meeting with the CU team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2Io3jCH5bU

This is what I was hoping we were getting at UMass with DB. Instead we are getting a nice old grandfather DB, not the DB from his two other times at UMass. Hopefully the other DB comes back in 2023...

Carvel, Verdi and and now Martin, have no problem telling the players the same thing that Sanders does in this video.
From what I heard and saw, and the amount of players leaving, and coming, I don’t think DB’s message was too far off from this. His passion for UMass and the fact that he said he doesn’t lose here still gives me hope.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:14 pm

There is more to talk about now than during the regular season..... :wink:

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:30 pm

Might be sad news: Looks like Casula isn't leaving as he is out making offers to new recruits. I truly feel that keeping him is a mistake but its DB and Bamford's call.

If he comes back and the offense plays like it did this past season, I'm done with UMass football. No more donations to the Minuteman Club. I know I'm just one person but that will be it for me.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:05 pm

dennisdent wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:30 pm Might be sad news: Looks like Casula isn't leaving as he is out making offers to new recruits. I truly feel that keeping him is a mistake but its DB and Bamford's call.

If he comes back and the offense plays like it did this past season, I'm done with UMass football. No more donations to the Minuteman Club. I know I'm just one person but that will be it for me.
I already emailed Bamford with those sentiments. Since it looks like he'll be back we'll go 0-12. I'd rather drop football than go back to FCS. We've won 3 games in the last 40 games.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:13 pm

TheInsider wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:38 am Casula been fired yet?? If not, it's going to be a tough sell to convince guys in the portal to come play for the architect of the worst offense in FBS.
Knowing UMass, they'll keep him. I'll be truthful: we won 3 games in 40 attempts in the last 4 YEARS!!!! I really wish they would just drop football. I emailed Bamford when Bell was "coach" and he told me the same nonsense: "there's a process, we're getting the 'right' players" etc. It would be so great if the NCAA stepped in and did a "mercy killing".

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:08 pm

ZooMass84 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:05 pm
dennisdent wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:30 pm Might be sad news: Looks like Casula isn't leaving as he is out making offers to new recruits. I truly feel that keeping him is a mistake but its DB and Bamford's call.

I already emailed Bamford with those sentiments. Since it looks like he'll be back we'll go 0-12. I'd rather drop football than go back to FCS. We've won 3 games in the last 40 games.

If they lose to Merrimack and go 0 - 12... All I know is I will be gone. Hopefully it doesn't happen and they bring in some good players and start turnings this around.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:04 am

dennisdent wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:08 pm

If they lose to Merrimack and go 0 - 12... All I know is I will be gone. Hopefully it doesn't happen and they bring in some good players and start turnings this around.
We're 190 out of 260 division 1 teams. Was so happy we moved up in 2012 but had I known it would wind up like this I would have supported Max Page. But he feared UMass football would get so large and successful that we would have to build a new stadium.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:07 am

This is going to sound nuts but when Coach Gomer was busy getting blown out of games for 3 years, Bamford was just going along with it and now DB is almost doing the same thing. 3 wins in 40 games is pitiful.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:37 am

You two are bad fans and CLEARLY don't know what you are talking about...... the 2022 Minuteman Football program was Markedly improved from the 2019-2021 teams....... MARKEDLY IMPROVED FFS!

The sad thing is that this program [almost] cannot go any lower, meaning they only have one direction to go. ANY improvement by percentage will be HUUUUGE and some jackoffs [no pun intended] here will boast all over that. If they win just 2 games - they will win TWICE AS MANY as last year..... do you know what that is? A Marked Improvement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all need to stop playing checkers while Jack is playing chess! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:28 am

eldonabe wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:37 am

You two are bad fans and CLEARLY don't know what you are talking about...... the 2022 Minuteman Football program was Markedly improved from the 2019-2021 teams....... MARKEDLY IMPROVED FFS!

The sad thing is that this program [almost] cannot go any lower, meaning they only have one direction to go. ANY improvement by percentage will be HUUUUGE and some jackoffs [no pun intended] here will boast all over that. If they win just 2 games - they will win TWICE AS MANY as last year..... do you know what that is? A Marked Improvement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all need to stop playing checkers while Jack is playing chess! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eldon,

there are three things wrong about what you said:
1) bad fans- I go to games, follow on the TV (NESN) but they are not there anymore so WCRN, AND DONATE!!!
2) Marked improvement- we are SRS -19.38 compared to -21.27 last year (2021). its slightly better
3) Cannot go any lower- that is false. sorry but we actually can. we're 190 out of 261. yes we can go to 261.

How many hundreds or thousands of posts have I made between this board and the other and emailing Bamford have I done? I want to us to do well in football but after 11 years of losing its obvious. The one saving grace is Massachusetts is the second richest state so there is basically infinite money to keep this debacle going. like DD said, if we lose to Merrimack then he's gone. right now they would kick our ass. GET RID OF CASULA NOW. 55 yard TD called back because of illegal formation??? THAT IS UNFORGIVABLE. the WR didn't check the line of scrimmage. what we paying the coaches to do? lose, apparently.