Army and Thanksgiving week

Get ready for some MACtion
ZooMass84
Senior

Re: Army and Thanksgiving week

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:53 pm

If there is a God then there will be a PR at 5pm that casula has been let go.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:02 pm

44-7 didn’t cover over/under went over Sports Chat Place and Action network both had the under. Without a doubt umass football players tried hard. Coaching was not only non existent but hindered them. Bringing in campiotti at the goal line killed Olson’s momentum. What did they think it was New Orleans and Taysum Hill? This team reminds me of the Houston Texans: mostly bad players and constantly penalized. Thank God this season is over. 55 yard TD called back. 1st and goal from the 1 and couldn’t score for Christ’s sake. Blew 10-0 lead over NMSU then 4th and 3 and we punt late in the game from deep in the NMSU end.
Last edited by ZooMass84 on Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:13 pm

Team played so much better last season against a better Army team. Not sure what happened but just a really bad football team. Olson is beyond bad and the worst UMass QB I have ever seen. Not blaming him for the game or season, just that he isn't the answer for the future of UMass football.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:19 pm

dennisdent wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:13 pm Team played so much better last season against a better Army team. Not sure what happened but just a really bad football team. Olson is beyond bad and the worst UMass QB I have ever seen. Not blaming him for the game or season, just that he isn't the answer for the future of UMass football.
There’s always those Pro Bowlers campiotti and zamar wise. I’ll be honest: until we get a legitimate QB and OC, this will go on infinitely, I’m sorry I have to vent. The kids tried all year long example ark state and Texas a&m and losing by a TD to EMU.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:21 pm

dennisdent wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:13 pm Team played so much better last season against a better Army team. Not sure what happened but just a really bad football team. Olson is beyond bad and the worst UMass QB I have ever seen. Not blaming him for the game or season, just that he isn't the answer for the future of UMass football.
They are the FBS version of the Houston Texans

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:26 pm

ZooMass84 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:19 pm
There’s always those Pro Bowlers campiotti and zamar wise. I’ll be honest: until we get a legitimate QB and OC, this will go on infinitely, I’m sorry I have to vent. The kids tried all year long example ark state and Texas a&m and losing by a TD to EMU.
Right with you brother! They tried hard but no talent and bad coaching=worst team in FBS football. I'm sorry but DB better step up his coaching game this off season.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:45 pm

dennisdent wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:26 pm
Right with you brother! They tried hard but no talent and bad coaching=worst team in FBS football. I'm sorry but DB better step up his coaching game this off season.
I have to ask you: until we bring in former 4 star and 5 star guys who have booted from their former teams or pay these kids I don’t know through NIL or other deals we’ll always get more of the same? Is this inevitable? There is no doubt I respect and at the same time feel sorry for these kids. The URI game last year and we made their QB look like Lamar Jackson. The Maine and now NMSU game gave up 10-0 leads. 55 yard TD called back on a stupid procedural penalty. Ineligible receiver is a BASIC penalty, it wasn’t a subjective pass interference call.

kd68
Junior

Post by kd68 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:54 pm

I think we need a complete change in coaching. We are starting from scratch any way,

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:06 pm

They tried hard but no talent and bad coaching=worst team in FBS football. I'm sorry but DB better step up his coaching game this off season.
[/quote]

Playing your First team defense in the last five (5) minutes of the season does Absolutely Nothing toward player development; all is does is help the stats look better and fool some of the DB KoolAid Drinkers….should have been playing Red Shirts, since they wouldn’t impact their Red Shirt status; please tell me UM has Red Shirts 😁

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:22 pm

ZooMass84 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:02 pm 44-7 didn’t cover over/under went over Sports Chat Place and Action network both had the under. Without a doubt umass football players tried hard. Coaching was not only non existent but hindered them. Bringing in campiotti at the goal line killed Olson’s momentum. What did they think it was New Orleans and Taysum Hill? This team reminds me of the Houston Texans: mostly bad players and constantly penalized. Thank God this season is over. 55 yard TD called back. 1st and goal from the 1 and couldn’t score for Christ’s sake. Blew 10-0 lead over NMSU then 4th and 3 and we punt late in the game from deep in the NMSU end.
Playing to not get embarrassed didn’t work. At the end of the half we had three timeouts and were getting the ball with minute to go if timeouts were used. DB decided to not call TO. Fourth and five from the opponent 45 and punted. Bad decisions that show little to no faith in the players.

photoman
Senior

Post by photoman » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:07 pm

We played Army tight when we were 1AA.

PreecherJenkins
Senior

Post by PreecherJenkins » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:28 pm

ZooMass84 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:53 pm If there is a God then there will be a PR at 5pm that casula has been let go.
he been fired yet?
"You are what your record says you are" Coach Bill P.

JUST SAY NO TO THE MAC

RagingCager
Freshman

Post by RagingCager » Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:52 pm

Well, now that the season is finally over, I’ll throw my 2 cents into the wishing well too; when Don Brown was first named the new coach, my first thought was…. didn’t they try this already with a former D 1AA coach, current coordinator? ( and it didn’t work) The difference between the two was Whipple’s expertise was on the offensive side of the ball, and Brown’s on the defensive side… but the end result seemingly the same with each failing on the side of the ball not within their area of expertise…. although, to be fair, Whipple did have a level of accomplishment here in Div 1A that none of the others have equaled or surpassed. Sure, all the Brown apologists will blame the OC or the QB for all the offensive woes…. let’s make one thing clear…. the Head Coach is responsible for everything and everyone under his watch! Yea, it’s great to delegate, but you’re the one ultimately responsible for running the show!!!

And, of course, some will argue that a new coach needs time to right this badly listing ship…. Years!!! We’ve heard this before too, each and every time so far…. and yes, the end result has also been the same …., bottom ranked team in Div 1 A Football for 11 straight years! I personally believe that a highly capable, effective Head Coach can show clear signs of improvement as soon as they take over…. ( Jim Mora… UConn Football, Frank Martin… UMass Basketball); they get on the horn immediately to assemble their staff, and find players looking for a fresh start to help turn things around in their first season… sure, you’re not going to attain your ultimate goals in one year, but you should see more… much more…. than what transpired here this year. One win vs a low level Div 1 AA program is a very disappointing result, with a non competitive point differential, especially in the 2nd half of all the games.Some will argue that Coach Brown did affect change on the defensive side of the ball, although they were badly beaten by a one dimensional team today…. so maybe a legitimate argument can be made that Brown should be or could be the defensive coordinator of this team, and I would not disagree with that; but it also seems clear they need a new offensive coordinator, and perhaps a Head Coach better suited in overseeing the entire operation at this level given the state of affairs here with this program, and let Coach Brown do what he does best…. focus on the defense!

Just as the Head Coach is responsible for everything under his watch, and should be held accountable, so should the Athletic Director and entire Athletic Dept. To be fair, there are many accomplishments and programs within the dept that are sources of pride for the University…. Hockey, Women’s Basketball, and the new coaching change in Men’s Basketball, to name a few…. But when comes to the football program, the track record has not been good, and has been disappointing for all 11 years in Div 1A so far. I think it’s reasonable to say that help is needed and should be welcomed to get this program out of its perpetual rut. I, like many of you, have been a long time fan, and hope they continue in Div 1A Football, but with a renewed premise…. doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is a measure of insanity…. so time will tell where this latest installment of UMass Football ends up : knocking on the door of a bowl game, or getting wheeled through the doors of an insane asylum 🏈

photoman
Senior

Post by photoman » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:05 am

^thanks for taking the time to put into words what so many of us are thinking. There's also a huge talent gap on the field and it has to be closed.

stevemaz
Senior

Post by stevemaz » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:25 am

keep in mind that yesterday's game should have been 28-21 heading into the 4th qtr. Hire a good OC (preferably one that isnt married to the spread offense 100% of the time) and land a quality QB transfer to take the reigns are the two main goals for December. It will feel as if a light switch has been turned on. Let the countdown to the UMass SB Saturday on Oct 12, 2024 commence.