Game 10 Ark State

Get ready for some MACtion
photoman
Senior

Re: Game 10 Ark State

Post by photoman » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:29 pm

Don't believe Bill Parcels was the first to say it, but it's as true as ever. "When you throw the ball three things can happen, and two of them are bad."

69MG
Hall of Fame

Post by 69MG » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:33 pm

^ I'm pretty sure it was Woody Hayes at Ohio State. He wasn't a fan of the wide open game.

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:45 pm

Brady has had 2 different coaches with 2 different systems... still makes bad decisions. We dont have the luxury to have a QB that doesn't take care of the ball

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:48 am

Jack wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:59 pm
eldonabe wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:51 pm Considering all of the "marked improvements" that have been observed by some here I only expect to lose by 18-24 points.

A huge improvement from losing by 30-36 points......
Correct Elder One. ITs based on something called MATH - sorry - perhaps thats too difficult for you to conceptualize. :D Let's break it down to a level that you might understand: Less Points Allowed and Less Blowout Losses is called: IMPROVEMENT. Less Points Allowed = Good. More Points Allowed = Bad.

Please feel free to let me know if there are any other football concepts that you need help with. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is some more MATH for you Jack: 1-9 - are you able to "conceptualize" that? This team has lost to ALL of the other bottom 20 programs they have played this year. ALL OF THEM .

Math: Their 1 (single, only) win of the year was against an FCS team - StonyBrook - Here is some more Math:
- SB outgained UMass in total yards in the game
- SB had more offensive plays than Umass in the game
- SB averaged more YDS per play in the game

Umass has won a - one - single - only - game against an FBS team in the last 3 fucking years and 2 in the last 4 years. Is that enough MATH for you?

I love "markedly improved" losses exactly the same as any other losses - stop being such an arrogant asshole or fuck off and stop posting here. You are hanging your hat on Marked Improvement!!!!! For fuck sakes - THEY HAD BETTER IMPROVE - they literally have no other direction to go. Oh and all these improvements STILL leaves them as the #131 in the country - LAST.

That is akin to something "growing" from 1 to 2 and claiming a 100% improvement from prior - fastest growth ever....

I don't need you lecturing me on math. Go fuck yourself Jack.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:18 am

Good Morning Eldon,

Thank you for demonstrating that you need lecturing on civility, having a sense of humor and anger management.

This team is 1-9 and is markedly improved over last season. For some reason you're incapable of discussing that reality without blowing a gasket and using profanity and spewing vitriol from the safety of your keyboard. Instead of acting like an unhinged lunatic over a college football team perhaps you should consider going for a walk or taking up needlepoint. :lol:

Hope to see you at the Army game - Go UMass !!!!

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:29 am

Jack wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:18 am Good Morning Eldon,

Thank you for demonstrating that you need lecturing on civility, having a sense of humor and anger management.

This team is 1-9 and is markedly improved over last season. For some reason you're incapable of discussing that reality without blowing a gasket and using profanity and spewing vitriol from the safety of your keyboard. Instead of acting like an unhinged lunatic over a college football team perhaps you should consider going for a walk or taking up needlepoint. :lol:

Jack you are very condescending (to be kind) and nobody here needs to hear/read that from you. You can easily make your points without being superior about it. The simple fact that you cannot comprehend this is all we need to know about you.

I too can see some improvements but when those improvements still result in remaining as THE worst rated team in FBS is is little more than a dubious distinction. Instead, just keep telling everyone they are dumb and need math lessons though, because that will certainly validate your opinions on here :roll:.

I am pretty sure I won't see you at the game as I do not sit in the high horse seats - and that is fine stay in your ivory tower we don't need to listen to you try to poorly relate to the peasants.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:00 am

eldonabe wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:29 am
Jack wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:18 am Good Morning Eldon,

Jack you are very condescending (to be kind) and nobody here needs to hear/read that from you. You can easily make your points without being superior about it. The simple fact that you cannot comprehend this is all we need to know about you.

I too can see some improvements but when those improvements still result in remaining as THE worst rated team in FBS is is little more than a dubious distinction. Instead, just keep telling everyone they are dumb and need math lessons though, because that will certainly validate your opinions on here :roll:.

I am pretty sure I won't see you at the game as I do not sit in the high horse seats - and that is fine stay in your ivory tower we don't need to listen to you try to poorly relate to the peasants.
Newsflash Eldon: You aren't being kind. Not even close. I don't agree with your opinion about the relative improvement of the UMass football team. I think the team has clearly improved under Coach Brown.

Apparently thats a major problem for you. Apparently I'm not allowed to express an opinion that the great Eldon disagrees w/o being subject to personal attacks from Eldon. So you blow a gasket and start with idiotic personal attacks. Which you have done before with others on this Board and refused to even apologize for because in your own mind you can do no wrong and nobody is allowed to disagree with your opinions. You need to lighten up and learn to laugh and accept the fact that there are many different ways to look at things and we're not all required to agree w/your view. :lol:

p.s. I'm not really sure what you mean by "high horse seats" I sit in Section 7. is that a "high horse" seating area in your view?

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:32 am

Ok Jack - just keep being Jack.

Just for the record, many share my opinion of your demeanor on this board regarding football - and I know that many do not like or agree with mine demeanor; however I know what I am here while you do not. Clearly you do not like being personally attacked - perhaps you can use that example to look and see how others here do not like being down upon?

I am an asshole - I know that.
You are an elitist - you seem very unaware of that.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:38 am

Jack wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:59 pm
eldonabe wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:51 pm Considering all of the "marked improvements" that have been observed by some here I only expect to lose by 18-24 points.

A huge improvement from losing by 30-36 points......
Correct Elder One. ITs based on something called MATH - sorry - perhaps thats too difficult for you to conceptualize. :D Let's break it down to a level that you might understand: Less Points Allowed and Less Blowout Losses is called: IMPROVEMENT. Less Points Allowed = Good. More Points Allowed = Bad.

Please feel free to let me know if there are any other football concepts that you need help with. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jack - Please tone it down with the insults. There are always differences of opinion, but there's no need to drag the discussion into the mud.

MikeUMA
Site Admin

Post by MikeUMA » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:46 am

eldonabe wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:48 am I don't need you lecturing me on math. Go fuck yourself Jack.
We don't need this either.

Take the mudslinging to Private Messages, or better yet, just not do it.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:59 am

eldonabe wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:32 am Ok Jack - just keep being Jack.

Just for the record, many share my opinion of your demeanor on this board regarding football - and I know that many do not like or agree with mine demeanor; however I know what I am here while you do not. Clearly you do not like being personally attacked - perhaps you can use that example to look and see how others here do not like being down upon?

I am an asshole - I know that.
You are an elitist - you seem very unaware of that.
Eldon here's a tip: Stop pretending that you know a damned thing about me because you don't and you seem hilariously unaware of that. In terms of the personal attacks and insults that you feel compelled to use this board for - if you have a problem with me, feel free to send me a private message. I will respond to you if you want to have a civilized discussion.

Floyd
Hall of Fame

Post by Floyd » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:33 pm

U guys swap christmas presents?
Time to Win

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:42 pm

Floyd wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:33 pm U guys swap christmas presents?
Absolutely, I'm hoping for something wicked elitist. :lol:

Umass_Minuteman
Sophomore

Post by Umass_Minuteman » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:01 pm

Can we please keep this thread about what it’s supposed to be which is how bad our football program is and avoid personal disputes
UConn 59
UMass 61

December 9, 2004
William D. Mullins Center
University of Massachusetts
9,043 on hand (myself included)

e_parade
Senior

Post by e_parade » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:55 pm

Umass_Minuteman wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:01 pm Can we please keep this thread about what it’s supposed to be which is how bad our football program is and avoid personal disputes
Sure.

Half of our passing TDs on the season happened in this game. That's not really something you want to be able to say after 10 games, but hey: 33 points on the game is an improvement.