Game 9: @ UConn

Get ready for some MACtion
dennisdent
Senior

Re: Game 9: @ UConn

Post by dennisdent » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:21 pm

JoleonLescottsHair wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:53 pm
Jack wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:17 pm The Revisionist historians in here are laughable. Whipple had the program progressing towards respectability - but Whipple was not PC enough for Bamford, so Bamford idiotically replaced Whipple w/Bell who predictably totally sucked and immediately caused the program to regress in all facets. So Bamford got smart for a minute and brought in Don Brown who has markedly improved the program in less than 1 year. Now b/c Brown isn't a miracle worker.... the football einsteins on here suggest that Brown s/b replaced....... :lol: :lol: :lol: Best of luck building a program by not supporting good coaches like DB...Hey lets bring back Molnar or Morris....... LOL !!!!!!
I don’t ever think a coach should be fired after one year. I think very few here do. More amusingly, Jack, who here is a revisionist historian? And what have these revisionists gotten so wrong about our recent FBS history or even our program history dating further back? Please be specific in your answer by supporting with examples and facts. Show your work. Thanks.
There isn't one post on here saying that Don Brown should be fired or anything related "revisionist historians." Also, this program has not "markedly improved" from last season and none of us thought it would in year one after the mess Bell left the program. These type of posts are either trolling or a mentally unstable person, which as a UMass football fan, we all may be. :lol:

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:02 pm

^ yep.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:14 am

dennisdent wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:21 pm There isn't one post on here saying that Don Brown should be fired or anything related "revisionist historians." Also, this program has not "markedly improved" from last season and none of us thought it would in year one after the mess Bell left the program. These type of posts are either trolling or a mentally unstable person, which as a UMass football fan, we all may be. :lol:

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:44 am

dennisdent wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:21 pm
Jack wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:17 pm The Revisionist historians in here are laughable. Whipple had the program progressing towards respectability - but Whipple was not PC enough for Bamford, so Bamford idiotically replaced Whipple w/Bell who predictably totally sucked and immediately caused the program to regress in all facets. So Bamford got smart for a minute and brought in Don Brown who has markedly improved the program in less than 1 year. Now b/c Brown isn't a miracle worker.... the football einsteins on here suggest that Brown s/b replaced....... :lol: :lol: :lol: Best of luck building a program by not supporting good coaches like DB...Hey lets bring back Molnar or Morris....... LOL !!!!!!
I don’t ever think a coach should be fired after one year. I think very few here do. More amusingly, Jack, who here is a revisionist historian? And what have these revisionists gotten so wrong about our recent FBS history or even our program history dating further back? Please be specific in your answer by supporting with examples and facts. Show your work. Thanks.
There isn't one post on here saying that Don Brown should be fired or anything related "revisionist historians." Also, this program has not "markedly improved" from last season and none of us thought it would in year one after the mess Bell left the program. These type of posts are either trolling or a mentally unstable person, which as a UMass football fan, we all may be. :lol:
Agree to disagree DD as to marked improvement. The team is much better than it was last season when they were being keel hauled by the likes of NM State, Maine and URI. You also should consider what I actually stated instead of fabricating your own version. Putting that aside, I'll happily defer to your expertise regarding mentally unstable persons and whether we all qualify at this point.... . :lol: :lol: :lol:

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:48 am

Jack wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:44 am
dennisdent wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:21 pm
Agree to disagree DD as to marked improvement. The team is much better than it was last season when they were being keel hauled by the likes of NM State, Maine and URI. You also should consider what I actually stated instead of fabricating your own version. Putting that aside, I'll happily defer to your expertise regarding mentally unstable persons and whether we all qualify at this point.... . :lol: :lol: :lol:
The defense is markedly improved, the offense and ST are about the same. I agree. Frank posted some year over year comparisons on his blog today. http://umass74.blogspot.com

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:01 pm

No, the "PROGRAM" has not "markedly improved" this season against the easiest FBS schedule in the country https://fbschedules.com/college-footbal ... tate%20(5).

Yes, the defense has improved stats wise by giving up less points(10) per game but that has come with the cost of having the worst offense in FBS football as well as being the worst team, 131 in FBS football. Our peer schools, UConn and NMSU, with new coaches also, are still better PROGRAMS right now then UMass.

Things are better without Walt Bell, I'll give you that; but the PROGRAM is far from "markedly improved." The Walt Bell that you defended Jack, with your great football knowledge, is now ruining IU's offense as he did at UMass...

Jack you've been a toxic bully on here for years and I'm going to call you out on your bullshit every time you post on here attacking another poster.
Last edited by dennisdent on Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:28 pm

I am not a "moral victory" guy.

A "markedly improved" team at 1-11 versus a "markedly improved from" team at 1-11 are the same thing.....

2019 1-11
2020 0-4
2021 1-11
2022 1-8 (and about a 90% chance of going 1-11)

You can gloss up all the statistics around all those seasons all you want. 1-11 seasons all suck pretty equally.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:09 pm

"Stats are for losers," Belichick said. "The final score is for winners."

https://nesn.com/2009/12/bill-belichick ... or-losers/

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:12 pm

dennisdent wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:01 pm No, the "PROGRAM" has not "markedly improved" this season against against the easiest FBS schedule in the country https://fbschedules.com/college-footbal ... tate%20(5).

Yes, the defense has improved stats wise by giving up less points(10) per game but that has come with the cost of having the worst offense in FBS football as well as being the worst team, 131 in FBS football. Our peer schools, UConn and NMSU, with new coaches also, are still better PROGRAMS right now then UMass.

Things are better without Walt Bell, I'll give you that; but the PROGRAM is far from "markedly improved." The Walt Bell that you defended Jack, with your great football knowledge, is now ruining IU's offense as he did at UMass...

Jack you've been a toxic bully on here for years and I'm going to call you out on your bullshit every time you post on here attacking another poster.

Just ignore Jack. He is intellectually superior to everyone here in football knowledge - just ask him.

And as for you Jack - Nobody is asking for Brown to be fired..... Your buddy Whip could only do so much with what he had and he probably peaked out at 4-8. People don't fucking care about all your "statistical improvements" - they see a shitty 1 win team - WHICH STILL SUCKS - so get off your high horse you arrogant dick. ................... There you go being a dick again.....

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:20 pm

eldonabe wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:12 pm
dennisdent wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:01 pm No, the "PROGRAM" has not "markedly improved" this season against against the easiest FBS schedule in the country https://fbschedules.com/college-footbal ... tate%20(5).

Just ignore Jack. He is intellectually superior to everyone here in football knowledge - just ask him.

And as for you Jack - Nobody is asking for Brown to be fired..... Your buddy Whip could only do so much with what he had and he probably peaked out at 4-8. People don't fucking care about all your "statistical improvements" - they see a shitty 1 win team - WHICH STILL SUCKS - so get off your high horse you arrogant dick. There you go being a dick again.....
Thanks but I've tried that and I'm just tired of bullies like Jack thinking they can get away with shit on internet when they would NEVER talk this way to our faces. The name calling and asinine posts he makes against the rest of us has gone too far for me and I'll call him out when ever I see it on here.

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:25 pm

dennisdent wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:20 pm

And as for you Jack - Nobody is asking for Brown to be fired..... Your buddy Whip could only do so much with what he had and he probably peaked out at 4-8. People don't fucking care about all your "statistical improvements" - they see a shitty 1 win team - WHICH STILL SUCKS - so get off your high horse you arrogant dick. There you go being a dick again.....
Thanks but I've tried that and I'm just tired of bullies like Jack thinking they can get away with shit on internet when they would NEVER talk this way to our faces. The name calling and asinine posts he makes against the rest of us has gone too far for me and I'll call him out when ever I see it on here.
Cool with me dennis! If I may make a very obscure (and old) reference!

I'll be the Larry Zbyszko to your Tony Guerra
Last edited by eldonabe on Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:33 pm

eldonabe wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:25 pm
dennisdent wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:20 pm

Cool with me dennis! If I may make a very obscure (and old) reference!

I'll be the Larry Zabisko to your Tony Guerra
Please join me and I hope others do too! Mike doesn't want to police this community, so maybe we should do it for him. If Jack doesn't want to play nice and keep being a toxic bully, we all should ride him until he acts like a decent human or leaves here to troll elsewhere.

I'm done looking the other way Jack and will go after you EVERY time you start name calling other posters or belittling others. With Veterans day coming and being a proud veteran, I'm going to stop this on-line bully. :lol: :lol: :lol:

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:41 pm

eldonabe wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:25 pm Cool with me dennis! If I may make a very obscure (and old) reference!

Considering the reference, I think you meant Tony Garea?
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

eldonabe
Hall of Fame

Post by eldonabe » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:02 pm

InnervisionsUMASS wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:41 pm
eldonabe wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:25 pm Cool with me dennis! If I may make a very obscure (and old) reference!

Considering the reference, I think you meant Tony Garea?
Yes and thank you for the correction. I was massacring the spelling when I looked that up and did not get a good reference .

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:37 am

eldonabe wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:02 pm
Yes and thank you for the correction. I was massacring the spelling when I looked that up and did not get a good reference .

No worries, I got the reference but thought the spelling looked off... wanted to make sure it wasn't actually meaning something else as to not confuse others.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades