Game Seven: Buffalo

Get ready for some MACtion
TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Re: Game Seven: Buffalo

Post by TruBluMaroon » Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:22 pm

^ 404 yards to 165 after 3Q ; can you imagine what the score would be if they passed and kept giving UB the ball?
This offense makes the D stats look better than they are. They would be on the field so much longer.

kdogg8173
Senior

Post by kdogg8173 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:33 pm

They have 66 yards rushing for 2.1 per carry. I don’t think running is doing anything good for either side of the ball.

TruBluMaroon
Hall of Fame

Post by TruBluMaroon » Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:52 pm

Time of Possession……the only stat where UM is comparible today and most games.

capezona
Hall of Fame

Post by capezona » Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:56 pm

The Minutemen just can't put together sustained drives.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:04 pm

No pass defense.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:05 pm

Not even competitive this week. Brown will have to hit the transfer portal hard. Very little speed on the team and something is just missing from the players. It didn't feel this way under Whip...Casula is a terrible offensive coordinator! Wise is not a QB, couldn't throw one straight pass. Stayed to the average of one TD a game and not scoring in the 3rd....

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:19 pm

The fact that the offense hasn't improved tells you all you need to know about coaching on that side.. Mora and UConn have a legit shot at a bowl game with a TF Qb and virtually no healthy running backs.

photoman
Senior

Post by photoman » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:22 pm

Anyone who thinks we're not staring straight down the barrel at 1-11 hasn't watched these games. Also, anyone know anything about the Buffalo coach? Seemed to have a good handle on things when speaking at the field exit interview. Right mix of knowledge and intensity.

Berkman
Hall of Fame

Post by Berkman » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:10 pm

I think they said that he was an assistant with Dallas.

RagingCager
Freshman

Post by RagingCager » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:12 pm

After 10, 11 years trying to develop a Div1 A program, it’s sad, embarrassing, and pathetic to see this team continue to struggle to such a degree. This boring, generic, ineffective high school level running game offense is an insult and disservice to the players and fans …. at any college level, let alone Div 1A! I have been a long time fan since the 80s, and I’m sick and tired of hearing all the built in excuses every time a failed coaching regime is replaced, as if we’re moving up to 1A every time a new coach takes over…. If there is no foundation left in place to build on after 10, 11 years, something is clearly lacking in the development and accountability within and overseeing the program. I, like many others, wish Coach Brown the very best in turning this failed program around….but it’s hard to be highly optimistic after watching this offensive philosophy the last several weeks

photoman
Senior

Post by photoman » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:27 pm

^@Raging- You'll be accused of 'HATING" UMass for posting that. You're 100% dead on though. Fast-forward a bit and it'll be "Don Brown left such a (bleeping) mess here it'll take years to fix it!"

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:46 pm

RagingCager wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:12 pm After 10, 11 years trying to develop a Div1 A program, it’s sad, embarrassing, and pathetic to see this team continue to struggle to such a degree. This boring, generic, ineffective high school level running game offense is an insult and disservice to the players and fans …. at any college level, let alone Div 1A! I have been a long time fan since the 80s, and I’m sick and tired of hearing all the built in excuses every time a failed coaching regime is replaced, as if we’re moving up to 1A every time a new coach takes over…. If there is no foundation left in place to build on after 10, 11 years, something is clearly lacking in the development and accountability within and overseeing the program. I, like many others, wish Coach Brown the very best in turning this failed program around….but it’s hard to be highly optimistic after watching this offensive philosophy the last several weeks
Raging, we all share your thoughts but keep this in mind: our USNWR ranking has never been higher. Before econalum and other 1AA proponents say it would’ve happened anyway the fact is national flagship universities play FBS, not FCS. There isn’t one national flagship public university in the USNWR top 75 that plays FCS. Cal Irvine is not flagship. The coaches have jobs some of the kids get drafted and umass gets bigger FBS bodybag money than FCS body bag money.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:47 pm

photoman wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:27 pm ^@Raging- You'll be accused of 'HATING" UMass for posting that. You're 100% dead on though. Fast-forward a bit and it'll be "Don Brown left such a (bleeping) mess here it'll take years to fix it!"
He’s not a hater; outside of 2017 this program has sucked.

bottom line
Sophomore

Post by bottom line » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:54 pm

I was amazed at the size of the crowd today-best I have seen in quite a few years. If I remember correctly, Brown was fired at Michigan because his blitzing defense was getting beat on long pass plays. Some things don't change.

NDR18
Freshman

Post by NDR18 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:56 pm

RagingCager wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:12 pm After 10, 11 years trying to develop a Div1 A program, it’s sad, embarrassing, and pathetic to see this team continue to struggle to such a degree. This boring, generic, ineffective high school level running game offense is an insult and disservice to the players and fans …. at any college level, let alone Div 1A! I have been a long time fan since the 80s, and I’m sick and tired of hearing all the built in excuses every time a failed coaching regime is replaced, as if we’re moving up to 1A every time a new coach takes over…. If there is no foundation left in place to build on after 10, 11 years, something is clearly lacking in the development and accountability within and overseeing the program. I, like many others, wish Coach Brown the very best in turning this failed program around….but it’s hard to be highly optimistic after watching this offensive philosophy the last several weeks
photoman wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:27 pm ^@Raging- You'll be accused of 'HATING" UMass for posting that. You're 100% dead on though.
It must be discouraging as a player to take these beatings week and week out. This is the most ridiculous, predictable offensive. It’s really like beating a dead horse. Liberty at the moment is being challenged by Gardner Webb, a 2-4 team. Liberty, like just every other D1 team we’ve played this season beat us by at least 14 plus. The only win is over a 1 AA. and that my friends is the level we’re at. We are not a legit D1 program, sorry, but this is the reality we’re dealing with. It’s not anyone fault here, coaches or players. It’s unfortunately the state of the program. If I was a player being recruited or transferring, why would I want to play at Umass. I say all these thoughts as a loyal fan and alumni.