Game Seven: Buffalo

Get ready for some MACtion
dennisdent
Senior

Re: Game Seven: Buffalo

Post by dennisdent » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:21 pm

^
Great post. Casula coached at Ferris State, which is an Alabama or Ohio State of D2 with funding and better players then its opponents. At Michigan he wasn't even an on field coach. Brown thought he was getting an upcomer on the cheap. We see that the emperor has no clothes, when he doesn't have better players then the other teams. He's the freaking QB coach and never played QB or was a QB coach in his past jobs.

Rolling Ridge
Junior

Post by Rolling Ridge » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:36 pm

dennisdent wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:21 pm ^
Great post. Casula coached at Ferris State, which is an Alabama or Ohio State of D2 with funding and better players then its opponents. At Michigan he wasn't even an on field coach. Brown thought he was getting an upcomer on the cheap. We see that the emperor has no clothes, when he doesn't have better players then the other teams. He's the freaking QB coach and never played QB or was a QB coach in his past jobs.
Yikes. So, under this scenario, it's not so much a case of being "stubborn" about anything, but rather being clueless how to work with the talent he has in any capacity. If this is true, it might be better to cut bait with him now. Miller wasn't perfect, but I could see him doing at least this well with the offense, possibly much better. Is Casula considered a draw as a recruiter?

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:46 pm

Rolling Ridge wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:36 pm
Yikes. So, under this scenario, it's not so much a case of being "stubborn" about anything, but rather being clueless how to work with the talent he has in any capacity. If this is true, it might be better to cut bait with him now. Miller wasn't perfect, but I could see him doing at least this well with the offense, possibly much better. Is Casula considered a draw as a recruiter?
I had faith in Brown when he hired him but remember that Brown liked Kevin Morris too...Brown lucked out having an on field coach with Coen for four years at UMass. Coen covered up for Morris, when he was gone, Morris was exposed. If the team doesn't improve offensively in the next games, there is no way that Bamford would allow Casula to come back.

Rolling Ridge
Junior

Post by Rolling Ridge » Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:47 pm

dennisdent wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:46 pm I had faith in Brown when he hired him but remember that Brown liked Kevin Morris too...Brown lucked out having an on field coach with Coen for four years at UMass. Coen covered up for Morris, when he was gone, Morris was exposed. If the team doesn't improve offensively in the next games, there is no way that Bamford would allow Casula to come back.
Makes a whole lot more sense to me now. Thanks!

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:59 pm

Rolling Ridge wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:47 pm
dennisdent wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:46 pm I had faith in Brown when he hired him but remember that Brown liked Kevin Morris too...Brown lucked out having an on field coach with Coen for four years at UMass. Coen covered up for Morris, when he was gone, Morris was exposed. If the team doesn't improve offensively in the next games, there is no way that Bamford would allow Casula to come back.
Makes a whole lot more sense to me now. Thanks!
Big win Saturday vs NMSU!!!! Break out the prayer beads and candles!!!

tdmass
Senior

Post by tdmass » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:46 pm

We're 3 point dogs which means we will not have been favored in any game this year. I don't care as long as we find a way to win! UConn looks stronger and we'll be a tough task.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:41 pm

tdmass wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:46 pm We're 3 point dogs which means we will not have been favored in any game this year. I don't care as long as we find a way to win! UConn looks stronger and we'll be a tough task.
Sagarin is usually dead on!!!! Yeah he has us 3 pt losing but only 60% confidence. trust me on this one: if we play possessed, we get this one.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:26 pm

dennisdent wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:46 pm
Rolling Ridge wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:36 pm
I had faith in Brown when he hired him but remember that Brown liked Kevin Morris too...Brown lucked out having an on field coach with Coen for four years at UMass. Coen covered up for Morris, when he was gone, Morris was exposed. If the team doesn't improve offensively in the next games, there is no way that Bamford would allow Casula to come back.
KMo was a horrible HC. He was above average as an OC. He almost beat Michigan. He is also responsible for the bottom falling out right before the jump to FBS. He had no instructional control, couldn’t manage the program, couldn’t recruit a QB, couldn’t coach in game as the main guy, etc. kMo was better than Casula at this point.

InnervisionsUMASS
Hall of Fame

Post by InnervisionsUMASS » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:27 am

Morris was fine as an OC.. he was the type that succeeded when he stayed in his lane doing what he was good at, simple as that. The positive comments about him end there.
Stop waiting for UMass to do something big and help UMass do something big. - Shades

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:23 pm

Liam Coen was the reason Morris had any success at UMass as an OC. Fourteen years later one is the OC for the defending Super Bowl Champion and the other is out of football...

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:54 pm

dennisdent wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:23 pm Liam Coen was the reason Morris had any success at UMass as an OC. Fourteen years later one is the OC for the defending Super Bowl Champion and the other is out of football...
Liam was a fantastic player and is a great OC. He was not both while he was at UMass. He definitely made KMo a better OC.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:16 pm

^Where was it written that he was "both" at UMass??? :roll: :roll: Do you even remember watching Coen run the offense--he was like having another coach on the field--NOT THE OC!!! Having one of the best QBs in UMass football history and a great offensive mind, covered-up for Morris and his mediocracy as an OC.

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:10 pm

dennisdent wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:16 pm ^Where was it written that he was "both" at UMass??? :roll: :roll: Do you even remember watching Coen run the offense--he was like having another coach on the field--NOT THE OC!!! Having one of the best QBs in UMass football history and a great offensive mind, covered-up for Morris and his mediocracy as an OC.
You can’t have it both ways. How does Coen’s mind overcome or cover up for KMo if Coen wasn’t involved in coordinating? Wouldn’t Coen’s success be attributable to KMo designing plays that worked? Yes Liam was one of the best QBs in UMass history. No debate at all. I am not and never will say KMo was an upper echelon or elite OC and am not trying to imply that. I do remember Coen. And yes he was great. What you are saying doesn’t jive is all I’m saying. Essentially you’re saying a great player can overcome and excel when there are bad schemes. That doesn’t make sense. just ask Trevor Lawrence.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:37 pm

minutefanjsf wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:10 pm
dennisdent wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:16 pm ^Where was it written that he was "both" at UMass??? :roll: :roll: Do you even remember watching Coen run the offense--he was like having another coach on the field--NOT THE OC!!! Having one of the best QBs in UMass football history and a great offensive mind, covered-up for Morris and his mediocracy as an OC.
You can’t have it both ways. How does Coen’s mind overcome or cover up for KMo if Coen wasn’t involved in coordinating? Wouldn’t Coen’s success be attributable to KMo designing plays that worked? Yes Liam was one of the best QBs in UMass history. No debate at all. I am not and never will say KMo was an upper echelon or elite OC and am not trying to imply that. I do remember Coen. And yes he was great. What you are saying doesn’t jive is all I’m saying. Essentially you’re saying a great player can overcome and excel when there are bad schemes. That doesn’t make sense. just ask Trevor Lawrence.
I can have anything I want :P :P :P !!! Again, where did I write that Coen was the OC??? Just answer my question. Great players, especially QBs can overcome mediocre coaches all the time. Who gives a fuck about Trevor Lawrence!

minutefanjsf
Hall of Fame

Post by minutefanjsf » Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:58 pm

dennisdent wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:37 pm
minutefanjsf wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:10 pm
I can have anything I want :P :P :P !!! Again, where did I write that Coen was the OC??? Just answer my question. Great players, especially QBs can overcome mediocre coaches all the time. Who gives a fuck about Trevor Lawrence!
You didn’t and I didn’t say you did. My question to you was how did he overcome the poor coaching? What did he do? You stated his offensive mind did it. The implies he had say in play design not just execution. How did his mind get all those receivers open or provide protection for him to throw?