Game 6: Liberty (Pride Day)

Get ready for some MACtion
Berkman
Hall of Fame

Re: Game 6: Liberty (Pride Day)

Post by Berkman » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:39 pm

Are we really expecting too much from DB's 1st season? He did bring in a lot of players from the portal but how good were some of these guys? The reason they went into the portal is because they were not getting playing time where they were. With this first season under their belt they should be able to recruit better players. We really need a top notch QB whether a quality transfer or a real good one from JC. I do not like running QB's as they get frequently injured as yesterday. It looked like we were getting decent QB play until he went down. Why does the other QB that does all that running have to run up the middle. Our offensive line has improved but not well enough to do that much running up the middle.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:52 pm

JoleonLescottsHair wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:48 am ^ excellent point. And since FBS has been an absolute disaster, modest improvement might become the new success metric. We are now 21-96 since the upgrade.
Excuse me, Dumb User Name, but you sound like the Japanese soldiers hiding in caves after WW2. You are like a broken record. I'll say it slowly for you: UMass made the move to FBS over 10 years ago. The move to FBS has been made. We are not dropping down to FCS. Tens of millions of dollars have been spent supporting the upgrade. But I'll tell the Chancellor all the stadium improvements need to be removed ASAP.
Do you attend the games or follow the games, except to say "what was the attendance" after every game?

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:00 pm

Berkman wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:39 pm Are we really expecting too much from DB's 1st season?
Good Question Berkman. W/o naming names, One thing that this board has unquestionably revealed over the years is that there are some here who are incredibly ignorant when it comes to football. I'm not sure what you were expecting from DB's first season. I hoped that we would see an improved team on both sides of the football that shows steady improvement on a weekly basis. Thats what we're seeing.

UMass D especially played a good Liberty team (which s/b undefeated) tough for 4 quarters yesterday, Our kids never quit and put up 24 points. Despite that we still see ignorant comments on here from alleged UMass fans. Pathetic morons is more like it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:10 pm

Jack wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:00 pm
Berkman wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:39 pm Are we really expecting too much from DB's 1st season?
Good Question Berkman. W/o naming names, One thing that this board has unquestionably revealed over the years is that there are some here who are incredibly ignorant when it comes to football. I'm not sure what you were expecting from DB's first season. I hoped that we would see an improved team on both sides of the football that shows steady improvement on a weekly basis. Thats what we're seeing.

UMass D especially played a good Liberty team (which s/b undefeated) tough for 4 quarters yesterday, Our kids never quit and put up 24 points. Despite that we still see ignorant comments on here from alleged UMass fans. Pathetic morons is more like it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don Brown has done an excellent job. This is his last coaching stop and he has come "full circle". Not only is he home (he's from Spencer) but gets to do what Whipple did (get a second go around with UMass except we're FBS this time). We played EMU tough and covered. In Don Brown We Trust.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:11 pm

"I hoped that we would see an improved team on both sides of the football that shows steady improvement on a weekly basis. Thats what we're seeing." You must be a real football savant if you're seeing improvement on the offense this season. :roll:

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:19 pm

dennisdent wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:11 pm

"I hoped that we would see an improved team on both sides of the football that shows steady improvement on a weekly basis. Thats what we're seeing." You must be a real football savant if you're seeing improvement on the offense this season. :roll:
"Both sides"?!? I've seen awesome improvement on D, but our offense sucks.

Jack
Senior

Post by Jack » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:28 pm

dennisdent wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:11 pm "I hoped that we would see an improved team on both sides of the football that shows steady improvement on a weekly basis. Thats what we're seeing." You must be a real football savant if you're seeing improvement on the offense this season. :roll:

Hey Denny, Compared to you, I'm Paul Brown, Knute Rockne, Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi and Bear Bryant all rolled into one :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheInsider
Hall of Fame

Post by TheInsider » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:46 pm

It looked to be different with Dzuro.. i think we need a true duel threat QB for this offense to work.

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:48 pm

Jack wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:28 pm
dennisdent wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:11 pm "I hoped that we would see an improved team on both sides of the football that shows steady improvement on a weekly basis. Thats what we're seeing." You must be a real football savant if you're seeing improvement on the offense this season. :roll:

Hey Denny, Compared to you, I'm Paul Brown, Knute Rockne, Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi and Bear Bryant all rolled into one :lol: :lol: :lol:
So you're Charlie Weis :lol: :lol: :lol: !

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:19 pm

Or Nick Saban, Bo Schembechler, Bill Belichick, Don Shula, and Joe Paterno all rolled into one :lol: :lol: :lol:

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:22 pm

ZooMass84 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:52 pm Do you attend the games or follow the games, except to say "what was the attendance" after every game?
Dear Simpleton,

I don’t live in Massachusetts, so, no, I don’t attend games. But I did spend 3 hours of time yesterday watching the game on Roku, which I specifically have to watch UMass sports.

What I saw was 11,000 people show up for a heavily promoted event on a beautiful fall day. Year 10 of this failed experiment. By comparison, A division 3 school like UW Whitewater averages around 7000 and a premier 1AA team like North Dakota State averages around 15000. Hell, high school teams in Florida and Texas challenge UMass on that score. But, hey, at least we get to lose to a big time college football school like Liberty instead of experiencing some real joy as fans like, say, Holy Cross. Because, well, FBS and all.

There has been 1 FBS game at UMass rank in the top 25 of the school’s single game attendance records. One.
I’d call that success by any measure.

But you just keep telling me how much I hate UMass football or saying profoundly dumb shit about social security and embarrassingly failing to understand how history actually works and what it means. Speaking of history, were you in Chattanooga to see us win a national championship? Don’t answer that, junior. I know I was, and I sure as hell enjoyed us being a respected power in 1AA than pretending there is somehow more excitement and honor in continually losing to middling FBS programs in front of an empty stadium.

But, hey, If we could just get a good quarterback we wouldn’t be 21-96 in FBS and this whole upgrade should work. Damn that Max Page!

So, sit down, dumbass. There are several smart people on this board who can at least make the case that UMass can somehow succeed in FBS. You’re not one of those.
ZooMass84 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:19 pm

Or Nick Saban, Bo Schembechler, Bill Belichick, Don Shula, and Joe Paterno all rolled into one :lol: :lol: :lol:
I’ll take the football knowledge of an obvious long time fan named after a UMass great than that of a reactionary crank appropriately named Jack or a dude named ZooMass who doesn’t seem to recognize the irony of his own name.
Last edited by JoleonLescottsHair on Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:54 pm

JoleonLescottsHair wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:22 pm
ZooMass84 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:52 pm Do you attend the games or follow the games, except to say "what was the attendance" after every game?
Dear Simpleton,

I don’t live in Massachusetts, so, no, I don’t attend games. But I did spend 3 hours of time yesterday watching the game on Roku, which I specifically have to watch UMass sports.

What I saw was 11,000 people show up for a heavily promoted event on a beautiful fall day. Year 10 of this failed experiment. By comparison, A division 3 school like UW Whitewater averages around 7000 and a premier 1AA team like North Dakota State averages around 15000. Hell, high school teams in Florida and Texas challenge UMass on that score. But, hey, at least we get to lose to a big time college football school like Liberty instead of experiencing some real joy as fans like, say, Holy Cross. Because, well, FBS and all.

There has been one 1 FBS game at UMass rank in the top 25 of the school’s single game attendance records. One.
I’d call that success by any measure.

But you just keep telling me how much I hate UMass football or saying profoundly dumb shit about social security and embarrassingly failing to understand how history actually works and what it means. Speaking of history, were you in Chattanooga to see us win a national championship? Don’t answer that, junior. I know I was, and I sure as hell enjoyed us being a respected power in 1AA than pretending there is somehow more excitement and honor in continually losing to middling FBS programs in front of an empty stadium.

But, hey, If we could just get a good quarterback we wouldn’t be 21-96 in FBS and this whole upgrade should work. Damn that Max Page!

So, sit down, dumbass. There are several smart people on this board who can at least make the case that UMass can somehow succeed in FBS. You’re not one of those.
I figured as much, moron. Please just stop posting on this board. It's for fans who actually root for UMass, not for pseudo intellectuals who think the program is going to drop back down. You are an idiot like Max Page and every other fool who thinks otherwise. You are probably Max Page. You bring up these moronic things like "what was the attendance".The attendance was 50,000 in our sold out brand new stadium. :oops: I went to Texas A&M for graduate school and Kyle Field holds 100,000. They get more for yell practice on Friday night than UMass gets on Saturday but who cares?
You brought up Max Page but that was 10 years ago. You might as well bring up "Adlai Stevenson was smarter than Dwight Eisenhower". Adlai Stevenson was 10 times smarter than Dwight Eisenhower but who cares? I'll say it EXTRA slowly for you: UMASS IS NEVER DROPPING BACK DOWN TO 1AA. I don't care if they go 1-11 for the next 100 years, you idiot.

JoleonLescottsHair
Hall of Fame

Post by JoleonLescottsHair » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:17 pm

ZooMass84 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:54 pm …not for pseudo intellectuals
Oh no, did I use some words that you don’t understand?!

dennisdent
Senior

Post by dennisdent » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:57 pm

Guys can we stop hating on each other personally!!!

Its much more fun to hate on coaches making more money then UMass professors. Yes, Casula that means you and your poor play designs and calls.

ZooMass84
Senior

Post by ZooMass84 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:23 pm

dennisdent wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:57 pm Guys can we stop hating on each other personally!!!

Its much more fun to hate on coaches making more money then UMass professors. Yes, Casula that means you and your poor play designs and calls.
Sorry, I just can't stand some idiot who doesn't go to games or donate to the program constantly babble that we should drop down to FCS. He must get off on posting that crap on this board. I always wondered about his stupid user name but it's totally appropriate. He's basically a fool who yells fire in a crowded theater.